Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 06
Which of the following BEST describes a situation in which it would be acceptable for an instructor to use appropriate colloquialisms, technical terms and acronyms in a classroom setting?
- When the instructor has polled the participants and all agree that they should be used
- When the course ware specifies that technical jargon can be used
- If the instructor had received permission from management
- When facilitating a subject related to a profession in which the learners are highly familiar with the terms
A training class has been rescheduled for one hour earlier than originally planned. Ten of the fifteen participants arrived at the adjusted start time. The remaining learners will likely not arrive until the original start time. Which of the following would be the BEST action for the instructor to take in this instance?
- Explain to the ten participants present that this was not an error on instructor’s part, suggest that they speak with the scheduler to voice their concerns.
- Conduct individual interviews at the end of the session to provide insight on whether this type of mistake happens frequently.
- Inform the client of the discrepancy and begin the course on time.
- Suggest to the client that the class be cancelled and rescheduled for another time.
At the end of a class all of the learners have passed the written exam; however, the majority of the learners are still not able to perform the specified task property. Which of the following statements BEST describes the instructor’s performance?
- The instructor compared learning achievements to learning objectives
- The instructor failed to monitor learner progress during training
- The instructor failed to properly motivate the class.
- The instructor used too many delivery methods during training
Which of the following is the BEST question to use when an instructor wants to engage an entire group of learners in a discussion?
- Single response questions
- Closed-ended questions
- Open-ended questions
- Individually directed questions
An instructor often receives feedback that learners do not feel involved during the course. To improve the presentation, the instructor has decided to incorporate additional opportunities for learners to become involved in the course. Which of the following is the MOST effective change for the instructor to implement?
- Ask closed-ended questions that will likely provide an opportunity for more in the group to get involved.
- Ask rhetorical questions to involve the entire group by getting them to think deeply, this practice can add emphasis to what is being discussed.
- Ask effective, clear, logically sequenced open-ended questions; this will increase learner involvement.
- Ask questions and allow learners to call out the answer without calling on anyone specific to ensure all are involved.
An instructor decides to divide their class into groups. In order to motivate the learners in the groups the instructor designs the groups and the activity such that thE. (Select TWO).
- Learners need to complete a small part of a larger project without seeing the final outcome.
- Learners are paired with the members they feel most comfortable with.
- Learners have more autonomy over the direction of the activity.
- Activity is relevant to the learners job function as it relates to the material.
- Skill level is below that of the class, making the activity easy to complete and building the learners esteem.
An instructor has been assigned to work with a learner in a one-to-one setting to improve the learner’s understanding of a particular subject. When they meet, the learner seems uninterested and unmotivated by the subject. Which of the following would be the BEST way for the instructor to motivate the learner?
- The instructor should include more handouts, charts and graphs in the instruction period; this will keep the learner on task.
- The instructor should remind the learner of the benefits of one-to-one instruction and that they need to apply themselves more during the instruction periods.
- The instructor should assign additional research to the learner; this will increase the learner’s familiarity and interest in the subject.
- The instructor should strive to find out what interests the learner and incorporate these things into each instruction period.
After class introductions the instructor defines objectives and the expected timeline. Some learners have a different expectation of the class. Which of the following is the BEST response?
- Contact the course designer and ask to send new objectives that meet learner’s expectations.
- Provide resources for learners to go beyond the class objectives.
- Ask the learners to design the objectives for the course.
- Reconcile any discrepancies between the objectives and the expectations.
An instructor will deliver a course where the material has been recently revised but poorly written. Which of the following is the BEST approach in ensuring that the objectives of the course are obtained by the learners?
- Teach from the revised material and give additional information to complement the material based on instructor’s expertise.
- Deliver the revised courseware and explain to the learners that other material is available upon request.
- Instruct the learners using the revised course material and solicit feedback from the learners about the material.
- Inform the learners that the revised material is a good reference but teach from the previous edition of the course.
