Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by InfraExam
220-1002 : CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 2 : Part 07
A technician receives a phone call regarding ransomware that has been detected on a PC in a remote office.
Which of the following steps should the technician take FIRST?
- Disconnect the PC from the network
- Perform an antivirus scan
- Run a backup and restore
- Educate the end user
A technician performs a virus cleaning on a computer that has been redirecting all browsers to a phishing website. System Restore was turned off before the cleaning. The technician runs the machine through several scanners, and then tests for redirection. A smaller number of sites are still redirecting to the phishing website. The antivirus software correctly blocks the website.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- Check the contents of the hosts file
- Do a System Restore to a date before the infection
- Rerun the antivirus scan with higher sensitivity
- Rebuild the OS on the machine
A user calls a technician to report issues when logging in to a vendor’s website. The technician is able to log in successfully before going to the office. However, the technician is unable to log in when in the user’s office. The user also informs the technician of strange pop-up notifications.
Which of the following are the MOST likely causes of these issues? (Choose two.)
- System files have been deleted
- Proxy settings are configured improperly
- The OS has been updated recently
- There are disabled services on the vendor website
- Program file permissions have changed recently
- There is a rogue anti-malware program
Which of the following BEST describes the purpose of an ESD mat?
- Protects against accidental static discharge
- Protects against dust/dirt contamination
- Protects against accidental scratches
- Protects against accidental water damage
Which of the following is a reason to use WEP over WPA?
- Device compatibility
- Increased security
- Multifactor authentication
When a user browses to a favorite website on a Windows laptop, a different website opens. A technician installs an additional web browser, but it also opens to the same unfamiliar site. The technician resets the web browser settings back to default, but the issue persists.
Which of the following troubleshooting steps should the technician complete NEXT?
- Change the browser’s home page
- Check the Windows host file
- Update the default web browser
- Restore Windows to a previous date
Which of the following Windows OS technologies is used to store remote data accessed via a WAN connection on local servers for user access?
- Swap partition
- Domain access
- Proxy server
Joe, a user, calls the help desk from a coffee shop while on a business trip to report the WiFi hotspot on his phone is extremely slow. The technician runs a speed test from a laptop connected to the hotspot and gets 200Kbps. Ann, Joe’s coworker with whom he is travelling, also has a hotspot on her phone, and the speed test result on that hotspot is 15Mbps. The technician checks the hotspot settings on Joe’s phone and sees the following:
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
- Joe should be using WEP security on his hotspot for faster throughput
- Someone else is using Joe’s hotspot due to weak password
- Joe’s hotspot gave him an invalid IP address
- Joe is likely in a poor signal area and should try another area
A user who is running Windows 10 logs into a machine and notices that shared drives are missing, the “My Documents” folder is empty, and personal settings are reset.
Which of the following would be required to resolve the issue?
- Remove the registry entry and rename the local account folder
- Delete or rename the local user folder
- Run DISM and re-add the local power user account
- Remove the user account in Credential Manager and restart the PC
A technician accessed a network share from a computer joined to workgroup. The technician logged in as “user1” and directed the computer to save the username and password. Several weeks later, the technician wants to log in to this network share using the administrator account. The computer does not prompt for a username and password, but it automatically logs in to the network share under the “user1” account.
Which of the following would allow the technician to log in using the “administrator” username?
- Use the command: net use Z: \\fileserver\share
- Go to the Sync Center and disable the offline files feature.
- Delete the “user” account for the network share in Credential Manager.
- Join the computer and file server to a domain and delegate administrator rights to “user1”.
- Use the Advanced Sharing options in the Network and Sharing Center and enable “turn on network discovery”.
A technician is attempting to repair a Windows computer that is infected with malware. The machine is quarantined but still cannot boot into a standard desktop.
Which of the following is the most likely NEXT step?
- Disable System Restore.
- Create a restore point.
- Apply system updates.
- Restart into safe mode.
Which of the following user types should be used in a Windows environment to grant Internet access without allowing the permanent storage of files on the system?
- Local Administrator
- Standard User
- Power User
- Guest User
A company has just experienced a data breach that affected all mobile devices.
Which of the following would BEST secure access to user’s mobile devices? (Choose two.)
- Full device encryption
- Remote backup application
- SSO authentication
- Device profiles update
- OS security updates
- Biometric authentication
A technician is troubleshooting a printer issue on a Windows computer and wants to disable the printer to test a theory.
Which of the following should the technician use to accomplish this?
- Devices and Printers
- Sync Center
- Device Manager
- Power Options
A technician logs on to a Linux computer and runs the following command:
ps -aux | grep vi
Which of the following MOST accurately describes the effect of the command?
- It kills any running programs starting with the letters vi.
- It opens a list of directories that start with the letters vi.
- It creates a new file named grep in the current working directory.
- If finds a list of processes running a text editor.
A small office calls a technician to investigate some “invalid certificate” errors from a concerned user. The technician observes that whenever the user attempts to access a secure website from the Windows desktop, this error is encountered. No other users in the office are experiencing this error.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT? (Choose two.)
- Remove any proxy servers configured on the user’s browsers.
- Assist the user with purchasing an SSL certificate and save the certificate to the desktop.
- Disable the SPI firewall on the office’s gateway and any other routers.
- Instruct the user to ignore the certificate error since the user is connecting to a secure website.
- Create an outbound rule in Windows Firewall named after the user’s homepage.
- Run anti-malware scans and download the latest Windows updates.
A technician is investigating an application that has crashed on a workstation. The application is displaying a generic error.
Which of the following tools should the technician use?
- Performance Monitor
- Component Services
- Task Manager
- Event Viewer
Following an incident, an administrator is gathering forensic evidence from a server for a human resources investigation.
Which of the following best practices is MOST important to document throughout the process to maintain integrity of the findings?
- Acceptable use policy violations
- Server configuration
- Chain of custody
- Data loss incidents
A technician is repairing a computer.
Which of the following should the technician do to protect the computer from accidental voltage spikes?
- Practice electrical fire safety.
- Clean tools properly before use.
- Remove any jewelry.
- Connect a proper ESD strap.
Which of the following would MOST likely contain troubleshooting guides?
- Acceptable use policy
- Topology diagram
- Knowledge base
- Incident documentation