Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by InfraExam
PK0-004 : CompTIA Project+ : Part 25
A senior developer abruptly resigned without notice. Because of the senior developer’s expertise, the active task workload was substantial.
This would MOST likely impact the project’s: (Choose two.)
A project task has been completed ahead of schedule. Which of the following is the MOST appropriate next step?
- Provide the next task to the newly freed resource.
- Communicate the success to the team.
- Notify the project sponsor of the new completion date.
- Update the schedule and add lag to the next task.
Which of the following events would MOST likely merit immediate communication to all project stakeholders? (Choose two.)
- Business continuity response
- Milestone achievement
- Incident response
- Schedule change
- Change request
- Stakeholder changes
A developer is experiencing constant project scope changes and reaches out to the project manager to discuss the situation. They agree the customer has requested multiple modifications to the core idea and now extra work may need to be performed. Which of the following approaches would BEST support on-time delivery considering these changes?
- Strict change management controls
- Regular Scrum meetings
- Continuous requirements gathering
- Regular milestone reviews
A project sponsor is reviewing the project dashboard and does not understand what a CPI of 0.87 and an SPI of 1.02 indicate. Which of the following describes the project status?
- The project is over budget and behind schedule.
- The project is under budget and ahead of schedule.
- The project is over budget and ahead of schedule.
- The project is under budget and behind schedule.
A project sponsor promises the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) that a project will be completed before the next quarterly meeting. The project manager needs to take the following elements into account:
– Cost of overtime
– Work effort
Which of the following documents should the project manager use to guarantee the project’s success?
- Project charter
- Burn chart
An audit, project change, task initiation/completion, gate review, and incident response are examples of:
- change control.
- status reporting.
- risk events.
- communication triggers.
An active project is focused on quality assurance of the deliverable product. In which of the following project phases would this occur?
- Monitor and control
A vendor is late with product deliverables. Which of the following documents should the PM refer to FIRST?
- C&D letter
A sprint retrospective is being conducted. Which of the following is the BEST way to obtain input?
- Video conference
- Face-to-face meeting
- Instant messaging
- Collaboration site
A project is running behind schedule. To meet the delivery timelines, the project manager decides to give part of the work to another organization for quicker delivery and to allow the project team to focus on the remaining tasks. This is an example of:
- task reassignment.
Which of the following is the BEST reason to conduct regular risk reviews?
- Risk reviews ensure stakeholders take action on assigned items.
- Risk reviews allow for the identification of response strategies.
- Risk reviews can keep personnel on track with their assigned tasks.
- Risk reviews must be reported in status updates.
A highly skilled project engineer will be on indefinite medical leave. No one on the project team has the required skill set to replace the engineer.
Which of the following will be impacted MOST by the absence of the engineer?
A number of requirements, conflicts, and reworks during a project delayed the schedule, increased the budget, and required replanning efforts.
Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
- There were not enough resources assigned to the project execution team.
- The PMO was not involved in project initiation and planning.
- Proper team-building activities were not performed when starting the project.
- A few major stakeholders were overlooked during project initiation and planning.
Which of the following describes the difference between an acquisition and outsourcing?
- In an acquisition, the organizations remain separate, whereas they become one in outsourcing.
- In an acquisition, the organizations become one, whereas they move to a new location in outsourcing.
- In an acquisition, the organizations become one, whereas they remain separate in outsourcing.
- In an acquisition, the organizations become two, whereas they remain distinct in outsourcing.
A project manager was reprimanded for failing to complete timely status reports and providing mixed messaging about a project’s performance.
Which of the following would be responsible for discussing and resolving this issue?
- Project coordinator
- Project stakeholder
- Project management office
- Project sponsor
A project manager noted there were many possible features that could be incorporated into a project, and the customers wavered about whether to include particular features. Which of the following is the BEST approach to ensure appropriate delivery of the project?
- In one section of the project charter, specify which features are included in the project, in another section, specify which features are not included in the project.
- The scope statement should enumerate which features are included in the project and which features are not included in the project.
- At the beginning and end of every meeting, the project manager should consistently remind the project team which features are included in the project and which features are not included in the project.
- The project requirements document lists all the features that are included in the project, and the project manager diligently ensures that features not included in the project are not included in the MOU with the customer.
A company recently discovered that it could save money by moving its call center to another country. The company entered into an agreement for call center services. Which of the following types of organizational change is this?
- Business process change
- Business demerger/split
Team members in a projectized organization are released at the end of a project and placed on the “bench”. Which of the following should the benched team members do NEXT?
- Find a new project.
- Check in with a functional manager.
- Report to the project manager.
- Contact the project sponsor.
A project manager, who previously worked at a construction firm, has just joined an IT organization and has been assigned to handle a security project. Which of the following roles can provide technical direction during the course of the project?
- Security SME
- Business analyst
- Project scheduler
- Project sponsor
A company has been trying to implement a product with multiple challenges for more than two years. Both the company and the vendor mutually agree to cancel the project. Which of the following should be issued?
An external customer has requested a modification of the project scope through an official change request. Which of the following is the appropriate NEXT step?
- Implement the change.
- Analyze impacts to the project.
- Create a new change request.
- Modify the configuration documentation.
Which of the following is a risk strategy?
- Risk quantification
- Risk avoidance
- Risk identification
- Risk review
A project manager notices a lack of meeting attendance from the project team. Which of the following actions might the project manager take to BEST improve the level of attendance?
- Schedule the meeting directly on the attendees’ calendars.
- Publish an agenda prior to the meeting.
- Increase the number of email invitations for the upcoming meeting.
- Send the meeting invitation by email with a read receipt.
A key team member found a new job and will be leaving in two weeks. Which of the following should the project manager do FIRST to minimize negative impacts to the project?
- Request a replacement from the project sponsor.
- Contact human resources to initiate the termination process.
- Involve the legal department for contract review.
- Inform executive management about attrition.