Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by InfraExam
A network administrator is connecting two modern switches using a straight-through cable. The switches are new and have never been configured. Which three statements are correct about the final result of the connection? (Choose three.)
- The link between the switches will work at the fastest speed that is supported by both switches.
- The link between switches will work as full-duplex.
- If both switches support different speeds, they will each work at their own fastest speed.
- The auto-MDIX feature will configure the interfaces eliminating the need for a crossover cable.
- The connection will not be possible unless the administrator changes the cable to a crossover cable.
- The duplex capability has to be manually configured because it cannot be negotiated.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Modern switches can negotiate to work in full-duplex mode if both switches are capable. They will negotiate to work using the fastest possible speed and the auto-MDIX feature is enabled by default, so a cable change is not needed.