Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by InfraExam
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 04
Which of the following features will save the battery life of a laptop significantly if they are disabled? (Choose two.)
- Screen orientation
- Fingerprint reader
Which of the following technologies can be used for wireless payments?
A technician is ordering a new motherboard and processors for a company email server. When reviewing the vendor licensing agreement, the technician sees that there is a flat per-socket licensing fee.
Which of the following motherboard/processor combinations should the technician order to get the BEST performance while minimizing licensing fees?
- A dual-processor motherboard with six hyperthreaded cores each.
- A single-processor motherboard with eight hyperthreaded cores.
- A dual-processor motherboard with eight overclocked cores each.
- A single-processor motherboard with ten overclocked cores.
A printer stops working in the billing department and cannot be repaired. A new printer has been ordered and a technician is tasked with allowing other users to print to the billing manager’s printer until the new printer arrives. The manager’s printer is currently used via USB connection, and there are no network jacks available for use.
Which of the following is the BEST way for the technician to allow access to the printer?
- Create a share on the manager’s computer and give the users rights to the share.
- Install the printer on the users’ desktops and point it to the IP address of the manager’s computer.
- Purchase a wireless printer so the users can access the printer via the network.
- Provide flash drives to the users so they can transfer data to the manager’s computer for printing.
The touch-screen feature on a Windows device has stopped working.
Which of the following should the technician check FIRST?
- Device Manager
- Performance Monitor
- System configuration
- Digitizer settings
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause for a network PC to have an APIPA address?
- DHCP failure
- DNS resolution
- Duplicate IP address
- Cleared ARP cache
A technician needs to routinely run scripting commands in Linux but does not want to walk over to the server room every time to perform the task. The technician also travels between buildings and has a Windows 10 laptop with 4GB of memory and a fully partitioned 500GB hard drive.
Which of the following steps should the technician take to resolve this issue? (Choose two.)
- Increase the memory to 8GB.
- Install a Linux guest VM.
- Add another 500GB hard drive.
- Create a Linux LiveBoot CD.
- Repartition the hard drive.
- Install Linux on a new ext3 partition.
A technician has been informed that multiple users are receiving duplicate IP address warnings on their workstations, and they are unable to browse the Internet.
Which of the following server types should the technician log in to in order to resolve the problem?
- DNS server
- DHCP server.
- Proxy server
- RADIUS server
Which of the following devices is used to implement network security policies for an environment?
- Managed switch
Which of the following peripheral types is MOST likely to be used to input actions into a PC?
- Optical drive
A technician replaced a broken LED screen on a mobile computer. The operating system can be seen perfectly on screen, but the touch screen is non-responsive.
Which of the following are the MOST probable root causes for the given failure? (Choose three.)
- The hardware replacement used is a non-touch-screen version.
- The touch screen must be calibrated after a replacement.
- The digitizer cable is not seated properly on the motherboard.
- The new touch-screen drivers must be installed.
- The replacement part is dead-on-arrival.
- The LCD panel firmware must be updated.
- The grounding screws are not securely attached.
In a virtual environment, which of the following allows all the VMs to have RAM allocated for use?
- Resource pooling
- Measured service
- Virtual application streaming
An analyst asks a technician to recommend a solution for a customer in the software development industry, where the customer can test a variety of OSs running the various applications that the customer produces. The customer wants to minimize the investment in hardware.
Which of the following solutions should the technician recommend to BEST meet the customer’s requirement?
- Purchase a number of low-cost devices, installing the required OSs and applications on each one. Use separate machines for each testing environment.
- Purchase a high-end system meeting the hardware requirements for all of the individual OSs and applications. Configure a VM for each testing environment.
- Purchase one computer and create images for each computer configuration and OS. Re-image the machine for each testing environment.
- Purchase a number of computers, installing a VM on each one. Configure each VM with an OS for the testing environment.
A user is experiencing email problems and explains to a technician that all emails with graphics or images do not display the graphics.
Which of the following configurations would correct this behavior?
- Change the email settings in antivirus.
- Change the security settings of the email client.
- Change the firewall security settings.
- Change the email proxy settings.
- Change the trusted sites in the browser settings.
Which of the following resources is the MOST critical when using cloud file-storage synchronization applications?
- Disk speed
- I/O bandwidth
- RAM utilization
- CPU utilization
A user logs on a PC and receives a message stating there is a duplicate IP address on the network. After a system restart, the user notices the same error.
Which of the following is the MOST probable cause of the error?
- The user is still logged into another device.
- The user has set a static IP address.
- The user has moved to a different office.
- The user has wireless and wired connections.
Whenever a user’s machine is turned on, a black screen appears prompting the user for an administrative password. The technician has no such password on file for this machine.
Which of the following steps should the technician take to resolve this issue?
- Press and hold the CPU power button for five seconds, and then power back on.
- Disconnect and reconnect the internal hard drive.
- Remove the CMOS battery and reinsert it after ten seconds.
- Remove the motherboard and place it back into the machine after ten minutes.
A server administrator set up a VM to be used in a lab setting. A technician is setting up thin-client computers to access this VM. Which of the following tasks are required to complete the project? (Choose three.)
- Connect the device to a printer.
- Install the operating system.
- Install a USB keyboard and mouse.
- Connect the device to the network.
- Install the latest system updates.
- Install the latest device drivers.
- Connect the device to a monitor.
- Install the necessary applications.
Ann, a local librarian, has had a previously used wireless access point donated to her. She has instructed you to configure this new wireless access point for her public library. Ann plans to allow anyone to connect to the access point without having to ask her for configuration information. Additionally, Ann knows that her neighbors have wireless networks and wants to ensure that her network has the least likelihood of interfering with the other networks. Ann has provided you with the following information.
Wireless Name: Library
New Router Password: Secure$1
Instructions: Select the Public Library in the diagram to configure the wireless network. Once the wireless network tabs are configured, select the save button. When you have completed the simulation, please, select the Done button to submit.
Configure Ann’s wireless library network using the network adapter window.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
- For correct answers: see the explanation below
A user sets up a cable modem at home and connects the modem to the ISP at the cable company. Which of the following network types does this connection describe?