An instructor is preparing to teach in a virtual classroom with twenty-five learners. Ten of the learners, all from the same location, report that they cannot login to the virtual classroom. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
- Anti-virus software is blocking the virtual classroom connection.
- The learner’s computers cannot handle the virtual classroom.
- Firewall issues at the instructor’s location.
- Firewall issues at the learners’ location.
Which of the following BEST describes the advantages of open-ended questions?
- It creates opportunities for learners to contribute to the discussion and apply course content.
- It keeps all of the learners engaged and prepared to answer a question.
- It is less likely that the learners will answer them incorrectly.
- It enables a less knowledgeable instructor to question a class.
An instructor realizes that a learner is confused about the information based upon a question the learner asks. Which of the following should the instructor do to address this issue?
- The instructor should rephrase the question asked by the learner and clarify their confusion.
- The instructor should stop instruction and have a review of all of the information covered.
- The instructor should immediately provide clarification so as to not impede the progress of the rest of the group.
- The instructor should refer the learner to additional study materials that they can review for clarification after the class.
An instructor is explaining a topic and realizes that the learners seem confused. Which of the following approaches would BEST clarify the topic?
- Repeat the explanation of the topic.
- Use a real-world reference.
- Use humor to explain the topic.
- Start asking the learners closed-ended questions about the topic.
For this question, decide whether the action makes it likely or unlikely that a trainer will achieve the goal. Select the BEST statement that explains why the action is likely or unlikely to accomplish the goal.
GOAL: To manage time available for the course.
ACTION: At the beginning of the course, the trainer hands out several supplemental labs for homework that the trainer has created especially for this material.
- Likely, because the trainer expects the learners to complete them outside class time.
- Likely, because the learners can decide which labs they can do independently.
- Unlikely, because the instructional designer has calculated the appropriate time for the course.
- Unlikely, because adding supplemental material will disrupt the flow of the class.
An instructor arrives at a remote classroom site about an hour before class begins only to find the wrong student material (e.g. books) has been shipped. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Contact the publisher/vendor to receive permission to reproduce the first day’s materials.
- Cancel the class as the right material has not arrived.
- Contact the site administrator about dismissing the class for the day and compress the material into the remaining days.
- Use past material from another course for the first day and catch up during subsequent days.
The members of a corporate training department have been asked to conduct an overall organizational training assessment. Which of the following BEST defines the training needs of the organization?
- Individual skill gaps noted in performance appraisals
- Common mistakes people make when doing their jobs
- Number of employees in the company and how many days are allocated to train the company
- Reasons for high turnover, high absenteeism, or low performance
A client has asked an instructor to modify information for a course to give the learners the knowledge needed for their company’s proprietary system. The instructor discovers that the material cannot be modified due to copyright regulations. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor?
- Modify the material anyway for the client and do not tell them about the regulations.
- Call the developer to see what the charge would be to change the material.
- Advise the client of the copyright regulations and offer to use different material.
- Tell the client class cannot be conducted because of the copyright regulations.
An instructor is preparing to deliver a hands-on lab course. The client provides material and asks the instructor to develop a method to determine the skill increase from the course. Which of the following should the instructor prepare?
- A pre-class and post-class assessment
- A verbal quiz to be given at the end of each course topic
- A comprehensive lab that incorporates all of the skills taught in the course
- A written exam to be given at the completion of the course
An instructor is conducting a course comprised of learners from an international audience. The instructor asks questions of the learners and notices that several of the learners do not participate even though they understand the material. Which of the following actions would be BEST for the instructor to take?
- Remind the learners that this training is for their benefit and non-participation will only hinder their learning.
- Implement additional validation methods that address the multiple cultures represented in the classroom,
- Select non-participating learners to answer questions where they are likely to understand the material.
- Inform the class that the course is intended to be instructed in a particular manner and they need to participate.
Which of the following is the BEST example of a probing question?
- “Which partner would be best suited for this task?”
- “Would you be comfortable explaining this procedure to another learner?”
- “Which plan did you use to accomplish this task?”
- “Can you elaborate on how you would accomplish this task”?”