Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 01
While facilitating a class an instructor uses a variety of questioning techniques. Which of the following BEST describes the benefits?
- Challenges learners, involves them and helps to monitor their progress.
- Establishes an environment that supports learning, and maintains focus on meeting stated learning objectives
- Facilitates group dynamics in a positive way, while encouraging respectful interactions.
- Keeps the learners engaged as to what is coming next andconveys the importance of theirknowledge.
An instructor is conducting a virtual class and finds that several learners do not have computer systems that actually meet the guidelines for the course. Due to this, certain required shared applications will not work for them. Which of the following represents the BEST action for the instructor?
- Contact the course coordinator to remind learners of the requirements
- Remove the sharing of applications as the entire class cannot participate.
- Change the applications that are shared to ones that are compatible to all systems
- Request the learners use systems that are compatible with the course.
An instructor asks a question and a learner provides an incorrect answer that has nothing to do with the question asked. Which of the following is the BEST response?
- Ask another learner to provide an answer to the question.
- Repeat the question exactly as originally stated.
- Rephrase the question completely and ask it again.
- Reprimand the learner for their response.
An instructor is preparing to start a class where several learners have arrived late due to bad weather. The general mood of the learners is poor. Which of the following is the BEST way to handle this situation?
- Use humor that will create a positive mood.
- Tell the learners that the class will run late that day
- Have the learners introduce themselves.
- Proceed with the course material.
An instructor wants to demonstrate a technical topic that requires a certain procedure. Which of the following is the BEST way to achieve this?
- Have the learners brainstorm ideas on the topic.
- Have the learners role play the topic.
- Hold an open discussion on the topic.
- Show the learners via a desktop sharing demonstration.
A contract instructor has been hired to teach a course with twelve learners. After surveying the learners it is identified that half of the class is not familiar with the subject being taught. Which of the following should the instructor do to help the entire class achieve success?
- Contact the training manager for suggestions on how to proceed.
- Teach to the more experienced learners; the others will catch up.
- Make the six learners that already know the material wait until the other learners catch up
- Cancel the class and then divide the class into two difference courses.
An instructor has a class of learners who are required to attend. Most of the learners are not paying attention or participating. Which of the following will increase the level of learner motivation?
- Explain to the learners that the material is really interesting and they might want to pay attention.
- Ask the learners if there is something more relevant they would prefer to learn.
- Explain to the learners the skills they learn by taking this class could lead to career benefits.
- Explain to the learners that they are only in class for a few days, and to make the best of it.
The Human Resources department is conducting a class for new employees when the air conditioning stops working. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST?
- Report the incident to the maintenance department
- Tell the employees it is not unbearable and continue with the course
- Cancel the class and reschedule the class for another time.
- Continue on with the instruction ignoring the temperature issue.
At the beginning of a training session, a trainer instructed the learners to use Brand X computers because the instructional design assumes Brand X computers. Many learners objected. They felt that since they will be using Brand Y computers at work, they should work on Brand Y computers in the room. If the instructor needs to use Brand X computers to instruct, which of the following is the MOST appropriate way to respond to the learners’ need to be able to apply course materials to job requirements?
- First explain to the class how the materials apply to Brand X. and then do the same for Brand Y.
- Do not mention either brand by name, but refer learners to the manual covering each of the respective brands.
- Provide a guide that relates Brand X to Brand Y computer functions
- After providing the planned instruction on the Brand X computers, discuss differences that Brand Y computers present to the user.
Learners are MOST likely to learn a skill successfully when a topic is presented:
- In a cluster with other, similar skills
- Just in time for the learner to apply it
- As part of a summary of related skills
- As part of a review session prior to an examination
An instructor uses multiple forms of media to help the class understand a difficult topic. Unfortunately learners are still having a hard time with the concept. Noticing difficulty, the instructor creates another learning tool to explain the topic another way. Which of the following BEST describes the skill the instructor is using?
- Create opportunities for learners to contribute to the discussion
- Plan and use a variety of reinforcement techniques during training
- Adapt learning methods as intended by the course designers
- Enhance, substitute or create media as appropriate
An instructor is leading a virtual class when several learners start having significant bandwidth issues that cause them to drop out of the live session. Which of the following represents the BEST solution to the problem?
- Inform the learners that most of the same material will be covered in the next class session.
- Have the learners watch a recorded session of the class.
- Request that those learners with bandwidth issues be moved to an in-person live class,
- Cancel the current session and schedule a make-up class.
Which of the following statements BEST describes the value of using a variety of question types during instruction?
- Regularly asking questions during a course helps to identify those that are paying attention.
- Effective use of questions will enhance learners’ conceptual understanding; encourage deep thinking and meaningful participation.
- Using a variety of questions during instruction prevents anyone in the group from becoming disinterested with the same question types.
- Questions asked often during a course will keep learners engaged, it is not important if they do not know the correct answer.
After a training class was completed, the instructor conducted several passive on the job observations of each learner who attended the class. Which of the following is the primary benefit of the observations?
- It measures the application of the skills taught.
- It validates the quality of the course material.
- It requires the learners to use what they learned.
- It helps to reinforce the learning concepts.
An instructor asks an open-ended question to the class. Which of the following BEST describes the skill the instructor is demonstrating?
- Plan and use a variety of reinforcement techniques during training.
- Elicit learner feedback on the adequacy of instructor responses.
- Provide feedback that is specific to learners needs.
- Create opportunities for learners to contribute to the discussion.
Which of the following would be on an evaluation when seeking feedback concerning courseware material used during a class?
- Design of the courseware materials
- Accuracy of the courseware
- Cost of the courseware
- Instructor’s use of the courseware
Which of the following describes a form of feedback with the GREATEST positive impact?
- Suggestions that focus on procedures versus the concepts
- Measurable results from summative assessments
- Specific comments on errors with suggestions on how to improve
- Comparing learner performance with other learners
An instructor is conducting a review of written instructions and is aware that the preferred learning style of one of the learners is kinesthetic. Which of the following is the BEST choice for the instructor?
- Adjust the delivery of the review to include more graphs and charts as part of the exercise.
- Administer an exam to verify learner’s knowledge of the material.
- Deliver the curriculum as defined in the documentation so that the rest of the class does not fall behind.
- Adjust the delivery of the review to include a demonstration as part of the exercise.
During a computer software training class the projector fails. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST?
- Attempt to quickly fix the projector.
- Move the class to another room.
- Take a class break and find another projector.
- Cancel the class and reschedule for a later date.
A company is preparing to roll-out a training course on advanced accounting skills. The company has asked a contract instructor to facilitate the course. The instructor has no background in accounting. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Ask to team teach the course with an expert
- Accept the offer contingent upon six weeks of preparation time
- Decline the offer based on lack of knowledge of accounting principles
- Accept the offer and learn the content by observing accounting experts