Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by InfraExam
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 02
During the initiation phase, a project manager has asked for a document containing the high-level objectives and goals for a project.
Which of the following documents would contain these items?
- Business case
- Requirements document
- Project timeline
- Task plan
A team lead informs the project manager that the datacenter will not be accessible when the project needs to be completed. The team lead also indicates that the team member who is assigned to complete the datacenter project is out on medical leave.
Which of the following should a project manager update to document this information?
- A list of realized risks
- A list of decomposed activities
- A sequenced list of project tasks
- A document describing agreed-upon communication methods
The executive sponsor asks a project manager to summarize the following for a project:
1. Final capital expenditures.
2. Anticipated cost of new employee resources to support the solution.
3. Maintenance estimates.
Which of the following information should the project manager provide?
- Cost baseline
- Burn rate
- Cost variance report
- Total project cost
Which of the following defines a group of projects that work together to achieve a common goal?
- Project plan
A company hires an outside vendor to provide 24/7 support.
Which of the following documents would determine the contractual obligations?
A project manager is managing a project with a hard deadline in two weeks. At the current rate of progress, the project will not finish on time.
Which of the following techniques is MOST likely to be used to complete the project on time?
- Resource leveling
- Resource smoothing
A project manager is unsure if the quality of a deliverable from a SME meets specifications.
Which of the following is the BEST way for the project manager to address the issue?
- Conduct a face-to-face or telephone meeting with the team member.
- Send an email outlining the concerns to the team member.
- Send a project team meeting to obtain feedback from everyone.
- Post the issue on the wiki page for input from stakeholders.
Which of the following is a key aspect of the Agile project management methodology?
- Daily standup meetings
- Short project durations
- Defined list of requirements
A carpenter on a project team reports there is insufficient time to accomplish tasks on schedule.
Which of the following is the FIRST step the project manager should take?
- Assess the risk register’s new items.
- Review the task start and finish dates.
- Obtain additional resources.
- Analyze the assigned hours.
A project manager is managing a transactional project. One of the key team members is having difficulties understanding the client requirements.
Which of the following actions would be BEST for the project manager to take?
- Ask the client to provide additional language resources to the team.
- Purchase a language translation program.
- Hire a translator to help the key team member
- Ask the client to provide requirements in the native language of the team.
After identifying all known tasks, the project manager has started to sequence and set durations.
Which of the following describes how the project manager should BEST determine the initial sequence and durations?
- Use milestones identified in the project charter.
- Use data based on past knowledge.
- Hold a full team workshop to review the complete WBS.
- Collaborate with other project managers.
A company has updated the method it uses to initiate projects. The company requires RFPs from three vendors, and low and high bids must be rejected to determine the selected vendor.
Which of the following terms describe this requirement?
- Business acquisition
- Business process change
- Internal reorganization
A project team is overseeing the installation of a new reptile habitat at the local zoo. During execution, zoo personnel decides to house a different type of reptile that will require a different temperature range than the capacity of the installed system. The modification has been approved.
Which of the following constraints are MOST likely to be affected? (Choose two.)
- Quality because the existing system is now outside the threshold.
- Requirements because this is a change to initial scope.
- Cost because replacing the system incurs additional expense.
- Schedule because this was an unscheduled task and will impact the timeline.
- Stakeholders because they will need to understand the modification and provide buy-in.
Assuming an iterative approach, which of the following will be conducted at the end of each iteration?
- SCRUM retrospective
- Kickoff meeting
- Budget baseline
- Risk review
The project manager has noticed a vendor is not performing in accordance with the SLA.
Which of the following items should the project manager use to highlight the vendor’s areas of poor performance?
- Balanced score card
- Post-project evaluation
Two team members are arguing over two different approaches to complete a task. The project manager listens to both sides, determines neither approach will work, and directs the team members to use a third option.
This type of conflict resolution is known as:
Which of the following metrics demonstrates to a project manager if a project is overspending or underspending?
The project sponsor has cut the resources required for project completion. The project manager cannot complete the project without additional resources.
Which of the following should the project manager do to obtain the resources?
- The project manager should identify and document the reasons for the additional resources in a change request.
- The project manager should hire additional resources temporarily to complete the project.
- The project manager should terminate the project until additional resources are added to the project.
- The project manager should ask the project team members to take on more tasks to complete the project on time.
An organization has multiple projects that are taking place simultaneously.
Which of the following should be tasked with ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to projects?
- Project sponsor
- Project coordinator
When a risk event occurs, which of the following documents is BEST suited for recording and tracking new items corresponding to the risk?
- Issue log
- Risk management plan
- Communications plan
- Risk register
- Status report