Last Updated on July 6, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 12
Joe, a user, gets an email asking him to click a link to update his login information for this bank. He clicks on the link to the website, which looks authentic. The URL shows unusual characters instead of the name of the bank. Which of the following has occurred?
After configuring a new SOHO wireless router, Joe, a user, noticed that he was connected to the wrong access point. Which of the following steps of the configuration process should Joe implement to avoid this scenario in the future?
- Change the default SSID and verify the connection.
- Change the default wireless password.
- Change the router’s administrator password.
- Change the default encryption algorithm and verify the connection.
Joe, a user, wants to back up all the data on his home computers to a safe medium that will survive a house fire. Which of the following if the BEST choice?
- Blu-ray disc
- USB HDD
- FireWire HDD
Which of the following allows users to print to another user’s local printer?
- Network printing
- Bluetooth printing
- Print sharing
- Peer-to-peer sharing
Which of the following allows for an audio and video signal to be sent via a single cable?
Which of the following is used by an email account to receive email?
Which of the following is true about a user wanting to run a 64-bit software program on a 32-bit OS?
- The program cannot run natively on a 32-bit OS.
- The program will run with reduced functionality.
- The program can only run in compatibility mode.
- The program can run only if the computer hardware supports 64-bit.
To ensure that a user is hardening computer resources properly, the user should do which of the following? (Select two.)
- Use one account for all family members.
- Look for open wireless network.
- Recognize suspicious hyperlinks.
- Install and update threat prevention software.
- Use a password-protected screen saver.
- Disable system timeouts.
Which of the following are examples of mobile OSs for cellular services? (Select two.)
- Mac OS X
- Chrome OS
- Windows XP
Which of the following is a type of printing technology commonly used today?
Which of the following connection methods requires line-of-sight to be effective?
- Fiber optics
A technician wants to test a new OS version locally without interfering with a production installation. Which of the following is the BEST technology to use?
- Cloud application software
- Virtualization software
- Telepresence software
- Collaboration software
Which of the following are MOST likely to be configured during the initial setup of an OS on a basic workstation? (Select two.)
- Antivirus settings
- License keys
- Email setup
- Localization settings
- Printer configuration
When logging in to a laptop, which of the following is an example of multifactor authentication?
- Logging on via key fob, password, and fingerprint reader
- Entering an account number, PIN, and password to log in
- A technician using the fingerprint reader and a retina scan
- A user entering a strong password to log in
An employee who is working for a small business would like to prevent shoulder surfing. Which of the following should the employee do?
- Lock the computer.
- Purchase a privacy screen.
- Enable encryption.
- Create a strong password.
A company needs an application that filters unwanted network traffic. Which of the following should be configured?
- Secure sockets layer
- Software firewall
- 128-bit encryption
- Span filter
A user is attempting to open a file and receives a pop-up message stating that the action cannot be accomplished. This is MOST likely a result of which of the following?
- The user is not logged into the system properly.
- The file is a read-only file.
- The user is not granted permission to access the file.
- The file attribute is set to hidden.
Which of the following are basic functions to use when working only with files and folders in an OS? (Select two.)
Which of the following would a user need in order to connect to a public wireless hotspot at a local coffee shop?
- User name
- IP address
- Wireless channel
Ann, a user, is using a mobile device at a local coffee shop where she connects to an open Wi-Fi hotspot. Which of the following is a risk that should be considered while using the hotspot?
- Data is not encrypted.
- Browser history is searchable.
- Passwords are secure.
- Firewall use is not necessary.