Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by InfraExam
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 03
A technician is setting up a WiFi-enabled thermostat for a customer, but the customer is concerned about IoT devices getting hacked.
Which of the following BEST address the customer’s concerns? (Choose two.)
- Use the latest encryption standard on the wireless network and set a strong password.
- Enable two-factor authentication for the IoT device’s cloud account, if it is available.
- Separate the IoT thermostat by segregating it in a DMZ network.
- Disable wireless access on the thermostat to make it unshakable.
- Upgrade the customer’s router to the latest version to improve network security.
- Upgrade the customer’s wireless network encryption to WPA.
A technician wants to block remote logins to a server. Which of the following ports should be blocked?
A company has very strict rules regarding proprietary information leaving the premises. All computers host proprietary information. A technician is called to repair a computer on-site at the company’s corporate office. The technician identifies the problem and goes through the troubleshooting steps to create a plan of action. The technician determines the computer needs to be taken off-site for repair.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Check corporate policies for guidance.
- Get authorization from the manager.
- Delete proprietary data before leaving the building.
- Remove the HDD and send the device for repair.
A technician is setting up a new wireless network at a branch office that previously had only wired connectivity with statically assigned IP addresses. After setting up the network, the technician configures a server to provide IP addresses to wireless clients. During testing, the technician is unable to access the Internet or named network resources. The technician receives a valid IP address from the DHCP server and can ping the default gateway.
Which of the following should be technician check NEXT to resolve this issue?
- Ensure the options are configured to provide a DNS server.
- Verify the Windows Firewall is turned off.
- Configure the wireless network’s SSID to be hidden.
- Enable file and printer sharing in the OS.
A user purchases a wireless printer and sets it up in an office. The user installs all necessary software for the printer on the computer and connects the printer to the guest wireless network. However, when the user attempts to print to the printer, nothing happens.
Which of the following will resolve the issue?
- Set up the user’s computer to act as a print server.
- Configure the printer to use the Internet printing protocol.
- Ensure the user’s computer is set to DHCP.
- Connect the printer to the company wireless network.
A user is having a problem with printing a specific document type.
The network printer OCP shows that the printer is online with no errors. Other users are not having the same issue. The user sends the document to another printer and the document prints.
Which of the following should a technician do FIRST in troubleshooting the problem?
- Stop and restart the PC print spooler service.
- Verify the user is sending the document to the correct printer queue.
- Have each user send the same document to the correct printer queue.
- Stop and restart the print server queues, and then have the user resend the document.
A server needs a RAM upgrade, and a technician has been tasked with retrieving the RAM from storage and then installing it.
Which of the following is the BEST RAM type for the technician to retrieve?
- Single channel
A customer wants to upgrade a PC’s internal storage to have more room to store backups, photos, and videos. The new storage should be large enough to avoid expanding again next year.
Which of the following BEST meets these needs?
- 3TB HDD
- 50GB NAS
- 500TB SAN
- 512GB SSD
The feature that allows users to store files in cloud-based storage when necessary, but can be removed when space is freed up, is known as:
- resource pool
- synchronization application
- shared resources
Several computers are having network connectivity issues. Two of the computers are wired and are not having any issues. The technician verifies that none of the computers having issues have been assigned a static IP.
Which of the following should the technician check NEXT?
- Check the closest AP for the area.
- Check each wireless adapter switch.
- Check the group’s network switch.
- Check the DHCP server.
A customer accidentally drops a laptop while it is charging. The next day, the customer notices the laptop will not turn on and calls a technician to investigate. The technician confirms the laptop will not turn on even though it is connected to the power adapter.
Which of the following components is the MOST likely cause of this behavior?
- Power adapter
- DC jack
- Hard drive
A systems administrator is configuring a server to host several virtual machines. The administrator configures the server and is ready to begin provisioning the virtual machines.
Which of the following features should the administrator utilize to complete the task?
- Disk management
- Terminal services
- Device Manager
- Virtual LAN
A network administrator must install a device that will proactively stop outside attacks from reaching the LAN.
Which of the following devices would BEST meet the organization’s needs?
- Proxy server
- Authentication server
Which of the following devices can be used to connect multiple devices within a network without broadcasting to every network port?
- Unmanaged switch
- Cable modem
A technician is setting up a Windows mobile device for a user who had trouble reading text on a previous device, especially at night.
Which of the following adjustments would be MOST appropriate?
- Use the magnifier.
- Increase the resolution.
- Use haptic feedback.
- Utilize text-to-speech.
A technician is setting up a VM for use in testing software deployments. The VM is offline, but the hypervisor is not.
Which of the following settings should the technician change to resolve this issue?
- Virtual security
- Virtual storage
- Virtual CPU
- Virtual switch
- Virtual RAM
A projector’s image begins to flicker during a presentation. The laptop display does not produce this issue.
When a technician changes the resolution on the laptop, the issue persists. Which of the following is the NEXT step the technician should take?
- Check the connectivity of the VGA cable.
- Check the connectivity of the power cable.
- Change the aspect ratio on the laptop.
- Change the settings of the projector.
A technician upgraded the memory on a server from two 8GB sticks to eight 32GB sticks. The server memory is now at full capacity per the user guide. When the technician powers on the system, only 128GB of memory is recognized by the OS and the BIOS. The technician decides to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware on the system, which does not help. Next, the technician installs the memory in sets of 64GB at a time. Each individual set of 64GB is fully recognized by the server.
Which of the following will not allow the server to recognize all of the memory installed at the same time?
- The power supply is not supplying enough power for the memory.
- The memory has too many ECC errors and is shutting down
- The server is overheating when all of the memory is installed.
- The server needs DDR4 memory, and DDR3 is installed.
A technician is talking to end users about the specifications for an upgraded application server. The users of the application report that there cannot be any unscheduled downtime or data loss. Additionally, they would like the performance of the application to improve over the previous server in any way possible. The previous server was running RAID 5.
Which of the following RAID solutions should be implemented in this scenario?
- RAID 0
- RAID 6
- RAID 10
An end user reports a printer error that states “Replace filament”. With which of the following types of printer is the end user MOST likely having problems?
- Ink jet