Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 32
NS – Modules 20 – 22
A network technician is supporting a library system that wants to streamline the checkout of books and media. Which of the following technologies will the technician MOST likely use to facilitate this initiative?
A switch vendor recently released a patch to fix a critical vulnerability found in its switch OS. Which of the following should a network administrator do NEXT according to best practices?
- Test the patch in a test environment.
- Put the patch into production immediately.
- Put the patch into production with a rollback plan.
- Choose a single production switch and pilot the patch.
- Put the patch into production at the next maintenance window.
Which of the following services describes a distribution model in which applications are hosted by a service provider and made available to users?
A company requires a network storage solution that allows for the use of OS-specific credentials and permissions. The company purchases a SOHO solution, which includes support for SMB, iSCSI, FTP, Telnet, and NFS natively out of the box. Which of the following should be done FIRST?
- Verify user credentials.
- Generate new keys and certificates.
- Disable unnecessary services.
- Hash files that will be stored.
A company’s receptionist hands out slips of paper with access codes to visitors each day. A recent internal audit revealed the current method of guest access needs to be improved. Which of the following would improve the security of the guest network?
- Implement WPA2-PSK.
- Implement a captive portal.
- Implement certificate-based 802.1X.
- Implement MAC filtering.
A consulting company was hired to project and deploy a new datacenter in a different city. This new facility must have the same components installed as the current datacenter to be ready to take over all the network services as soon as the primary site becomes unavailable. Which of the following describes what will be deployed in the new location?
- Cold site
- Hot site
- Warm site
- Off-site backup
- Infrastructure as a service
A network administrator has configured the network on each floor of a four-story building to have the following different subnets: 10.0.10.0/24, 127.0.0.0/24, 172.16.0.0/24, and 192.168.255.0/24. After implementing these networks, the administrator realizes there has been a mistake. Which of the following BEST describes the mistake?
- 10.0.10.0/24 is not valid because 0 in the second octet cannot be used in the network portion of the IP address.
- 127.0.0.0/24 is the reserved loopback network and cannot be used for host networks.
- 172.16.0.0/24 is the reserved multicast network and cannot be used for host networks.
- 192.168.255.0/24 is not valid because 255 in the third octet cannot be used in the network portion of the IP address.
A company is redesigning its office to remove the divider walls between desks and create an open collaboration area. All network cables are run through the divider walls, and a new wireless network will be installed. Which of the following sets of documents will need to be revised based on the new configuration?
- Standard operating procedures and rack diagrams.
- Inventory management forms and MDF inventory forms
- Work instructions and performance baselines
- Physical network layout and port locations
Given the table below:
Which of the following addresses can Host E send a packet to that will reach Hosts C and D, but not Hosts A and B?
A senior technician is reconfiguring the company’s firewall because a number of additional devices have been added to the network. The company has acquired a new VoIP phone system, and a group of junior technicians has set up an experimental lab with access to the Internet. Management has given the team latitude for research and development, but would like the company network to be secure and the performance to remain consistent with existing baselines. Which of the following would be the BEST method to reconfigure the network?
- The technician should put the junior team’s lab in a VLAN and the phone system in the DMZ.
- The technician should put the junior team’s lab in a DMZ and the phone system in a VLAN.
- The technician should put the junior team’s lab in the LAN and the phone system in the WAN.
- The technician should put the junior team’s lab in the WAN and the phone system in a WLAN
A network technician discovers there is no connectivity on a T1 line even though the cable connection appears to be in place. The router shows there is no active connection on the port. The issue is occurring between the demarcation point and the router port. The router cable tests fine and is terminated at the demarcation panel. Which of the following tools should be used to fix the issue?
- Punchdown tool
- Loopback adapter
Which of the following properties should be configured to extend logical network separation on an uplink interface to a second switch?
- 802.1Q trunking
- Multiple untagged ports
- Port mirroring
- Management VLAN
A new datacenter is being created, and management is trying to control access to that area. Which of the following are the BEST choices for providing access to the new datacenter? (Choose two.)
- Captive portal
- Wireless IP camera
- Key fob
- Private key infrastructure
- Access control list
A network technician is capturing packets on the network and notices a UDP packet stream from a phone to the PBX system. The payload of the packet shows the phone downloaded the file cm7910-sccp-load-2995.xml. Which of the following protocols was MOST likely used to download this file?
A server administrator is building an email server. To protect the corporate/internal network from external users, the email server should be placed:
- on the intranet.
- in a subnet isolated from the internal network.
- on the company LAN segment.
- in the DMZ.
A security manager asks the network administrator to block VoIP protocols using the default ports on the corporate firewall. Which of the following ports should be blocked to prevent this type of traffic from going outside the company’s network? (Choose three.)
When connecting to a network device through a remote connection for configuration purposes, which of the following protocols is MOST secure?
A network technician is helping an end user who is working on a spreadsheet for a very important client. The client can see the file on the remote share but is not able to open the document to print it. This issue is associated with which of the following OSI layers?
- Layer 2
- Layer 3
- Layer 6
- Layer 7
A network device compares a computed value of its major software components against a stored value. While the network device is loading, the device halts and alerts the administrator that the values are different. Which of the following is the name of the value in use, and what does this process provide? (Choose two.)
- A snapshot
- A hash
- A password service
- A key
- Provides authentication
- Provides integrity
- Provides confidentiality
- Provides availability
A flood disables the equipment in a company’s server room. When implementing the disaster recovery plan, all operations are immediately transitioned to another location with momentary downtime. This is an example of a:
- warm site.
- cold site.
- hot site.