Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 03
Several users want to share a common folder with high availability. Which of the following devices is BEST to use for this requirement?
- Large USB flash drive connected to a PC
- Medium capacity SATA hard drive
- Network attached storage appliance
- Firewall with security management
Which of the following is a 15-pin video connection?
Which of the following are considered input devices for a computer? (Select TWO).
Which of the following is required to have a multimedia conversation with someone across the Internet? (Select THREE).
- Network connection
- Cable connection
- Wired NIC
Which of the following components is required to send faxes via POTS?
- Power supply
- Wireless adapter
A technician sets up a new computer system and connects the keyboard and mouse to the PS/2 ports. When the computer boots, the BIOS gives a keyboard and mouse error. Both devices are connected. Which of the following is the solution?
- Swap the mouse and keyboard to the other PS/2 ports.
- Remap the mouse and keyboard in the BIOS.
- Update the BIOS to recognize the newer keyboard and mouse.
- Configure the keyboard localization settings.
A user has a username and password to log onto a banking website. The user would like to keep access to the account as secure as possible. Which of the following security best practices should the user follow? (Select TWO).
- Use only public computers to access the website
- Create a complex password
- Change the default password
- Write the password down
- Use the original password
A user, Ann, is experiencing slow browsing on a website she frequently visits that displays constant pop-up ads. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
- The browser is incompatible with the website
- The workstation has been infected with malware
- The website is not secured by SSL
- The certificate of the website has expired
A laptop owner, Ann, can no longer see web pages when she opens her browser, and she can only see her search bars and plug-ins. Which of the following is the MOST likely source of this issue?
- The computer does not have current antivirus software installed
- The computer needs to have its components upgraded
- The downloaded toolbars are filling the browser screen
- The owner was not using complex passwords
Which of the following is the MOST sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and should be shared cautiously and only with trusted resources?
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mother’s maiden name
- Last name
A user will be traveling with a smartphone that contains confidential information. Which of the following should be disabled? (Select TWO).
A technician wants to minimize the risk of having third parties track previously visited web pages. Which of the following should be performed in the Internet browser’s settings? (Select TWO).
- Select form data
- Disable location services
- Remove cookies
- Clear history
- Change passwords
When setting up a new device, there are multiple features available that will never be used. Which of the following should the user do to make the new device more secure?
- Make all users administrators.
- Remove or disable the unnecessary features.
- Install a password manager on the device.
- Make all users guests.
Joe, a user, saves a document to a flash drive on his computer in order to print the document from a public computer kiosk. After returning home and reinserting the flash drive in his computer, the security software identifies an infected file on the flash drive. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the infection?
- The flash drive was infected by a war driving hacker on the way to the public kiosk.
- The public workstation was infected by Joe’s flash drive.
- The public workstation was infected and passed the virus to the flash drive.
- The flash drive was already infected by the user’s computer.
A user is browsing the Internet when suddenly a threatening message appears on screen demanding a payment in order to avoid the system being disabled. Which of the following BEST describes this type of malware infection?
Which of the following is an example of ransomware?
- A user is asked to pay a fee for a password to unlock access to their files.
- A user receives an email demanding payment for a trial application that has stopped working.
- A user has opened an Internet browser and is taken to a site that is not the normal home page.
- A user is asked to open an attachment that verifies the price of an item that was not ordered.
An employee, Joe, forgot his laptop at the airport. Joe is worried about unauthorized access. Which of the following BEST protects against data theft in this instance?
- Security software
- Full disk encryption
- Cable lock
- Username and password
- Patching the OS and third party software
Multiple laptops that contain confidential data are stolen from a company. Which of the following is a likely policy change resulting from this incident?
- Enabling full disk encryption
- Requiring screensaver password
- Disabling Bluetooth adapters
- Adding multifactor authentication
A user receives an email formatted to appear as if the bank sent it. The email explains that the user must confirm the name, address, and social security number listed on the bank account. Which of the following BEST describes the security threat taking place?
- Shoulder surfing
- Social engineering
A user, Ann, is concerned about theft of her laptop and does not want a thief to have easy access to all of her banking and email. Which of the following precautions could be taken to mitigate this issue?
- Only browse the Internet on WiFi connections that use WPA2
- Turn off the guest account in the operating system
- Disable autofill functionality within the web browser
- Remove any legacy browsers from the computer