Last Updated on November 4, 2018 by InfraExam
22.214.171.124 Lab – Research Docking Stations Answers
Lab – Research Docking Stations (Answers Version)
In this lab, you will use the Internet, a newspaper, or a local store to gather information and then record the specifications for a laptop docking station. Be prepared to discuss your decisions regarding the docking station you select.
Answers Note: You may choose another laptop docking station to research. The answers below are specific to the Lenovo T440p. Most laptops will use the manufacturer’s proprietary docking stations.
- Research a docking station compatible with a laptop. What is the model or part number of the docking station?_______________________________________________________________________________________
Answers may vary. The model is ThinkPad Pro Dock – 90W. The part number is 40100090US.
- What is the approximate cost?
The cost is $250.
- What are the dimensions of the docking station?_______________________________________________________________________________________
Height: 2.19in, 55.6mm
Width: 13.58in, 345mm
Depth: 6.40in, 162.5mm
- How does the laptop connect to the docking station?_______________________________________________________________________________________
The laptop has a docking station connector on the underside of the laptop, which attaches to a connector on the docking station.
- List some of the features available with this docking station.
3x USB 2.0, one supports always-on USB charging
1x USB 3.0
10/1000 Gigabit Ethernet supports enterprise manageability
Driver-free, perfect video quality
Security lock hole
Includes ThinkPad AC adapter (90W)
- Is this docking station compatible with other laptop models?_______________________________________________________________________________________
Yes, this docking station works with the Lenovo ThinkPad T Series.