Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 13
NS – Modules 20 – 22
Ann, a new employee within a department, cannot print to any of the printers in the department or access any of the resources that others can. However, she can access the Internet. The network engineer has confirmed that Ann’s account has been set up the same as the others. There are no access lists restricting Ann’s access. Which of the following could be the issue for this lack of access?
- Duplex/speed mismatch
- VLAN mismatch
- DNS server issue
- DHCP server issue
- Spanning tree blocked ports
A technician is configuring a printer for a client. The technician connects the printer to the network, but is unsure how to determine its switchport. Which of the following should the technician do FIRST to locate the switchport?
- Perform a DNS lookup on the server.
- Set up an SSH session to the desktop.
- Reference the ARP table in the router.
- Configure port security on the switch.
A router is set up to utilize RIPv2 to route traffic throughout the network. Which of the following routing metrics is used to determine the path?
- Hop count
A second router was installed on a network to be used as a backup for the primary router that works as a gateway. The infrastructure team does not want to change the IP address of the gateway on the devices. Which of the following network components should be used in this scenario?
- Loopback IP
- Virtual IP
- Reserved IP
- Public IP
Which of the following can be done to implement network device hardening? (Choose two.)
- Implement spanning tree
- Perform VLAN hopping
- Patch and update
- Perform backups
- Enable port mirroring
- Change default admin password
A critical vulnerability is discovered on a network device. The vendor states it has already patched this vulnerability in its current release. Which of the following actions should an administrator take?
- Change the default password
- Use a firewall in front of the device.
- Update the firmware.
- Upgrade the configuration.
A technician has been alerted of incoming HTTP traffic on the LAN segment that should not contain any web servers. The technician has the IP address of the destination host and wants to determine if the socket for HTTP is open. Which of the following should the technician perform?
- Baseline assessment
- Packet analysis
- Port scan
- Patch-level assessment
Which of the following creates a secure remote connection at the OSI network layer?
A network technician has salvaged several Ethernet cables from a datacenter. The technician attempts to use the cables to connect desktops to the network without success. Which of the following is MOST likely the issue?
- The cables have an incorrect pin-out.
- The cables are UTP instead of STP.
- The cables are Cat 6 instead of Cat 5.
- The cables are not plenum rated.
A company decides to deploy customer-facing, touch-screen kiosks. The kiosks appear to have several open source service ports that could potentially become compromised. Which of the following is the MOST effective way to protect the kiosks?
- Install an IDS to monitor all traffic to and from the kiosks.
- Install honeypots on the network to detect and analyze potential kiosk attacks before they occur.
- Enable switchport security on the ports to which the kiosks are connected to prevent network-level attacks.
- Create a new network segment with ACLs, limiting kiosks’ traffic with the internal network.
While working on a Linux-based OS, a technician experiences an issue accessing some servers and some sites by name. Which of the following command-line tools should the technician use to assist in troubleshooting?
A network administrator has had difficulty keeping track of IP address assignments on networking devices and clients recently. Which of the following is the BEST technology to aid in this scenario?
A technician is surveying a college’s network equipment rooms and connectivity. Which of the following types of documentation does the technician need to perform a detailed site survey? (Choose three.)
- IDF/MDF documentation.
- Cable run label documentation.
- Network configuration documentation.
- Performance baseline documentation.
- Standard operating procedure documentation.
- Change management documentation.
- Rack diagram documentation.
A technician is connecting a PC to a switchport. At the wiring closet, the technician is unable to identify which cable goes from patch panel A connected to the switch to patch panel B connected to the PC. Which of the following tools should the technician use to resolve the issue?
- Cable tester
- Tone generator
A technician wants to deploy a network that will require wireless client devices to prompt for a username and password before granting access to the wireless network. Which of the following must be configured to implement this solution?
Which of the following protocols are classified as connectionless? (Choose two.)
Users in a school lab are reporting slow connections to the servers and the Internet. Other users in the school have no issues. The lab has 25 computers and is connected with a single 1Gb Ethernet connection on Cat 5e wiring to an unmanaged switch. There are also three spare Cat 5e cable runs, which are not in use. The school wants to double the connection speed between the lab and the servers without running new cables. Which of the following would be the BEST solution?
- Plug in a second spare cable at each end to double the speed.
- Replace the switches with ones that utilize port bonding and use the spare cables.
- Replace the switches with 10Gb switches and utilize the existing cabling.
- Plug in a second cable and set one port to TX and one port to RX.
A technician is downloading an ISO from a vendor’s website. To ensure the integrity of the download, which of the following should be verified?
- File size
- Vendor URL
- File hashing
An administrator wants to implement an additional authentication factor to the remote SSH servers. Which of the following accomplishes this goal with the principle of “something you have”?
A junior technician is setting up a voice control device so the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be able to control various things in the office. Of which of the following types of IoT technologies is this an example?