Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by InfraExam
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 03
A milestone task on the critical path has been completed.
Which of the following should the project manager notify?
- Owner of predecessor task
- Project team
- Project sponsor
- Project steering committee
During a project assessment, a project manager determines the initial project cost estimates were incorrect, and there is not enough budget left, including reserves, to complete the project.
Which of the following actions should the project manager take?
- Alert the project sponsor of the situation.
- Contact the customer and request more funding.
- Announce the project will end early due to lack of funds.
- Attempt to save money in downstream activities.
Which of the following is the primary purpose of an MOA or an MOU?
- State expectations of all signatory parties to reduce potential misunderstandings.
- Facilitate potential legal action and resulting remediation if one of the signatory parties violates any terms.
- Enumerate a detailed code of conduct for all employees, contractors, and subcontractors participating in the program.
- Provide transparency to competitors regarding all signatory parties.
Two team members have concluded that documentation is not required due to the size of the current project. The project manager has encouraged them to align strictly within the process.
Which of the following conflict resolution techniques has the project manager utilized?
The client accepts the critical design review.
Which of the following meetings should be held to move to the NEXT step in the project?
A project manager is working on the project charter.
Which of the following phases does this describe?
A project in the execution phase is over budget, and tasks on the critical path are on schedule.
Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Update the project management plan.
- Issue a change request.
- Revise the project charter.
- Evaluate the impact to the baseline.
Several team members report that meeting objectives are not being met.
Which of the following documents would a project manager create to make team meetings more effective? (Choose two.)
- Create an SOW prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
- Create a meeting agenda prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
- Create a lessons learned list prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
- Create a project charter prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
- Create an action item list during the meeting and adhere to it.
- Create a corrective action plan prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
- Create a WBS prior to each meeting and adhere to it.
Which of the following documents should be used to provide high-level reporting to key stakeholders?
- Communication plan
- Statement of work
- Project charter
A new project charter is being drafted.
Which of the following would be the BEST source for the high-level project requirements?
- Project manager
- Project management office
- Project team
Which of the following project documents should be used to record the occurrence of an unplanned event?
- Action log
- Risk log
- Change log
- Issue log
Which of the following documents does a vendor rely on MOST before committing funding and resources to a project?
Which of the following measurements would give the project manager the BEST estimate of the total cost of an active project?
A customer will have ongoing changes to project requirements.
Which of the following is the BEST project management methodology for this requirement?
Which of the following describes risk mitigation?
- The transfer of the risk to another entity or project inside or outside the organization, along with associated costs.
- The understanding of the risk with a detailed explanation of how the project intends to address the potential for occurrence.
- The quantification of the risk in terms of how much the risk could potentially cost the project or parent organization.
- The weighting or prioritization of the risk against all other identified risks within this project or others associated with it.
Which of the following is a definition of an RFP?
- A document sent to potential vendors to solicit a bid for a project.
- A document sent to potential vendors to request information for skills and experience for a project.
- A document sent to potential vendors to request a commitment for a project.
- A document sent to potential vendors to solicit information that excludes pricing information for a project.
A customer has requested additional features for an active project.
Which of the following steps should take place NEXT?
- Implement the requested changes.
- Evaluate the impact of the changes.
- Update all project documents.
- Submit the requested changes to the CCB.
A project manager has an opportunity to add a highly skilled expert to the team who can increase the probability of the project’s success.
Which of the following risk strategies should the project manager adopt?
A project manager is assigned to a new project that must start immediately. No formal or approved documents have been authored for the project. The project manager must identify project roles, justify the business need, and determine project scope boundaries.
Which of the following documents should the project manager create?
- Business case
- Project charter
- Scope statement
- Project management plan
Which of the following individuals is MOST likely to be a key stakeholder for the product launch phase of a project?
- Sales clerk
- Marketing representative
- Team lead
- Product item