Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 08
A user, Joe, is concerned about the safety of his personal information on a website. Which of the following can Joe look for to ensure that his personal information is not at risk? (Select TWO).
- HTTP on the browser address bar
- Suspicious ads in the browser
- HTTPS on the browser address bar
- A lock symbol on the browser address bar
- The word secure in the browser address bar
Which of the following data connection types provides the HIGHEST mobility?
- Direct link
Which of the following items require ESD precautions?
- Upgrading to a new touch screen monitor
- Adding a micro SD card to a smartphone
- Installing an compact flash card into a laptop
- Replacing RAM in a personal computer
Which of the following are reasons to verify backups? (Select TWO).
- To create a system image for easy restore
- To confirm all selected data was backed up
- To diagnose any backup media hardware failure
- To determine if backup software needs to be patched
- To ensure files can be restored
A user has just removed a new desktop PC from the box and has plugged in several new peripheral devices. During which of the following steps will the plug and play peripheral devices be installed on the new PC?
- Installing security software
- Powering on for the first time
- Booting the operating system
- Adding additional user accounts
Which of the following is the BEST method of sharing files within a department?
- Flash drive
- Network drive
- Instant messaging
When storing a document in the cloud, a user needs to be:
- On a shared drive.
- Using a USB cable.
- Connected to the Internet.
- In airplane mode.
Which of the following device types is needed within a computer to read information on a CD-ROM?
- Network card
- Optical drive
- Video card
- Solid state drive
Which of the following ports can be used to connect an external hard drive to a computer? (Select TWO).
Which of the following is considered an open-source operating system?
- Chrome OS
- Mac OS X
A technician wants to keep a router up to date. Which of the following MUST be updated regularly?
- Administrator password
- Wireless encryption
The extension .rtf is an example of which of the following file types?
Which of the following are examples of video connectors? (Select TWO).
When setting up a new computer, where does a user change the date and time?
- Peripheral configuration
- Localization settings
- Screen resolution
- eSATA settings
A user wants to have the latest security patches and bug fixes installed on a computer. Which of the following is the BEST method to achieve this?
- Configure anti-malware updates
- Manually update before each use
- Update every six months
- Schedule automatic updates
A user is accessing an online bank account for the first time via an Internet browser. Which of the following should the user check? (Select TWO).
- HTTPS before the URL
- Exclamation point on the status bar
- Lock symbol in the address bar
- HTTP before the URL
- Skull/crossbones symbol in the corner
Which of the following CPU cooling types is BEST in a dusty environment?
- Liquid cooling
- Open case
- Case fan
- Heat sink fan
To reduce the risk of installing unapproved or possibly malicious apps on a smartphone, a user should:
- Download apps from a user-supported community.
- Use a search engine to identify safe apps.
- Update the firmware to the latest version.
- Utilize the vendor-provided app store.
Which of the following computer connector types was designed specifically for allowing high-speed external hard drive transfers?
Which of the following is a common way to prevent physical theft of a laptop or workstation?
- Shred any sensitive information to prior to disposal.
- Avoid storing passwords near the computer.
- Practice good awareness skills when entering passwords/PINs.
- Cable and lock device securely attached to a solid object.