Last Updated on July 6, 2021 by InfraExam
FC0-U51 : CompTIA IT Fundamentals : Part 13
A user is installing an operating system. Which of the following should the user do to apply best practices?
- Add enough drivers to support all potential peripherals.
- Install all default applications.
- Avoid installing unnecessary features.
- Enable all features.
Which of the following items need to be disposed of properly to avoid hazardous materials in landfills? (Select two.)
- Aluminum cans
A user installs an expensive new microphone on a desktop. Now, every time the user boots the machine, the speakers give loud feedback. Which of the following caused this issue?
- The CPU is running too hot.
- The wrong audio card is installed.
- The speaker is not compatible with the microphone.
- The microphone is too close to the speaker.
Which of the following storage types has no moving parts?
- Solid state drive
- Hard disk drive
- CD-ROM drive
- DVD drive
A user must create a new password after a security breach was discovered at work. Which of the following is the MOST secure password?
Which of the following can be considered a basic function of a desktop OS?
- Enable hardware alerting and health.
- Provide an environment for software to function.
- Predict the next action a user will take.
- Provide a foundation for device driver design.
Which of the following are common audio file extensions? (Select two.)
A technician is preparing a new company laptop for a staff member. Before the laptop is given to the staff member, which of the following are the MOST important steps to follow when connecting the laptop to the Internet? (Select two.)
- Add browser plugins.
- Create additional user accounts.
- Install the latest operating system updates.
- Adjust the screen resolution.
- Configure security settings.
A user has recently installed a new version of antivirus software on a workstation. Which of the following steps should be taken to reduce the risk of infection?
- Enable OS automatic updates.
- Update browser extensions.
- Update the definitions.
- Enable the pop-up blocker.
Which of the following describes sleep mode for a computer?
- No energy usage with session data stored in RAM
- Low energy usage with session data stored in RAM
- Low energy usage with session data stored on the HDD\SSD
- No energy usage with session data stored on the HDD\SSD
A user wants to securely back up data for recovery in case of a natural disaster. Which of the following is the BEST solution? (Select two.)
- Back up to a NAS on-site.
- Back up to tape and send off-site.
- Use cloud-based backup.
- Encrypt all backup copies.
- Keep backup copies on multiple hard drives.
A technician needs to connect a user’s computer to the network. Which of the following device types would the technician install?
- Ethernet card
- Graphics card
Which of the following is the primary purpose of a computer’s case fan?
- To cool the user in warm environments
- To cool the CPU
- To cool the video card
- To enhance airflow through the case
Ann and Joe, both users, share the same computer. They both log on using the same account. Ann is concerned that Joe may review her Internet activity. Which of the following can be implemented to prevent both users from reviewing each other’s Internet activity?
- Encrypt the computer’s hard drive.
- Each user should use a different browser type.
- Use a password to protect the shared account.
- Configure the browser to clear history upon exit.
Which of the following are the FASTEST ways to send a copy of a physical document to a remote user? (Select two.)
- Scan and email a copy of the document.
- Use document transcription software.
- Retype the document on the user’s computer.
- Fax a copy of the document to the user.
- Copy and mail the document to the user.
Which of the following devices may be required for video conferencing? (Select three.)
- Touch screen
- DVD drive
Ann, a user, has a new laptop and is unable to print using her old printer. She verified that the printer has connectivity to the laptop. Which of the following should Ann check NEXT?
- Printer manufacturer’s website
- BIOS settings
- Laptop vendor’s website
- Power card
Which of the following requires user interaction in order to spread?
Which of the following are good practices to follow when creating a password? (Select two.)
- Use personal identifiable information.
- Use the same password on multiple systems.
- Use a phrase that is easy to remember.
- Use mixed case letters.
- Use special characters.
Which of the following is used for long-term data storage?