Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by InfraExam
CCNA4 Chapter 8 Exam (v5.03) Answer 2016
What are the most common syslog messages?
- those that occur when a packet matches a parameter condition in an access control list
- link up and link down messages
- output messages that are generated from debug output
- error messages about hardware or software malfunctions
When logging is used, which severity level indicates that a device is unusable?A
- Alert – Level 1
- Critical – Level 2
- Emergency – Level 0
- Error – Level 3
The command ntp server 10.1.1.1 is issued on a router. What impact does this command have?
- determines which server to send system log files to
- identifies the server on which to store backup configurations
- ensures that all logging will have a time stamp associated with it
- synchronizes the clock of the device to the timeserver that is located at IP address 10.1.1.1
Which protocol or service allows network administrators to receive system messages that are provided by network devices?
Which syslog message type is accessible only to an administrator and only via the Cisco CLI?
Refer to the exhibit. From what location have the syslog messages been retrieved?
- syslog server
- syslog client
- router RAM
- router NVRAM
Refer to the exhibit. What does the number 17:46:26.143 represent?
- the time passed since the syslog server has been started
- the time when the syslog message was issued
- the time passed since the interfaces have been up
- the time on the router when the show logging command was issued
Which destination do Cisco routers and switches use by default when sending syslog messages for all severity levels?
- nearest syslog server
A network administrator has issued the logging trap 4 global configuration mode command. What is the result of this command?
- After four events, the syslog client will send an event message to the syslog server.
- The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and higher.
- The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and lower.
- The syslog client will send to the syslog server event messages with an identification trap level of only 4.
Which statement describes SNMP operation?
- An NMS periodically polls the SNMP agents that are residing on managed devices by using traps to query the devices for data.
- A get request is used by the SNMP agent to query the device for data.
- An SNMP agent that resides on a managed device collects information about the device and stores that information remotely in the MIB that is located on the NMS.
- A set request is used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device.
Which SNMP feature provides a solution to the main disadvantage of SNMP polling?
- SNMP set messages
- SNMP trap messages
- SNMP get messages
- SNMP community strings
When SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 is being used, which feature provides secure access to MIB objects?
- packet encryption
- message integrity
- community strings
- source validation
Which SNMP version uses weak community string-based access control and supports bulk retrieval?
Which protocol or service can be configured to send unsolicited messages to alert the network administrator about a network event such as an extremely high CPU utilization on a router?
A network administrator has issued the snmp-server user admin1 admin v3 encrypted auth md5 abc789 priv des 256 key99 command. What are two features of this command? (Choose two.)
- It adds a new user to the SNMP group.
- It restricts SNMP access to defined SNMP managers.
- It forces the network manager to log into the agent to retrieve the SNMP messages.
- It uses the MD5 authentication of the SNMP messages.
- It allows a network administrator to configure a secret encrypted password on the SNMP server.
A network administrator issues two commands on a router:
R1(config)# snmp-server host 10.10.50.25 version 2c campus
R1(config)# snmp-server enable traps
What can be concluded after the commands are entered?
- No traps are sent, because the notification-types argument was not specified yet.
- Traps are sent with the source IP address as 10.10.50.25.
- If an interface comes up, a trap is sent to the server.
- The snmp-server enable traps command needs to be used repeatedly if a particular subset of trap types is desired.
Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the produced output?
- An ACL was configured to restrict SNMP access to an SNMP manager.
- This is the output of the show snmp command without any parameters.
- The system contact was not configured with the snmp-server contact command.
- The location of the device was not configured with the snmp-server location command.
Which protocol is used by network administrators to track and gather statistics on TCP/IP packets that are entering or exiting network devices?
How does NetFlow function on a Cisco router or multilayer switch?
- Netflow captures and analyzes traffic.
- One user connection to an application exists as two NetFlow flows.
- On 2960 switches, Netlow allows for data export.
- NetFlow does not consume any additional memory.
Which type of information can an administrator obtain with the show ip cache flow command?
- the NetFlow version that is enabled
- whether NetFlow is configured on the correct interface and in the correct direction
- the configuration of the export parameters
- the protocol that uses the largest volume of traffic
Which two statements describe items to be considered in configuring NetFlow? (Choose two.)
- Netflow requires both management and agent software.
- Netflow requires UDP port 514 for notification messages.
- NetFlow consumes additional memory.
- Netflow can only be used in a unidirectional flow.
- NetFlow can only be used if all devices on the network support it.
What is the most common purpose of implementing NetFlow in a networked environment?
- to support accounting and monitoring with consumer applications
- to actively capture traffic from networked devices
- to monitor live data usage and to control traffic flow with set messages
- to passively capture changing events that occur in the network and to perform after-the-fact-analysis
Refer to the exhibit. While planning an upgrade, a network administrator uses the Cisco NetFlow utility to analyze data flow in the current network. Which protocol used the greatest amount of network time?