Last Updated on July 10, 2021 by InfraExam
SY0-601 : CompTIA Security+ 2021 : Part 04
The IT department at a university is concerned about professors placing servers on the university network in an attempt to bypass security controls. Which of the following BEST represents this type of threat?
- A script kiddie
- Shadow IT
A commercial cyber-threat intelligence organization observes IoCs across a variety of unrelated customers. Prior to releasing specific threat intelligence to other paid subscribers, the organization is MOST likely obligated by contracts to:
- perform attribution to specific APTs and nation-state actors.
- anonymize any PII that is observed within the IoC data.
- add metadata to track the utilization of threat intelligence reports.
- assist companies with impact assessments based on the observed data.
While checking logs, a security engineer notices a number of end users suddenly downloading files with the .tar.gz extension. Closer examination of the files reveals they are PE32 files. The end users state they did not initiate any of the downloads. Further investigation reveals the end users all clicked on an external email containing an infected MHT file with an href link a week prior. Which of the following is MOST likely occurring?
- A RAT was installed and is transferring additional exploit tools.
- The workstations are beaconing to a command-and-control server.
- A logic bomb was executed and is responsible for the data transfers.
- A fireless virus is spreading in the local network environment.
An organization is developing a plan in the event of a complete loss of critical systems and data. Which of the following plans is the organization MOST likely developing?
- Incident response
- Disaster recovery
- Data retention
Which of the following is the purpose of a risk register?
- To define the level or risk using probability and likelihood
- To register the risk with the required regulatory agencies
- To identify the risk, the risk owner, and the risk measures
- To formally log the type of risk mitigation strategy the organization is using
A university with remote campuses, which all use different service providers, loses Internet connectivity across all locations. After a few minutes, Internet and VoIP services are restored, only to go offline again at random intervals, typically within four minutes of services being restored. Outages continue throughout the day, impacting all inbound and outbound connections and services. Services that are limited to the local LAN or WiFi network are not impacted, but all WAN and VoIP services are affected.
Later that day, the edge-router manufacturer releases a CVE outlining the ability of an attacker to exploit the SIP protocol handling on devices, leading to resource exhaustion and system reloads. Which of the following BEST describe this type of attack? (Choose two.)
- SSL stripping
- Memory leak
- Race condition
A company recently set up an e-commerce portal to sell its product online. The company wants to start accepting credit cards for payment, which requires compliance with a security standard. Which of the following standards must the company comply with before accepting credit cards on its e-commerce platform?
- PCI DSS
- ISO 22301
- ISO 27001
- NIST CSF
Which of the following BEST describes a security exploit for which a vendor patch is not readily available?
- Integer overflow
- End of life
- Race condition
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of an insurance company received an email from Ann, the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), requesting a transfer of $10,000 to an account. The email states Ann is on vacation and has lost her purse, containing cash and credit cards. Which of the following social-engineering techniques is the attacker using?
- Typo squatting
An organization wants to implement a third factor to an existing multifactor authentication. The organization already uses a smart card and password. Which of the following would meet the organization’s needs for a third factor?
- Date of birth
An employee has been charged with fraud and is suspected of using corporate assets. As authorities collect evidence, and to preserve the admissibility of the evidence, which of the following forensic techniques should be used?
- Order of volatility
- Data recovery
- Chain of custody
A company wants to deploy PKI on its Internet-facing website. The applications that are currently deployed are:
– www.company.com (main website)
– contactus.company.com (for locating a nearby location)
– quotes.company.com (for requesting a price quote)
The company wants to purchase one SSL certificate that will work for all the existing applications and any future applications that follow the same naming conventions, such as store.company.com. Which of the following certificate types would BEST meet the requirements?
- Extended validation
A Chief Security Officer (CSO) is concerned about the amount of PII that is stored locally on each salesperson’s laptop. The sales department has a higher-than-average rate of lost equipment. Which of the following recommendations would BEST address the CSO’s concern?
- Deploy an MDM solution.
- Implement managed FDE.
- Replace all hard drives with SEDs.
- Install DLP agents on each laptop.
A user contacts the help desk to report the following:
– Two days ago, a pop-up browser window prompted the user for a name and password after connecting to the corporate wireless SSID. – – This had never happened before, but the user entered the information as requested.
– The user was able to access the Internet but had trouble accessing the department share until the next day.
The user is now getting notifications from the bank about unauthorized transactions.
Which of the following attack vectors was MOST likely used in this scenario?
- Rogue access point
- Evil twin
- DNS poisoning
- ARP poisoning
A host was infected with malware. During the incident response, Joe, a user, reported that he did not receive any emails with links, but he had been browsing the Internet all day. Which of the following would MOST likely show where the malware originated?
- The DNS logs
- The web server logs
- The SIP traffic logs
- The SNMP logs
A recently discovered zero-day exploit utilizes an unknown vulnerability in the SMB network protocol to rapidly infect computers. Once infected, computers are encrypted and held for ransom. Which of the following would BEST prevent this attack from reoccurring?
- Configure the perimeter firewall to deny inbound external connections to SMB ports.
- Ensure endpoint detection and response systems are alerting on suspicious SMB connections.
- Deny unauthenticated users access to shared network folders.
- Verify computers are set to install monthly operating system, updates automatically.
Joe, an employee, receives an email stating he won the lottery. The email includes a link that requests a name, mobile phone number, address, and date of birth be provided to confirm Joe’s identity before sending him the prize. Which of the following BEST describes this type of email?
- Spear phishing
Which of the following refers to applications and systems that are used within an organization without consent or approval?
- Shadow IT
- Dark web
- Insider threats
A manufacturer creates designs for very high security products that are required to be protected and controlled by the government regulations. These designs are not accessible by corporate networks or the Internet. Which of the following is the BEST solution to protect these designs?
- An air gap
- A Faraday cage
- A shielded cable
- A demilitarized zone
A company processes highly sensitive data and senior management wants to protect the sensitive data by utilizing classification labels. Which of the following access control schemes would be BEST for the company to implement?