Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 07
Which of the following should be done to reduce physical safety hazards around a newly installed computer?
- Verify all connections are seated properly.
- Avoid placing other computers nearby.
- Bundle loose cables with zip ties or Velcro straps.
- Attach all peripherals to the computer.
A user with an outdated operating system is consistently browsing sensitive websites such as banking, email, and corporate intranets. The Internet browser of choice is one that has already lost patch support and is not updated anymore. Which of the following actions will remedy this situation?
- Uninstall all unused browser extensions and toolbars to help reduce risks.
- Convert the user’s account to an admin level account, to provide better overall security.
- Move to an alternate browser that still has consistent security update support.
- Install multiple anti-malware and firewall products to harden the computing experience.
Which of the following connectors is MOST often used to connect a computer to a network?
A user is installing a new scanner on a computer. Which of the following MOST likely needs to be installed in order for this equipment to work?
- License key
- OS update
Which of the following software is used to reduce the size of a file or folder?
- Desktop publishing
- Basic database
Which of the following is used with a touch screen to increase accuracy?
- Stylus pen
Which of the following internal components is used for temporary data storage in a workstation?
- Power supply
- Hard drive
Which of the following is used for temporary storage of program data that is cleared when the computer is turned off?
- Hard drive
- System memory
Which of the following connectors supports both high definition video and audio?
Which of the following BEST describes malicious software that demands the end-user pay a fee or face the destruction of their files?
Which of the following should be done to reduce the risk of having sensitive passwords compromised while browsing the Internet?
- Enable software firewalls to block unknown ports
- Disable autofill of forms and passwords
- Enable screensavers and time-outs on the computer
- Use ad-blocking software on the computer
Which of the following would be the MOST efficient way to transport a file from one location on a local hard drive to a different location on the same hard drive?
A student wishes to share contacts with another student’s mobile device. Which of the following would be the easiest method to use?
- Network attached storage
- Bluetooth sharing
- Local hard drive
- Peer-to-Peer network
When setting up a new desktop, which of the following should be performed FIRST?
- Configure user accounts
- Plug in cables
- Install security software
- Configure wireless network settings
A user, Joe, wants to install an application on his computer. Which of the following factors should he be aware of before beginning?
- The computer has the proper hard drive drivers installed.
- The computer is connected to a secure wireless network.
- Check for any updates for the application.
- The computer meets the application’s minimum requirements.
Which of the following applications would a user employ to write a business letter?
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processor
- Desktop publishing
- Presentation software
Which of the following devices transmits and receives printed images over a telephone line?
Which of the following video connections provides the highest resolution?
A user receives an email containing a link. When they hover the mouse over the link, the actual URL does not match the text in the body of the email and appears to be a string of random characters. Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
- Forward the email to a friend to ask for advice.
- Reply to the sender asking for confirmation that it is safe to open.
- Delete the email without clicking on the link.
- Click the link because malware protection software is installed on the computer.
Which of the following is the BEST reason to change a wireless router’s default SSID?
- To make it easier to identify in a location with several routers.
- To make the network feel more personal.
- To make it more difficult to join.
- To make the network secure.