Last Updated on February 9, 2021 by Admin
16.2.4 Packet Tracer – Configure Basic Wireless Security Answers
Packet Tracer – Configure Basic Wireless Security (Answers Version)
Answers Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the Answers copy only.
Configure basic wireless security using WPA2 Personal.
Background / Scenario
A small business owner learns that the wireless network should be secured from unauthorized access. He has decided to use WPA2 Personal for his network.
Part 1:Verify connectivity.
- Access the Desktop > Web Browser on the laptop.
- Enter www.cisco.pka into the URL. The web page should display.
Part 2:Configure basic wireless security.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the web browser to access the wireless router. Enter admin as the username and password.
- Click Wireless menu. Select Wireless Security menu.
- The security mode is disabled currently. For 2.4 GHz network, change the security mode to WPA2 Personal. For the 5 GHz networks, you can leave them as disabled.
- In the Passphrase field, enter Network123.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Settings. Close the web browser.
Part 3:Update the wireless settings on Laptop.
- Click PC Wireless in the Desktop tab.
- Click Connect tab. Select the Academy and click Connect.
- Enter Network123 as the pre-shared key. Click Connect.
- Close the PC Wireless window.
Part 4:Verify connectivity.
- Access the Web Browser.
- Enter www.cisco.pka into the URL. Verify that the web page displays after the addition of basic wireless configuration.
- If you are unable to access the web page, verify your wireless settings on the wireless router and the laptop. Also verify that laptop is connected to the wireless router.