Last Updated on November 8, 2022 by InfraExam
CCNA3 Chapter 3 Exam Answer v5.03 2016
The trunk link between two 2960 switches has reached its capacity. How can this be addressed in the most economical way?
- Increase the speed of the ports.
- Decrease the size of the inter-switch collision domain by configuring additional VLANs.
- Combine physical ports into a high-speed logical link by configuring EtherChannel.
- Create additional broadcast domains by inserting a router between the switches.
Refer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow each access layer switch link to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth between each Layer 2 switch and the Layer 3 switch?
Which two load balancing methods can be implemented with EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)
- destination MAC to destination IP
- destination IP to destination MAC
- source MAC to destination MAC
- source IP to destination IP
- destination MAC to source MAC
- destination IP to source IP
Which statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to create EtherChannels?
- It requires full duplex.
- It is Cisco proprietary.
- It requires more physical links than LACP does.
- It increases the number of ports that are participating in spanning tree.
- It mandates that an even number of ports (2, 4, 6, etc.) be used for aggregation.
Which two protocols are link aggregation protocols? (Choose two.)
Which PAgP mode combination will establish an EtherChannel?
- switch 1 set to on; switch 2 set to desirable.
- switch 1 set to desirable; switch 2 set to desirable.
- switch 1 set to auto; switch 2 set to auto.
- switch 1 set to auto; switch 2 set to on.
Refer to the exhibit. The administrator tried to create an EtherChannel between S1 and the other two switches via the commands that are shown, but was unsuccessful. What is the problem?
- Traffic can only be sent to two different switches if EtherChannel is implemented on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- Traffic can only be sent to two different switches if EtherChannel is implemented on Layer 3 switches.
- Traffic cannot be sent to two different switches through the same EtherChannel link.
- Traffic cannot be sent to two different switches, but only to two different devices like an EtherChannel-enabled server and a switch.
When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel, which mode will configure LACP so that it initiates the EtherChannel negotiation?
When a range of ports is being configured for EtherChannel by the use of PAgP, which mode will form the bundled channel only if the port receives PAgP packets from another device?
Which statement describes a characteristic of EtherChannel?
- It can combine up to a maximum of 4 physical links.
- It can bundle mixed types of 100 Mb/s and 1Gb/s Ethernet links.
- It consists of multiple parallel links between a switch and a router.
- It is made by combining multiple physical links that are seen as one link between two switches.
What are two advantages of using LACP? (Choose two.)
- increases redundancy to Layer 3 devices
- eliminates the need for the spanning-tree protocol
- allows automatic formation of EtherChannel links
- provides a simulated environment for testing link aggregation
- decreases the amount of configuration that is needed on a switch for EtherChannel
- allows use of multivendor devices
Which three settings must match in order for switch ports to form an EtherChannel? (Choose three.)
- The switch port numbers that will be combined to form the EtherChannel must match.
- Non-trunk ports must belong to the same VLAN.
- The SNMP community strings must be configured the same.
- The interfaces must be configured to the same speed.
- The duplex settings of the switch ports on both sides of the physical link must match.
- Port security settings on the connected physical interfaces must be configured to the same violation mode.
Which command will initiate EtherChannel interface configuration mode?
- channel-group group-identifier
- interface port-channel interface-identifier
- interface interface-identifier
- interface range interface-identifier
What is a best practice to use before beginning an EtherChannel implementation?
- Assign affected interfaces to VLAN 1.
- Assign affected interfaces to the management VLAN.
- Shut down each of the affected interfaces.
- Enable each of the affected interfaces.
- Assign affected interfaces to an unused VLAN.
A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 by using the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passive. Which command must be used on SW2 to enable this EtherChannel?
- SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode auto
- SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode active
- SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passive
- SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode desirable
An EtherChannel link using LACP was formed between two switches, S1 and S2. While verifying the configuration, which mode combination could be utilized on both switches?
- S1-on and S2-passive
- S1-passive and S2-passive
- S1-on and S2-active
- S1-passive and S2-active
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has decided that an EtherChannel between ports 0/1 and 0/2 on switches S1 and S2 would help performance. After making the configuration, the administrator notices no performance gain. Based on the output that is shown, what two assumptions can the network administrator make? (Choose two.)
- The EtherChannel bundle is working.
- The EtherChannel bundle is not working.
- One of the ports on S2 was not configured correctly.
- Switch S2 did not use a compatible EtherChannel mode.
- LACP and PAgP were both used to form the EtherChannel.
- Switch S2 must be configured so that the maximum number of port channels is increased.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issued the show etherchannel summary command on the switch S1. What conclusion can be drawn?
- The EtherChannel is suspended.
- The EtherChannel is not functional.
- The port aggregation protocol PAgP is misconfigured.
- FastEthernet ports Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and Fa0/3 do not join the EtherChannel.
Which statement describes an EtherChannel implementation?
EtherChannel operates only at Layer 2.
PAgP cannot be used in conjunction with EtherChannel.
A trunked port can be part of an EtherChannel bundle.
EtherChannel can support up to a maximum of ten separate links.
Match the description to the correct command. (Not all options are used.)
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What are two reasons why the ping messages that are issued from Laptop0 towards Laptop1 are failing? (Choose two.)
The channel group mode is not set correctly on the switches.
The wrong cable types are connecting the two switches.
The interface VLAN 1 is shut down on both switches.
The channel group should be configured as a trunk on each switch.
The two interfaces on each of the switches belong to different VLANs.