Last Updated on July 10, 2021 by InfraExam
CV0-002 : CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) : Part 07
A company is migrating some of its consumer-facing services to a cloud provider. The company has been getting more customers since its competitors have gone bankrupt. Which of the following actions would BEST meet the company’s increased resource needs?
- Increase the company’s network bandwidth to 10Gbps.
- Install additional load balancers.
- Deploy additional web servers to the cloud.
- Deploy a local database within the company’s datacenter.
Company A just acquired Company B and needs to migrate critical applications to Company A’s private cloud infrastructure. Company B’s applications are running on legacy servers and cannot be removed from the current datacenter where they reside. Which of the following migration strategies should the cloud administrator use?
An e-commerce business recently experienced a two-hour outage from its hosted web service provider. According to the SLA, the business needs to determine how much data can be restored. On which of the following service-level components should the business focus?
Ann, the lead product developer for a company, just hired three new developers. Ann asked the cloud administrator to give these developers access to the fileshares in the public cloud environment. Which of the following is the BEST approach for the cloud administrator to take?
- Clone Ann’s account to create three new developer accounts.
- Distribute the credentials of Ann’s shared account to the three new developers.
- Copy the fileshares to each new developer’s laptop.
- Create a new role to access the fileshares and assign the three new developers.
A hospital is leveraging a third-party-hosted, SaaS-based EMRS for all its regional locations. The EMRS will consolidate all existent stand-alone regional systems. All regional systems managers are concerned about the new system availability. Which of the following should the new EMRS architect do to address the manager’s concerns?
- Analyze business requirements and design the new EMRS to run the most popular IaaS provider that meets the health industry’s needs.
- Analyze and communicate to regional managers that dual service providers will be used at all regional locations.
- Analyze business requirements, and design and deploy client-to-site VPN for all regional hospital staff with two-factor authentication or a client certificate.
- Analyze business requirements and deploy the SaaS EMRS within the hospital’s headquarters and create a client-to-site VPN from each region.
A physical server with SSD drives that hosts an IO-intensive database has been migrated into a private cloud to ensure further growth possibilities and accommodate quarterly load spikes (up to 10,000 IOPs). The requirement is to have log partition latency below 5ms and data partition latency below 10ms, irrespective of the load spikes. A cloud administrator has conducted extensive tests after the migration. Which of the following test results would ensure the migration is successful?
A company hosts its server in a public IaaS cloud. The company’s management decides to migrate the servers to a different geographical region that is closer to the user base. A cloud administrator creates a new environment in that geographical region. Which of the following is the BEST way to migrate the VM from the original geographic region to the new region?
- 1. Create a full backup of the VM.
2. Copy the backup files into the new region using FTP.
3. Restore the VM from the backup files.
- 1. Create a VM image.
2. Export the VM image to the new region using vendor’s tools.
3. Deploy a new VM based on the created image.
- 1. Create a VM clone.
2. Copy the clone into the new region using FTP.
3. Apply the network and security groups from the new region to the cloned VM and start it.
- 1. Create a new VM in the new region.
2. Restore a full-system backup from the original VM.
3. Apply the network and security groups from the original region to the new VM.
- 1. Create a full backup of the VM.
A new startup company is growing and wants to deploy a human resources management system on a private cloud that is only accessible to the human resources department. Which of the following is the BEST method of access control?
- Discretionary access control
- Mandatory access control
- Non-discretionary access control
- Comprehensive access control
A Type 1 hypervisor has the following specifications:
CPU 4 socket quad-core
Each VM must have 8GB RAM, 1 vCPU, and 512GB storage. Which of the following is the MAXIMUM number of VMs that can be hosted on this hypervisor?
A cloud provider is increasingly discovering hard-to-find issues within the growing infrastructure. The provider has all the basic necessary tools implemented to collect and store data regarding the environment. To allow the cloud provider to focus on relevant events, which of the following is the MOST appropriate technique to build intelligence?
- Event correlation
- Event collection
- Event alerts
- Event-based workflows
An application server, which uses a SaaS fax provider, is determined to cost too much money. An upgrade to the application allows for use of a physical fax card so the company only has to pay for a phone line. This is a production application; therefore, downtime must be minimized. Which of the following types of migration is MOST efficient in facilitating this application upgrade?
- Virtual-to-physical migration
- Storage migration
- Cloud migration
- Offline migration
Company A has just implemented a SaaS-based cloud storage solution. The SaaS solution provides services for both commercial and personal use. The IT department has been tasked to migrate all the on-premises file shares to the SaaS solution with the username being the corporate email address. The IT department is currently using am IAM solution to provision the accounts in the SaaS solution. Upon execution of the account creation process, the IT department is receiving multiple “unable to create account” alerts. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
- The automation task is misconfigured
- There is a false positive due to lack of testing
- There are compatibility issues between SaaS and IAM
- The user accounts already exist
A company has moved all on-premises workloads into a public cloud. After some time, the cloud engineer starts noticing time drifts on the VMs and suspects an NTP issue. Time drifts were not an issue when all the workloads were on-premises. Which of the following describes how the cloud engineer should resolve the issue?
- Implement Coordinated Universal Time on all workloads
- Point all workloads back to an on-premises NTP server
- Point all workloads to a stratum 2 within the public cloud provider
- Configure all of the VMs as NTP servers within the public cloud provider
A consultant is helping a gaming-as-a-service company set up a new cloud. The company recently bought several graphic card that need to be added to the servers. Which of the following should the consultant suggest as the MOST cost effective?
A company wants to implement a public IaaS solution but also wants to address site resiliency challenges. When selecting an IaaS provider, which of the following should a cloud technician look for within the provider’s capabilities to meet the requirements?
- Bare metal service
- Failure zones
- Backup services
- Dedicated connectivity
A security administrator wants to automate the implementation of network-based ACLs for services deployed within the company VPC. The security administrator is mostly concerned with intra-VPN separation to prevent unauthorized communication between cloud deployed services within the VPC.
Which of the following should the security administrator implement?
- Include a list of the firewall rules in the orchestration script
- Use the cloud API to deploy and configure anti-malware services
- Configure the appropriate IDS rules using the cloud portal
- Write custom scripts to deploy a network ACL between the VPC and the company’s network
A CASB provides the application proxy and web application firewall to a large retailer. All access to the retailer cloud application must originate from the CASB-designated IP addresses. The CASB has known geolocations with known IP addresses. Suddenly, all customers are not able to access the retailer cloud applications. Which of the following is MOST likely the reason for the issue?
- Additional CASB IP addresses were added to the authorized pool
- All of the CASB’s European datacenters are down
- There was federation and SSO misconfiguration
- The CASB’s SSL/TLS certificate expired
A tenant has provisioned a new database server. It needs to add the database files in the exclusion list for security scanning, as it allows down the performance and locks the database file. Which of the following solutions must have this exclusion?
Ann, a technician, is using a saved workflow to deploy virtual servers. The script worked yesterday but is now returning an authentication error. Ann confirms that she can manually log in with her own account and create a virtual server. Which of the following is MOST likely causing the error?
- Certificate misconfiguration
- Account expiration
- Federation issues
- Encryption issues
An upgrade to a web application, which supports 400 users at four sites, is being tested. The application runs on four servers behind a load balancer.
The following test plan is proposed:
Have 50 users from site A connect to server 1
Have 50 users from site B connect to server 2
Have 50 users from site C connect to server 3
Have 50 users from site D connect to server 4
Which of the following parameters is being properly tested by this plan?
- High availability