Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by InfraExam
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 22
A project’s stakeholders have not been informed of project updates and milestones by the CCB and project team. The stakeholders have threatened to withdraw project support. Which of the following should the project manager do to get buy-in from the stakeholders for the project?
- Update the communications plan to include the stakeholders
- Expedite completion of the project before support is withdrawn by the stakeholders
- Revise the quality management plan to include the project stakeholders
- Increase the number of status reports provided to the project stakeholders
A project manager is implementing a new edition of a magazine with an end-of-the-week deadline. The design analyst notices two main articles were not included, as requested by the client. Which of the following constraints should be considered FIRST?
The PMO has asked the PM to provide a status report indicating the number of events and activities required to complete a project. Which of the following charts should the PM include in the status report?
- Gantt chart
- Scatter chart
- Run chart
- Process diagram
A project sponsor approved an undocumented change without following the formal change control process. The resulting change caused an outage in a crucial accounting application. Which of the following change control processes would help mitigate the realization of this risk?
- Regression plan
- Quality plan
- Change validation
- Application version control
The internal project sponsor is frustrated by a lack of concise, regular updates regarding the status of a project.
Which of the following changes would BEST satisfy the project sponsor?
- Add the project sponsor to all project email correspondence moving forward
- Include the project sponsor in all project meetings moving forward
- Add a new line to the communications plan to provide a weekly status report with a dashboard
- Include the project sponsor in the daily stand-up with the entire project team
A stakeholder wants to add four more data entry points on the accounts receivable screen of the current application being developed. Which of the following constraints would this impact directly?
A small company has a successful proof of concept for an innovative new service but lacks the necessary expertise to deploy it. Which of the following is the BEST course of action to address this deficiency?
- Internal reorganization
- Business merger/acquisition
- Business process change
A project manager has updated the risk register with the current risk status, probability, and impact. Risk IDs 2 and 6 have now been realized.
Which of the following is the NEXT appropriate step for the project manager to take?
- Identify risk strategies for the realized events
- Change the risk status to closed for 2 and 6
- Consult the risk management plan
- Update the issue log
A stakeholder informs a project manager that a weekly status report has not been delivered via email, but the monthly status reports were received. Which of the following should the project manager do NEXT?
- Immediately send the current weekly status report
- Add email to the distribution list for the weekly status report
- Remove email from the distribution list for the monthly status report
- Consult the communications plan and act accordingly
A project manager learns that a key team member is required to work on a different assignment within the next two weeks. In which of the following organizational structures does the project manager work?
- Strong matrix
A stakeholder with whom the project manager has worked on numerous occasions drops by and requests that the project management add two small items to the application under development. The stakeholder has seen the value of these changes in other applications and assures the project manager they are easy, quick changes. Which of the following BEST describes how the project manager should respond?
- Take the requst to the CCB
- Quickly make the changes
- Ask a project team member to make the changes
- Inform the sponsor of the stakeholder’s request
Which of the following are the components of a RACI matrix?
- Responsibility, authority, support, inform
- Responsible, accountable, consulted, informed
- Reliability, accountability, support, inform
- Responsibility, acquired, consulted, informed
Tasks A and B have a duration of two days. Task A starts on Day 1, and Task B starts on Day 3. Tasks C and D have a duration of three days, and Task E has a duration of four days. Task C starts after Task A. Task D and E start after Task C. If Task A starts on December 15, which of the following is the anticipated start date for Task D?
- December 18
- December 19
- December 20
- December 21
- December 22
A customer is in the early planning stages of a technology rebuild. To gain a better understanding of the possible solutions, which of the following documents should the customer send to prospective vendors?
A busy project manager has a diverse set of stakeholders and team members with respect to age and cultural background. Which of the following is the BEST method for communicating to the project manager’s audiences?
- Speak with each individual, and communicate with that individual according to stated and demonstrated preferences
- Utilize a variety of communication methods, such as email, IM, conference calls, and face-to-face meetings, to reach all the audiences
- Develop a communications plan that considers the individual’s impact on the project and preferred communication method
- Determine a single best communication method to provide efficient and consistent communications to all the audiences
A project manager is assigned to a project with an unfamiliar domain area. The project manager is compiling a list of stakeholders and their roles in a chart. The project manager lists SMEs in the project domain to be:
An engineer is troubleshooting a malfunctioning physical deliverable and requires assistance from remote team members. Which of the following would be the BEST communication method for the engineer to use?
- Phone conversation
- Face-to-face meeting
- Instant messaging
- Video conference
Which of the following is the BEST indicator of project failure?
- Product deficiencies revealed during the monitor and control phase
- Project team members disagreeing on milestones
- Project deliverables completed behind schedule
- Several changes being made to the project
The stakeholders who are available for the user acceptance test do not understand the project’s requirements. The tester is trying to identify who requested the feature, but there is no information available. Which of the following components is missing?
- Quality plan
- Project schedule
Language barriers will MOST likely influence a PM to:
- use more print media to communicate with the stakeholders.
- hire a bilingual project team that is fluent in the language to reduce conflict.
- hire an interpreter to ensure verbal and written communications are accurate.
- learn the unknown language to be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.