Last Updated on July 10, 2021 by InfraExam
N10-007 : CompTIA Network+ : Part 37
NS – Modules 20 – 22
A network administrator it concerned about the management traffic between a machine and the corporate router. Which of the following protocols should the administrator use to prevent a security breach?
Which of the following BEST describes a VLAN hopping attack?
- An attacker gains unauthorized access to a network by overflowing the CAM table.
- An attacker gains unauthorized access to a network by placing a rogue AP on the network.
- An attacker gains unauthorized access to a network by using double-tagged packets.
- An attacker gains unauthorized access to a network by scanning and mapping it.
A vendor has installed new wireless access points in an office. After completing the installation, users in one area of the office report they cannot connect to the wireless network. A network technician confirms the users in that area cannot see the wireless SSID. Which of the following MOST likely explains the issue?
- The AP power levels are too low.
- The wireless network is over capacity.
- A directional antenna was installed incorrectly.
- The channels are overlapping.
A switch at a remote site suddenly appears to be inaccessible. No configuration changes were made. An engineer confirms with the office attendant that the switch is powered on, and there are LEDs showing green and amber colors. However, the SFP for the fiber connection from the switch to the router shows no lighted LED. After replacing the cable and SFP with new ones, the LED still does not light up, and no connection is made. Which of the following is the MOST likely issue?
- Disabled port
- Electromagnetic interference
- Incorrect gateway
- Hardware failure
- Wrong cable type
- Unresponsive service
A wireless administrator has configured a secure wireless network that can only be associated to specific domain accounts. This was done to help mitigate any ricks associated with the wireless signal propagating outside of the facility. Which of the following has no administrator implemented?
- Implicit deny
A SaaS provider has decided to leave an unpatched VM available via a public DMZ port. With which of the following concepts is this technique MOST closely associated?
- Insider threat
- War driving
- Evil twin
A network administrator is setting up several IoT devices on a new VLAN and wants to accomplish the following:
1. Reduce manual configuration on each system.
2. Assign a specific IP address to each system.
3. Allow devices to move to different switchports on the same VLAN.
Which of the following should the network administrator do to accomplish these requirements?
- Set up a reservation for each device.
- Configure a static IP on each device.
- Implement private VLANs for each device.
- Use DHCP exclusions to address each device.
A company needs to create a new website for the delivery of secure content to and from specific customers. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) states as a requirement the creation of a secure connection between the client’s machine and the website every time the content is accessed. This should be accomplished without requiring the installation of any client software. Which of the following should be used in this scenario?
- Site-to-site VPN
Joe, an ex-employee from accounting, changed the configurations on several network devices on his last day of work. Which of the following is the MOST likely reason a non-IT employee was able to gain access to network devices?
- Left virtual ports op
- Allowed unsecure protocols
- Left default passwords
- Allowed unnecessary services
Which of the following protocols is used during web browsing to resolve website names?
A company plans to deploy a web server securely on the network to be accessible from the Internet. In which of the following locations should the web server be placed?
A site was hit with ransomware on two occasions in the past month. Which of the following would be the BEST solution for a technician who wants to reduce this frequency?
- Proxy server
- UTM appliance
- RADIUS server
- Content filter
Which of the following components should be used to provide interconnectivity between virtual machines in distinct broadcast domains inside the hypervisor’s environment?
- Virtual router
- Virtual switch
- Virtual NIC
- Virtual SAN
A network technician is connecting medical monitoring devices on a personal area network for patients’ phones. Which of the following technologies should be used?
A network engineer needs to connect two network switches with a gigabit link. The proposed route to run the 164ft (50m) cable is directly underneath a large electrical generator. Which of the following cable types would BEST fit the needs of the network engineer?
- Cat 5 plenum
Which of the following BEST explains why a firewall would be subject to international export controls?
- Protected industry
- IP version incompatibility
- Differing power standards
- Encryption technology
Two buildings are connected with 802.11a wireless bridges using omnidirectional antennas. However, the connection between the two bridges often drops. Which of the following would be the BEST solution?
- Change the antennas to unidirectional.
- Conduct a site survey to identify sources of noise.
- Add a second wireless bridge at each building.
- Change the bridges to use 802.11g.
A network technician is installing a wireless network for a small medical office. The doctors need to download high resolution x-rays quickly with minimal latency. Which of the following technologies should be utilized?
A network technician is troubleshooting a PC that cannot access the Internet. However, the PC responds to ICMP echo requests from the same subset. Which of the following is the MOST likely reason the PC cannot communicate externally?
- The loopback address is being used.
- The default gateway is incorrect.
- The PC does not have an IP reservation.
- The virtual IP has not been configured.
A technician is dispatched to replace an access point that has failed. The device is preconfigured with the correct SSID and passphrase. When the user tries to connect to the SSID, the connection fails. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the issue?
- Channel overlap
- Distance limitations
- Security type mismatch