Last Updated on March 23, 2021 by Admin
A file called new_resume has the following file permissions: rw-r-x–x. What two facts can be determined from these permissions? (Choose two.)
- The user has full access to the file.
- Members of the group have read and execute access to the file.
- Other people have read and execute access to the file.
- Group members are able to modify the file.
- The user is able to read and modify the file.
- Other people have no access to the file.
Explanation:Read, write, and execute permissions are assigned to each file. The permissions are listed in groups of three. The first group of three permissions references users, the second references group members, and the third references others. The first position of each of the three permissions is the R or read permission, the second is the W or write permission, and the third is the X or execute permission. If any position has a dash, the associated group does not have permission for that category. In this case, the user hasread and write access (rw-). Group members haveread and execute access (r-x). Other people haveexecute only access (–x).