Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 28
NS – Modules 20 – 22
A technician is installing a SOHO router. Which of the following should be performed on every installation and periodically maintained to prevent unauthorized access? (Choose two.)
- Disable remote management
- Update the router firmware
- Disable port forwarding
- Use complex passwords
- Disable the SSID broadcast
A network analyst is providing access to an FTP server that stores files that are needed by external contractors who are working on a project. In which of the following network locations should the FTP server be placed to achieve the MOST secure environment?
- DMZ network
- Server network
- External network
- Internal network
A company is contracting a new third-party organization that will handle storage of the company’s critical data. Which of the following policies would ensure the data remains confidential?
A technician must install and configure a network device in a building with 20 classrooms. Each room must be on a separate subnet and should not be able to see traffic from other subnets. Which of the following is the MOST cost-effective solution?
- A switch with VLANs created for each segment
- A router with interfaces connected to a switch in each room
- A VoIP endpoint connected to a hub for each network
- A firewall with DHCP pools for each subnet
Which of the following WAN transmission mediums is the fastest and can travel the longest distance?
The process of grouping network interfaces together to increase throughput is called:
- VLAN tagging
- load balancing
- port aggregation
- fault tolerance
Which of the following is used to purposely attack a system to exploit vulnerabilities?
- Vulnerability scan
- Device hardening
- Penetration testing
A network technician is adding a 10/100 switch with RJ45 connectors to the company network to accommodate new computers being added to a network segment. There is no auto-MDIX port on the switch that needs to be connected to the existing switch on the segment. Which of the following should the technician use to make the connection?
- An RG-59 cable with BNC connectors
- A multi-mode fiber cable
- A straight-through Cat5 UTP cable
- A cable with TIA/EIA 568a and 568b on each end
A company must create a way for partners to access a web portal to update documents for a project. This should be done only via web browser in a transparent way for the users. Which of the following should be used?
- Site-to-site connection
- SSL VPN
- GRE tunnel
A network technician needs to install the latest firmware on the switch to address a recently discovered vulnerability. Which of the following should the technician do to have a rollback plan in case of issues with the new firmware? (Choose two.)
- Label the switch with IP address and firmware version
- Draw the switchport diagram
- Create a change management document
- Draw the network rack logical diagram
- Confirm standard operating procedures documentation
- Create a performance baseline of the switch
Which of the following statements about the OSI model is true?
- The application layer does not need to know what type of network is being used because that is dealt with by a layer below it.
- The network layer deals with the network cabling and network device interface compatibility.
- The transport layer deals with how the data is transported from one router to another based on the IP header.
- The model consists of four layers that describe the requirements a technician follows to troubleshoot and support a network.
Which of the following storage connection types should be used to allow the consolidation of the physical connections for SAN and LAN in just one Layer 2 protocol?
- Fibre Channel
A network administrator is securing the wireless network in a multitenant building. The network uses a passphrase for authentication so it is easy to allow guests onto the wireless network, but management would like to prevent users from outside the office space from accessing the network. Which of the following security mechanisms would BEST meet this requirement?
- MAC filtering
A technician is asked to provide centralized SSID management across the entire WAN. The BEST solution would be to:
- use a configuration management server
- configure a multilayer switch
- install a wireless controller
- use a proxy server
A network technician is coordinating the upgrade of the company’s WAP firmware with all the remote locations. The company has occasionally experienced errors when transferring large files to some of the remote offices. Which of the following should be used to ensure files arrive without modifications?
- File hash
A network administrator needs to implement a new IP subnet containing 29 hosts. It is possible that the number of hosts in that subnet could eventually double. The company only has a single, unused public IP network left to work with: 126.96.36.199/24. Which of the following would be the BEST way to divide this network without wasting addresses?
A network technician is reviewing the company phone system to make the necessary changes to a firewall configuration. Which of the following protocols are used in VoIP communication? (Choose two.)
A school is implementing a wireless network and wants to ensure there is adequate coverage. The gymnasium has thick cinder-block walls, and there are several offices adjacent to it. Which of the following should the network technician recommend to ensure full coverage while minimizing the total number of APs purchased?
- Deploy two APs to the gymnasium with the maximum power level transmitting to cover the adjacent offices.
- Deploy a single AP to each adjacent office set to transmit at maximum power.
- Use a high-gain antenna on the AP in the gymnasium and install an AP in every other adjacent office.
- Use a spectrum analyzer to generate a heat map of the gymnasium to pinpoint AP placement.
Which of the following BEST describe the differences between an IDS and an IPS? (Choose two.)
- An IDS will detect traffic anomalies and a predefined signature pattern, alert and log them, and allow them through the network.
- An IDS will detect traffic anomalies, alert and log them, and block the traffic.
- An IDS will detect previously unknown traffic anomalies, alert and log them, and block the traffic.
- An IPS will detect traffic anomalies, alert and log them, and allow them through the network.
- An IPS will detect previously unknown traffic signatures, and alert and log them.
- An IPS will detect traffic anomalies and a predefined signature pattern, alert and log them, and block the traffic.
A technician is required to install a new DOCSIS-based Internet connection. Which of the following medium types does this use?
- Single mode