Last Updated on November 8, 2022 by InfraExam
CCNA3 Chapter 1 Exam Answer v5.03 2016
Which two features of enterprise class equipment assists an enterprise network in maintaining 99.999 percent up-time? (Choose two.)
- failover capabilities
- collapsed core
- redundant power supplies
- failure domains
- services module
Refer to the exhibit. Which devices exist in the failure domain when switch S3 loses power?
- S4 and PC_2
- PC_3 and AP_2
- AP_2 and AP_1
- PC_3 and PC_2
- S1 and S4
How can an enterprise network be designed to optimize bandwidth?
- by installing devices with failover capabilities
- by limiting the size of failure domains
- by deploying a collapsed core model
- by organizing the network to control traffic patterns
In the Cisco Enterprise Architecture, which two functional parts of the network are combined to form a collapsed core design? (Choose two.)
- core layer
- access layer
- enterprise edge
- provider edge
- distribution layer
What network design would contain the scope of disruptions on a network should a failure occur?
- the installation of only enterprise class equipment throughout the network
- the configuration of all access layer devices to share a single gateway
- the reduction in the number of redundant devices and connections in the network core
- the deployment of distribution layer switches in pairs and the division of access layer switch connections between them
Which design feature will limit the size of a failure domain in an enterprise network?
- the use of a collapsed core design
- the use of the building switch block approach
- the installation of redundant power supplies
- the purchase of enterprise equipment that is designed for large traffic volume
A network administrator is planning redundant devices and cabling in a switched network to support high availability. Which benefit will implementing the Spanning Tree Protocol provide to this design?
- Multiple physical interfaces can be combined into a single EtherChannel interface.
- Redundant paths can be available without causing logical Layer 2 loops.
- Network access can be expanded to support both wired and wireless devices.
- Faster convergence is available for advanced routing protocols.
What are two benefits of extending access layer connectivity to users through a wireless medium? (Choose two.)
- increased flexibility
- decreased number of critical points of failure
- reduced costs
- increased bandwidth availability
- increased network management options
As the network administrator you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?
- providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic
- grouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth between two switches
- grouping two devices to share a virtual IP address
- providing redundant devices to allow traffic to flow in the event of device failure
Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Meraki switches?
- They promote infrastructure scalability, operational continuity, and transport flexibility.
- They are cloud-managed access switches that enable virtual stacking of switches.
- They are campus LAN switches that perform the same functions as Cisco 2960 switches.
- They are service provider switches that aggregate traffic at the edge of the network.
In which situation would a network administrator install a Cisco Nexus Series or Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch to promote infrastructure scalability?
- to enable virtual stacking of switches to provide cloud-managed access
- on a service provider network to promote integrated security, and simplified management
- on a data center network to provide expansion and transport flexibility
- on a campus LAN network as access layer switches
Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches?
- They do not support an active switched virtual interface (SVI) with IOS versions prior to 15.x.
- They are best used as distribution layer switches.
- They are modular switches.
- New Cisco Catalyst 2960-C switches support PoE pass-through.
What is the function of ASICs in a multilayer switch?
- They provide power to devices such as IP phones and wireless access points through Ethernet ports.
- They streamline forwarding of IP packets in a multilayer switch by bypassing the CPU.
- They prevent Layer 2 loops by disabling redundant links between switches.
- They aggregate multiple physical switch ports into a single logical port.
What is the function of PoE pass-through?
- allows a switch to disable redundant Layer 2 paths in the topology to prevent Layer 2 loops
- allows switches, phones, and wireless access points to receive power over existing Ethernet cables from an upstream switch
- allows a multilayer switch to forward IP packets at a rate close to that of Layer 2 switching by bypassing the CPU
- allows multiple physical switch ports to be aggregated together and act as a single logical link to increase bandwidth on trunk links
What term is used to express the thickness or height of a switch?
- rack unit
- port density
- domain size
- module size
A network engineer is reviewing a network design that uses a fixed configuration enterprise router that supports both LAN and WAN connections. However, the engineer realizes that the router does not have enough interfaces to support growth and network expansion. Which type of device should be used as a replacement?
- a Layer 3 switch
- a modular router
- a PoE device
- another fixed configuration router
What are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
- It connects multiple IP networks.
- It controls the flow of data via the use of Layer 2 addresses.
- It determines the best path to send packets.
- It manages the VLAN database.
- It increases the size of the broadcast domain.
Which two requirements must always be met to use in-band management to configure a network device? (Choose two.)
- a direct connection to the console port
- a direct connection to the auxiliary port
- a terminal emulation client
- at least one network interface that is connected and operational
- Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access to the device
Immediately after a router completes its boot sequence, the network administrator wants to check the routers configuration. From privileged EXEC mode, which of the following commands can the administrator use for this purpose? (Choose two.)
- show flash
- show NVRAM
- show startup-config
- show running-config
- show version
What are two ways to access a Cisco switch for out-of-band management? (Choose two.)
- a connection that uses HTTP
- a connection that uses Telnet
- a connection that uses the console port
- a connection that uses SSH
- a connection that uses the AUX port
Match the purpose to the related configuration item. (Not all options are used.)