Last Updated on February 14, 2024 by InfraExam
A company is deploying BGP multihoming to provide network connection redundancy for several branch locations. One of the network design objectives is to provide deterministic routing among company locations during failover by providing a specific location to handle branch transit traffic. Which two design criteria should be applied to the specific facility? (Choose two.)
- OSPF is the preferred IGP for the facility.
- The routing pattern is bidirectional and predictable.
- The bandwidth can be sized according to the traffic needs.
- The facility should be in a central place from all company locations.
- BGP route policies should apply to only allow for local BGP routes to be advertised.
|Answers Explanation & Hints:
Multihomed environments should be configured so that branch routers cannot act as transit routers. In most designs, transit routing of traffic from another branch is undesirable, as WAN bandwidth may not be sized accordingly. If transit behavior is required, it should be restricted to the data centers or specific locations with these design criteria: