Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 05
Which of the following is the MOST effective action for improving participation during a questioning session?
- Call on individuals by name to engage them.
- Have each learner take turns asking and answering a question.
- Ask for raised hands if they know the correct answer.
- Move closer to the participants in order to actively engage them.
Which of the following should an instructor consider when distributing motivational incentives?
- The incentives should be geared towards individuals and not the group as a whole.
- The incentives should be used to gain the learners attention.
- The incentives should be given out freely as encouragement to the learners.
- The incentives should be considered by the learners as appropriate and necessary.
An instructor listens to a learner’s question and repeats it back to them. This is an example of which of the following?
- An activity that uses questions to lead learners to the application of knowledge.
- An active listening technique used in a classroom setting.
- An activity that encourages learners to ask and answer their own questions.
- An activity that creates opportunities for learners to contribute to the discussion.
A learner shows up for class dressed inappropriately. Which of the following is the FIRST action the instructor should do?
- Take the learner aside and inform the learner of the dress code policy.
- Point out the violation of dress code in front of the other learners.
- Remove the learner from class until they adhere to the dress code.
- Give all the learners a break and address the situation with the point of contact
An instructor is instructing a class of thirty learners. One learner is constantly disrupting the class by talking in a loud voice. Which of the following actions should the instructor take FIRST?
- Discreetly talk to the learner and explain proper classroom etiquette
- Give the learner a disapproving look until the talking stops
- Use humor in front of the class to keep the learner quiet
- Tell the learner to leave the classroom
An instructor is teaching a week long class in a highly technical subject area specific to the contracting company. On the second day, three-fourths of the class is confused. Which of the following is the MOST effective plan for the third day?
- Create a lab exercise to be performed in groups
- Create a new presentation using graphics
- Plan more time for questions on the third day
- Spend time reviewing the concepts that seemed to cause confusion
An instructor has introduced a new module with a short lecture, discussion, and a demonstration of the procedure the learners are expected to perform. While moving around the room to observe, the instructor sees several groups making the same error. Which of the following is the BEST response?
- Separately inform each group what they are doing wrong and how to correct it.
- Continue observing the groups letting them discover the error and how to correct it.
- Give hints to the groups making the error to help them correct it.
- Get the attention of the class to clarify everyone’s understanding of the procedure.
An instructor notices a learner is not completing the practice exercise that has been assigned. Which of the following is the BEST way to elicit participation?
- Ask the non-participating learner how they are doing and if they have any questions.
- Re-assign the exercise as a group activity.
- Alter the exercise for the non-participating learner to suit their learning style.
- Offer a class-wide reward for the completion of the exercise.
A learner returns from break ten minutes late during a short lecture. Which of the following is the BEST response?
- Have a time management discussion with the learner after the lecture.
- Interrupt the lecture and acknowledge the learner’s return.
- Stop the lecture and quickly review with the learner.
- Continue on with the class and discuss time management with the entire class.
During a break several learners are in the room joking about the facility and ask the instructor their opinion of the facilities. Which of the following describes how the instructor should respond?
- Remove the learners from the course for their unprofessional behavior.
- Correct the learners for joking about the facilities and remind them about professional behavior.
- Join the conversation and avoid negative comments about the facilities.
- Join the conversation and joke about the facilities.
An instructor has been teaching for three hours on the first day of a three-day course. At the lunch break, the instructor reviews the preparedness of the learners and their responses to questions. The instructor notes that one learner does not demonstrate mastery of the concepts taught that morning. In this situation, which of the following should the instructor do?
- Give an advanced activity to the other learners and re-teach the morning activity to the learner who has not mastered the concepts.
- Re-teach the concepts taught in the morning session to the class, but use different handouts.
- Pair the learner with one of the more advanced learners who likes to share knowledge.
- Continue to teach the course as outlined, and after class offer to help the learner who has not mastered the concepts.
When a company provides training for their employees, which category on an evaluation will be MOST beneficial to the instructor?
- Business results
- Learning effectiveness
An instructor asks a class if they understand the material being covered. Which of the following BEST describes the skill the instructor is demonstrating?
- Plan and use a variety of reinforcement techniques during training.
- Determine the learners need for clarification and/or feedback.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training to meet the learning objectives.
- Compare learner achievement with learning objectives.
An instructor is lecturing on a manufacturing approach to ordering. The instructor is attempting to explain the concept that every order to purchase a finished product has an effect on the complete process from start to finish. Which of the following is an example of the effective use of props to demonstrate this principle?
- Drawing pictures on a white board or a flip chart to indicate each new step in the process.
- Using an automated slide presentation with each slide representing a step in the process.
- Lining up dominoes to indicate each new step in the process and then knocking them over.
- Handing each learner a different object as each step is introduced and then having them talk about their objects.
During a lecture on a complex technical topic, learners do not understand what is being presented. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Give the learners a break then re-teach me topic
- Administer a short quiz to see where the confusion is
- Present a video clip of the topic in question
- Ask general questions to check understanding
An instructor notices that several learners in a virtual classroom have not been actively participating. The learners are still connected to the session. Which of the following would be the FIRST action to re-engage the learners in the class?
- Send them a private message to make sure they understand the material
- Survey the class with a question and require a response.
- Use more visual demonstrations to get the learners interested.
- Send the class a public message that everyone needs to participate.
Which of the following is the BEST method for assessing a learner’s comprehension of a lab exercise?
- Practical exam
- Open-ended questions with a scenario
- Essay question test
- Pop quiz
When a learner responds incorrectly to a question during class, an instructor should give some acknowledgement for the answer. Which of the following is the BEST reason for this action?
- Use the incorrect answer to move the class to a different topic
- It enforces active participation and creates teachable moments
- Wrong answers should be pointed out and corrected quickly to prevent misconceptions
- It ensures participation is limited to the correct answers
If a class has some slow learners and some fast learners, which of the following is the correct pace in which to present material to the class?
- To the pace of the slowest learner
- To the pace of the average learner
- To the pace of the course suggestions
- To the pace of the fastest learner
A learner asks a question, and the instructor provides an answer. The learner’s face immediately shows signs of confusion. Which of the following is the BEST approach the instructor should take?
- Verbally confirm the learner understands and provide another explanation
- Provide the same answer and ask if the learner understands
- Wait for a couple minutes to determine if the learner comprehends the answer
- Ignore the look on the learner’s face and move on to the next point