Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 16
NS – Modules 20 – 22
A network technician is troubleshooting a problem with a user’s client-to-site VPN connection. The user is unable to establish a connection to the server, but the error message that appears on screen does not contain useful information. Which of the following should the technician do NEXT to troubleshoot the issue?
- Reconfigure the user’s VPN connection in the router to fix profile corruption.
- Inform the user that provisioning sometimes fails and the connection needs to be attempted again.
- Review the logs in the VPN client to check for any informational messages.
- Verify the system has the latest OS patches installed.
Management requires remote access to network devices when the ISP is down. Which of the following devices would provide the BEST solution?
A network technician installed a new host on the network. The host is not connecting to the company’s cloud servers. The technician attempts to ping a server using the IP address with no success. Checking the IP address using ipconfing displays:
Which of the following should the technician perform NEXT to determine where the issue is located?
- Modify the default gateway address and ping the server to test connectivity.
- Change the DNS servers to be on the same subnet as the host.
- Modify the router’s ACL to allow port 80 to exit the network.
- Perform a tracert command to locate where the packet is dropped.
A network technician is performing a firmware upgrade on a switch. The firmware needs to be downloaded to the device. Which of the following methods should the technician use to retrieve the updated firmware?
A network technician is assisting a user who is experiencing connectivity problems with the VPN. The technician has confirmed the VPN is functioning and other users at the site cannot access the Internet. Which of the following commands would MOST likely be used to further troubleshoot?
Which of the following MUST be installed on an employee’s computer if the remote access VPN implements an SSL VPN with PKI authentication?
- Shared secret
- HTTPS server
- Soft token
- Private certificate
Which of the following default ports should be opened on a firewall to allow for SSH and Telnet? (Choose two.)
Two computers are connected to a multilayer switch, and both can access the corporate file server. The computers cannot talk to one another. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
- Duplex/speed mismatch
- ACL misconfiguration
- Bad port
A user calls the help desk for assistance with setting up a new SOHO router. The user has three employees who all have laptops that need to connect to the wireless network. The users need to have firewall rules allowing access to an internal server, but cannot be configured with static IP addresses. Which of the following BEST describes what the technician should implement?
- CNAME record in the users’ dynamic DNS accounts
- Additional lease time for the laptop computers
- IP helper relay system for configuration hops
- DHCP reservation for the laptops’ MACs
A home user is unable to get to the Internet from a workstation that is connected to a wireless network. When reviewing the results of the ipconfig command, the user wants to verity the default gateway is correct. Which of the following devices should be the gateway?
- Cable modem
- SOHO router
- DNS server
- Layer 2 switch
A technician is troubleshooting intermittent connectivity on a line-of-sight wireless bridge. Which of the following tools should the technician use to determine the cause of the packet loss?
- Spectrum analyzer
- Packet sniffer
Which of the following should be configured to allow for IP-to-name resolutions?
When configuring a new switch in a packet-switched network, which of the following helps protect against network loops?
- Spanning tree
- Flood guard
- BPDU guard
- DHCP snooping
A company has just installed a new cloud VoIP solution; however, users occasionally report poor call quality or dead air being present. Which of the following describes the NEXT troubleshooting step the technician should take?
- The technician should check the internal diagnostics on all the phones to look for a common thread.
- The technician should reset all the phones and reprovision information from the provider
- The technician should use a packet tracer to see if the traffic is getting out of the network
- The technician should run ping tests on the Internet line to monitor for packet loss and latency
A network technician needs to configure a device with an embedded OS so it can be connected to a wireless handheld scanner. Which of the following technologies should be configured on the OS to create the wireless connection?
- Partial mesh
- Ad hoc
An NGFW alerts that a web server in the DMZ is sending suspicious traffic. A network administrator finds that port 25 is open, and the traffic is originating from this port. The only purpose of this server is to deliver website traffic. Which of the following should the network administrator recommend to the systems administrator?
- Disable Telnet service on the server.
- Disable DHCP service on the server.
- Disable the SMTP service on the server
- Disable FTP service on the server.
Joe, a network technician, wants to locally back up several router and switch configurations. He wants to store them on a server that can be accessed easily for recovery without authentication. Which of the following servers should Joe use?
According to the troubleshooting methodology, which of the following steps will help a technician gather information about a network problem? (Choose two.)
- Test solutions.
- Duplicate the problem
- Establish a theory of probable cause
- Question users
- Implement preventive measures.
- Document findings
A user reports network resources can no longer be accessed. The PC reports a link but will only accept static IP addresses. The technician pings other devices on the subnet, but the PC displays the message Destination unreachable. Which of the following are MOST likely the causes of this issue? (Choose two.)
- Damaged cables
- Bent pins
- TX/RX reverse
- VLAN mismatch
- Duplex mismatch
While testing an ACL on the default gateway router to allow only web browsing, ports TCP 80 and TCP 443 were the only ports open. When tested, no websites were accessible via their URLs inside the network. Which of the following configurations should be added to the ACL?
permit tcp any any eq 20
permit udp any any eq 25
permit udp any any eq 53
permit udp any any eq 68
permit tcp any any eq 110
permit tcp any any eq 8080