Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 04
A user is configuring a new wireless router. Which of the following should be done to ensure that unauthorized changes cannot be made?
- Change the SSID
- Change the router’s address
- Change the administrator password
- Change the encryption key
Which of the following would BEST be described as password best practices? (Select THREE).
- Use of long passwords
- Sharing passwords with a trusted source
- Limiting password reuse
- Keeping default passwords
- Use of special characters
- Writing down difficult passwords
A user, Ann, receives a call asking for her password to troubleshoot a problem. Which of the following describes this type of security threat?
- Social engineering
- Physical security
Malware that has an embedded keylogger to capture all of the keystrokes and steal logins is considered:
Which of the following security threats occurs when a user receives an email from an illegitimate source asking for login information?
Which of the following are best practices when it comes to using a computer in a public location? (Select TWO).
- Notify the administrator when finished.
- Use strong passwords.
- Turn off the computer when finished.
- Disable the save password function on web pages.
- Make sure to clean the keyboard when finished.
- Make sure to log out of websites when done.
Joe, a user, wishes to allow his roommate to access his personal computer for Internet browsing, but does not want his roommate to have the ability to make changes to the system. Which of the following BEST describes the type of account Joe should create for his roommate?
- Power user
A user is configuring a SOHO wireless router. The user should change the router’s default administrator password for which of the following reasons?
- To prevent improper data transmission encryption
- To prevent unauthorized configuration changes
- To prevent social engineering attacks
- To increase wireless signal strength
Ann, a user, is doing her daily job on her company laptop at a coffee shop. She opens an Internet browser and tries to go to her home page. Instead, she is sent to an unfamiliar website. She clears all temporary files and deletes the history, but this continues to occur. Which of the following is the cause of the problem?
- The company has configured a policy on her computer that forces her to stay on their website.
- Her computer is infected with adware and is redirecting her browser to another site.
- The memory of the browser is corrupt, and she needs to have the browser reinstalled.
- She did not reboot her computer after clearing the temporary files.
An attacker cracks a user’s password for all social media, email, and bank accounts. The user needs to change the passwords for all these accounts. Which of the following should the user do in the future to prevent this from happening?
- Disable unused browser toolbars.
- Clear the browser cache.
- Avoid credential reuse.
- Delete tracking cookies.
While browsing the Internet, a user receives a warning regarding the display of mixed content. The address bar includes https, and the lock symbol is showing. Which of the following does this warning indicate about the website?
- It stores data in cache or cookies, but not both.
- It requires login credentials for some sections.
- It contains both secure and non-secure parts.
- It is best viewed with a different browser.
A technician is typing the password to logon to a system. A user is standing in close proximity to the technician and is able to see the password being typed. Which of the following BEST describes this situation?
- Dumpster diving
- Shoulder surfing
- Social engineering
Joe, a user, has just installed his first home wireless router. Which of the following tasks should be considered to help secure the unit from any confirmed exploits?
- Change the router administrator username.
- Change the router’s broadcasting channel.
- Update the unit’s firmware.
- Use a complex administrator password.
Which of the following is the BEST security practice to use when configuring the management options of a wireless router?
- Disable DHCP
- Change the admin password
- Enable SSID
- Enable remote administration
When operating under optimal network conditions, which of the following has the HIGHEST reliability?
A user needs to download tax documents from a financial website. Which of the following is the website MOST likely to use for transmission of the tax document to the user’s browser?
Which of the following are secure network protocols? (Select TWO).
Which of the following will allow the easiest and fastest way to share a single file between two modern smartphones without joining the same WiFi network?
- Micro SD card
- USB connection
Which of the following BEST describes the pros and cons of a home wired network?
- Low throughput, low mobility, high availability, high latency, high security
- High throughput, high mobility, low availability, low latency, high security
- High throughput, low mobility, high availability, low latency, high security
- Low throughput, high mobility, low availability, high latency, low security
A technician has just finished setting up a SOHO wireless router but the client does not want the PC on the wireless network for security reasons. The technician connects an RJ-45 cable to the computer and the router, but does not receive network connectivity. Which of the following is the NEXT step to diagnose the problem?
- Change the IP address on the computer to match the router.
- Reseat the power cable on the computer and reboot.
- Check for link light activity on the computer and the router.
- Change the hostname of the router to match the computer’s network.