Last Updated on July 2, 2021 by InfraExam
220-1001 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1 : Part 09
A customer has two 8GB sticks of 2400-speed DDR4 installed in slots 1 and 2 of a computer and wants to add more RAM. The customer purchases two additional 4GB sticks of 3200-speed DDR4 and installs then in slots 3 and 4. While installing the RAM into the board, the user notices the board has “quad channel” etched near the RAM slots.
Which of the following can be said about the user’s channel configuration after upgrading the RAM?
- The computer is utilizing one channel.
- The computer is utilizing two channels.
- The computer is utilizing three channels.
- The computer is utilizing four channels.
A technician is building a CAD workstation for a user who will be saving files remotely.
Which of the following components are MOST important to include when configuring the system? (Choose two.)
- Gigabit NIC
- Graphics card
- Liquid cooling unit
- HDD size
A technician wants the number of virtual machines hosting a web application in the public cloud environment to scale based on real-time traffic on the website.
Which of the following should the technician configure?
- Resource pooling
- Rapid elasticity
- Measured service
- High availability
A user notices a laser printer is picking up multiple sheets of paper from one of its paper trays. The problem started last week and has gotten worse.
Which of the following is MOST likely the cause of this problem?
- Separation pad
- Feed roller
- Registration roller
- Duplex assembly
A SOHO user wants a multifunction device to be set up for the office printer. Additionally, scanning and fax capability must be set up for office employees only. Guest WiFi access will open.
Which of the following configuration changes will BEST meet the user’s request? (Choose two.)
- Enable user authentication.
- Disable remote printing.
- Configure the print server.
- Enable cloud settings.
- Disable the wireless network.
- Connect to a wired network.
A technician is upgrading a user’s smartphone and wants to move all of the applications and contact information quickly to the new device.
Which of the following connection types would work BEST to do this?
Which of the following would provide power to an access point?
- POE injector
A user notices the system clock is changed every morning. The computer is shut down daily. A technician checks the time zone and finds it is correct, and then checks the BIOS settings and finds the time to be incorrect.
Which of the following is MOST likely the problem?
- The CMOS battery does not have a charge.
- Daylight savings time is not enabled.
- BIOS time is set to Universal Time Coordinated.
- The NTP server has gone offline.
Virtual machines hosted in the cloud that are used by developers to code applications are an example of:
Which of the following server types caches previously visited web pages for faster access in the future?
- Proxy server
- Web hosting server
- DNS server
- Branch cache server
Joe, a user, wants his desktop RAID configured to allow the fastest speed and the most storage capacity. His desktop has three hard drives. Which of the following RAID types should a technician configure to achieve this?
An employee’s laptop will not power on. When the power button is pressed, the power light goes on and then suddenly off. A technician replaces the battery, and the laptop powers on. The employee works without issues until the end of the day, but the laptop presents the same problem the next morning.
Which of the following is the MOST probable cause of the issue?
- Swollen battery
- Damaged AC adapter
- Improperly seated RAM
- Cooling fan failure
- Imminent hard drive failure
A bank employee contacts the help desk for assistance with setting up a new computer. Which of the following peripherals will the technician MOST likely install alongside the device? (Choose two.)
- Magnetic reader
- Signature pad
- Flatbed scanner
- Web camera
- External storage drive
A technician is upgrading the RAM in a server-grade laptop for a company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO cannot afford any downtime.
Which of the following is the BEST type of memory module to purchase?
- Dual channel
A technician manually configured the wireless connection on the Chief Information Officer’s (CIO’s) new laptop so it can communicate with the network at the office. The CIO now is having trouble connecting to a guest WiFi hotspot. While the device has a gateway address and says it is connected, the CIO cannot access company email.
Which of the following would BEST resolve the issue?
- Move the CIO’s laptop closer to the access point to obtain a better RF signal.
- Restart the wireless connection to obtain a self-assigned APIPA address.
- Assign a different IP address to the device in conflict with the CIO’s laptop.
- Set the network connection to use DHCP instead of a static address.
- Change the network’s SSID to a mobile hotspot to access company email.
Which of the following is the type of address a DHCP server assigns on a network?
A user brings a Windows laptop into the office and connects it to a wireless network. Upon connecting to the network, the user is prompted to select whether the network is a home, work, or public network. The user selects the work profile and is able to access the Internet but cannot access office network resources.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
- The user’s network card is malfunctioning.
- The user is connected to the wrong wireless network.
- The user’s firewall is blocking access to the resources.
- The user put in the wrong credentials.
A customer has the LCD display in a laptop replaced. After the repair, the customer notices the laptop is showing a weaker WiFi signal than before the display was replaced.
Which of the following BEST explains the lower WiFi signal?
- The antenna is too close to the screen’s power inverter.
- The new LCD panel is causing interference.
- The digitizer is calibrated improperly.
- The radio antennas are damaged.
A technician sets up a new printer on the network, allowing it to obtain an IP address. The technician records the IP address and sets up users to print using the information. The following Monday after powering on the printer, users report they can no longer print. After verifying users can access other network shares, the technician prints a configuration page and sees the IP address has changed.
Which of the following is the BEST method for the technician to ensure this will not happen again?
- Set up MAC filtering on the switch to ensure the printer gets the same IP.
- Set up the users to print using the newly assigned IP address.
- Create an IP reservation for the printer on the DHCP server.
- Statically assign the current IP address to the printer.
A technician has built a custom workstation for an end user. The end user reports that the workstation ran for a few minutes and then crashed. When the user subsequently boots the workstation, it crashes much more quickly.
Which of the following did the technician forget to do when building the workstation?
- Apply thermal paste.
- Connect the case fans.
- Configure integrated GPU.
- Overclock the CPU.