Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by InfraExam
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 06
A laptop is connected to a conference room projector in extended display mode. The desktop icons appear normal on the laptop, but are disproportionate and illegible on the projector screen. Which of the following should the technician check?
- Video resolution
- HDMI connection
Which of the following wireless standards is only capable of 5GHz frequencies?
A technician is configuring a high-performance workstation. The technician needs to choose storage for the boot drive with the highest performance possible. Which of the following drive types BEST meets this requirement?
- 15K rpm
- USB flash
A network administrator is troubleshooting a notebook that is not loading the local Windows 10 operating system. All the computers inside the company are installed using UEFI mode selected. The message on the screen shows a failed attempt to connect to a PXE server. When requested, the end user reported trying to improve the computer’s speed by changing some BIOS configurations randomly. Which of the following should the network administrator check FIRST inside BIOS?
- C-states should be configured to 2
- Secure Boot should be enabled
- Wake-on-LAN should be unchecked
- The PXE server address should be set
A customer recently moved a high-end graphics card from a known-working computer to a different computer. The computer works without issue when viewing email and web pages or when using certain applications. However, when a game with high-end graphics requirements is opened, the program will run for a few minutes before the computer shuts down. Which of the following is MOST likely causing the problem?
- Power supply wattage
- Video RAM
- CPU frequency
- Monitor resolution
An ISP has notified a SOHO user of a usage increase on the user’s network. The user is concerned the WiFi network is being utilized by unauthorized users. Which of the following would minimize the unauthorized use of the WiFi network?
- Implement MAC filtering
- Enable NAT
- Create a network DMZ
- Upgrade the encryption standards
Which of the following services provides the ability to resolve UNC to appropriate IP addresses?
- Web server
A technician is troubleshooting network connectivity issues after a new wireless router was installed in an office. Users who connect to the new router are unable to access LAN resources. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the issue?
- There are conflicting DHCP servers on the network
- There are conflicting ARP records
- There are conflicting gateways on the network
- There are conflicting IP protocols
A technician has been asked to fix a problem with a projector. The projector lamp turns off for brief periods during a demonstration. After the technician replaced the lamp, the problem continued with an added message that appears just before the lamp turns off. Which of the following MOST likely need to be performed? (Choose two.)
- Reset the lamp life counter
- Replace the cooling fan
- Adjust the brightness
- Update the laptop video driver
- Install a higher lumen lamp
- Change the video resolution
A workstation was just moved to a new work location without a surge protector. It was working the day before, but now the PC will not power on, the fans will not spin, and there are no signs of activity. Which of the following should the technician do FIRST?
- Check the power cable connection
- Check the voltage of the PSU with a tester
- Test for distended capacitors
- Check the voltage switch
Some users are unable to access the Internet form their workstations. A technician runs the ipconfig command on one of the workstations and sees the following:
The technician pings 22.214.171.124 and gets no response. Next, the technician pings 192.168.1.1 and gets no response. The technician is able to successfully ping an adjacent workstation but cannot ping the print server on the floor below. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the Internet connectivity issue in the office?
- There is a problem with a router in the office
- There is a problem with a DNS server in the office
- The users are not getting correct IP addresses from the DHCP server
- The wireless access point in the area is down
A systems administrator receives a notification from the RAID controller that the RAID 5 array is degraded. Upon logging into the server, the administrator sees that on logical disk 0, physical disk 2 has failed. Which of the following is the BEST course of action to take to resolve the problem?
- Schedule system downtime and replace physical disk 2. Wait until the array is rebuilt and confirm in the RAID controller that the system is no longer degraded.
- Immediately replace physical disk 2. Wait until the array is rebuilt and confirm in the RAID controller that the system is no longer degraded.
- Delete logical disk 0 and manually configure a new RAID array only using the known-good working drives. Wait until the array is rebuilt and confirm in the RAID controller that the system is no longer degraded.
- In the controller, convert the RAID 5 array to RAID 0 array to avoid system downtime. Wait until the array is rebuilt and confirm in the RAID controller that the system is no longer degraded.
A technician is hired to install network cable in a crawl space running the length of a hallway. To do so without a fire code violation, which of the following types of cable should the technician run?
Which of the following devices performs forwarding decisions based on MAC addresses?
A technician is dispatched to troubleshoot a slow performance issue on a PC. Upon arrival, the technician immediately opens Task Manager and sees that CPU and RAM performance are within normal ranges. The technician then checks and verifies the speed and duplex settings and performance on the network card. The technician then temporarily disables the antivirus to see if performance is affected, and it is not. After re-enabling the antivirus, which of the following is the NEXT best step for the technician to take?
- Check to see if insufficient hard drive space is causing the issue
- Update the operating system, drivers, and firmware on the PC
- Log into the PC with another user profile and test performance
- Shut down the PC, unplug the power for 30 seconds, and then boot the PC
An office has a network that has all computers connected to two switches. The switches are connected with a fiber cable. The computers and switches are all located in the same building. Which of the following network types does this describe?
Joe, a user, recently purchased a new multifunction printer and attempted to install it himself. He informed a technician that the printer is on his list of printers, but he is unable to print. The technician sees that the printer is listed as a generic printer under Devices and Printers. Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Reboot the computer into safe mode and try to print a test page
- Download the correct drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer and try another USB slot on the PC
- Set the printer as the default within the device properties
A user’s smartphone has been slow recently. A technician sees the phone was purchased two months ago, and it is top of the line. About a month ago, a new OS update was installed. To address the issue, the technician runs a hardware diagnostic on the device, and it reports no problems. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause of the performance issue on the device?
- Too many applications are running updates
- The device is currently running in airplane mode
- The internal memory is failing on the device
- The OS update is too resource intensive for the device
Ann, a user, reports that after setting up a new WAP in her kitchen she is experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. Which of the following should a technician check FIRST?
- Antenna power level
A user connects a laptop to a docking station but is unable to see an image on the external monitor. The user tests the docking station USB ports, and they are working fine. Which of the following should be done NEXT?
- Check for firmware updates
- Configure extended display mode
- Replace the external monitor
- Adjust the laptop’s BIOS settings