Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 23
NS – Modules 20 – 22
A network support specialist is setting up wireless networks for several small companies that are leasing adjacent spaces in an office building. The network support specialist has already configured an access point for each office with WPA2-AES encryption and minimized any overlap of the wireless channels. Several of the companies have expressed concerns about performance and security issues due to the high volume of wireless networks being installed in close proximity.
Which of the following actions will BEST mitigate the companies’ concerns?
- Reduce the TX power on each access point.
- Enable MAC address filtering on each access point.
- Disable the SSID broadcast on each access point.
- Enable AP isolation on each access point.
A network technician receives a trouble ticket and speaks to the user who is experiencing the issues with the application. Which of the following should the technician perform NEXT?
- Gather information.
- Determine the symptoms.
- Establish a plan of action.
- Document the findings
A company wants to implement a wireless infrastructure on its campus to meet the needs of its BYOD initiative. The company has users with legacy devices and wants to accommodate them while delivering speed to other users who have modern systems.
Which of the following standards BEST fits these requirements?
Joe, a technician, is attempting to resolve an issue with an off-site router remotely. Joe needs to reset the WAN connection settings and wants to ensure he will have access to the router at all times to monitor the changes.
Which of the following solutions would BEST meet this goal?
- Use a secure SSH connection over the WAN link.
- Telnet into the router over the company VPN.
- Implement a modem on the AUX port.
- Configure a DSL router to the console port.
To achieve a more efficient and secure work environment, a company needs a way to control what is being accessed on the Internet using corporate resources. Which of the following devices should be used to accomplish this task? (Choose two.)
- Proxy server
- Load balancer
- Content filter
- VPN concentrator
The network support team is responsible for managing connections in a large, multipurpose venue where maintaining physical security is difficult. Implementing which of the following standards would BEST help to prevent unauthorized connections to the wired network?
A utility company has installed a wireless device at a residence that allows the company to view power consumption online. The resident reports the 802.11ac home wireless intermittently loses connectivity for about 15 minutes twice a day.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
- The utility company throttles power during peak hours.
- There is additional data being transferred over the wireless network.
- There is interference with the smart reader.
- An IoT device is causing a DoS attack on the wireless network.
A technician has been asked to install biometric controls at the entrance of a new datacenter. Which of the following would be appropriate authentication methods to meet this requirement? (Choose two.)
- Badge reader
- Retina scanner
- Random number-generating token
- Device proximity sensor
- Challenge question
- Combination lock
- Fingerprint reader
Two buildings used to be connected by a wireless bridge, but they are upgrading to fiber. Which of the following new devices would be required at the demarcation points?
- Wireless access point
- Media converter
A company is expanding and building a new remote branch office. Marketing will need 78 IP addresses, finance will need 150 IP addresses, legal will need 39 IP addresses, and R&D will need 12 IP addresses. The network administrator gives the technician a network of 172.16.48.0/23 and wants the technician to use VLSM for the design. Which of the following are possible solutions? (Choose three.)
- The marketing department should receive a /25 network.
- The R&D department should have 172.16.49.207 as a broadcast address.
- The R&D department should receive a /27 network.
- The finance department should have 172.16.49.127 as a broadcast address.
- The marketing department should have usable IPs ranging from 172.16.49.129 to 172.16.49.190.
- The legal department should have a first usable IP address of 172.16.49.190
- The legal department should have usable IPs ranging from 172.16.49.129 to 172.16.49.190.
- The R&D department should have a last usable IP address of 172.16.49.190.
After several changes to the network, a technician needs to ensure a client is checking for new hostname and IP pairings. Which of the following commands should the technician use to force new lookups?
A network technician is setting up a WiFi network in a multi-tenant building. When trying to determine the best channel, which of the following is the BEST tool to use?
- Protocol analyzer
- Tone generator
- Spectrum analyzer
Due to regulatory requirements, a college bookstore prohibits customers from accessing the wireless network in the building. Which of the following would be the BEST method to prevent customers from accessing the wireless network while in the bookstore?
- Use MAC filtering for authorization to the wireless network.
- Require PEAP for authentication to the wireless network.
- Implement a Faraday cage within the bookstore premises.
- Require a pre-shared key for authentication to the wireless network.
A network technician sets up a new schedule on the backup server. Management has informed the technician that a full backup does not need to be completed every day. The technician sets up weekly full backups. Which of the following should the technician configure for the remaining days to MINIMIZE the daily backup size?
Which of the following network topologies typically has all devices on a network directly connected to every other network device?
- Ad hoc
A technician wants to set an IP address to a specific MAC address on a host machine. Which of the following commands should the technician use?
A network technician is designing a network cable upgrade in a newly acquired office space. The IT manager wants to install a standardized twisted pair cable solution that supports speeds up to 1 Gbps and terminates with a standard RJ45 connector. Which of the following cable types should the technician suggest?
- Cat 3
- Cat 5
- Cat 6
Which of the following policies would be the MOST useful for defining the proper procedures when an employee is terminated abruptly?
- Remote access
- Incident response
A technician wants to have the ability to transfer files from home to the company’s network on a regular basis. Which of the following is a remote access protocol the technician can utilize to bypass interactive user authentication by using a list of known host public keys?
A company runs Linux servers in its own datacenter and also on a popular public cloud service provider. The servers hosted by the cloud provider can only be accessed with proper authorization and are only accessed by the company’s datacenter. Which of the following BEST describes the type of cloud architecture being used? (Choose two.)