Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 07
During introductions a learner asks if a related topic can be reviewed during the course; however, the topic is outside the prescribed course material. Which of the following is the BEST way to handle this request?
- Review the topic in the next more advanced course.
- Extend the length of the course to include the topic.
- Remove a section from the course material to make room for the requested topic.
- Include the topic without modifying the course material.
Two instructors are team teaching. The first instructor receives an excellent evaluation and the second instructor receives a lower evaluation. Which of the following methods would work BEST to make the second instructor more effective?
- Have the second instructor perform a self-evaluation.
- Have the first instructor provide feedback to the second instructor’s teaching techniques.
- Report the evaluation to a supervisor and have the instructor replaced.
- Have the class re-evaluate the second instructor using an alternate method.
Which of the following is a learner oriented method of evaluating the delivery of training?
- Group discussion
- Feedback form
- Peer review
An instructor has a learner in the class that needs to frequently check and reply to email during the course time. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Dismiss the learner from the class as they are not focused on the material.
- Ask the learner to dismiss themselves from the class when they need to check and reply to email.
- Inform the learner that their action is inappropriate and they need to check their email only during breaks.
- Ask the learner to take the necessary steps to cause the least distraction to the rest of the class.
Which of the following is important when an instructor is leading a group discussion?
- Learning is enhanced through interaction and conversation
- Designate someone in the group to be the leader
- The group’s individual knowledge of the members of the group
- The amount of time it takes for each group to solve an issue
An instructor has given the class materials to complete an assignment and instructs them to start. One of the learners finishes the assignment in two minutes, but the instructor says it is incomplete. Which of the following should the instructor have done to clarify the requirements for the assignment?
- Hand out written instructions so the learners can refer back to them
- Demonstrate the assignment for the learner
- Review the instructions and check for understanding
- Email the instructions before the course starts so the learners can prepare for the assignment
Using every available feature of a computer-based graphic presentation is:
- A benefit to the visual learner.
- Distracting to the learner.
- An excellent use of training materials.
- A creative use of resources.
A manager has assigned a group of learners to take a course. All of the learners are familiar with the course topics. A new student arrives after lunch on the first day and informs the instructor that they are a new-hire and are not familiar with the course topics. Which of the following BEST describes the step the instructor should take?
- Remove the student from the class so they do not disrupt their co-workers.
- Pair the non-experienced student with an experienced student for assistance.
- Give the student additional resources for independent study.
- Assess the entire group to determine where additional assistance is needed.
After the first week of a two week training class, the instructor notices that there are four learners in Group A that are motivated and doing a great job in with the material. In Group B the entire group seems to be moving slow and not very successful with the material. Which of the following can the instructor do to continue the class?
- Offer more assistance to Group Band give Group A an extended break
- Offer Group B incentives if they can keep up with Group A’s work
- Combine both groups together and let them work on the material.
- Switch some of the individuals from Group A to Group B
When delivering a class for a group that contains primarily kinesthetic learners, it is important to:
- Let each participant tell their own story about how they have applied the course content.
- Share many examples of how the content should be used.
- Allow for sufficient practice time.
- Have the participants brainstorm ideas for content application.
A learner asks a question about material that has been thoroughly covered. The instructor believes that the learner generally understands the material. Which of the following would be the BEST action for the instructor to take?
- Guide the learner to answering their own question.
- Employ active listening and respond with a complete answer.
- Request another learner answers the question.
- Diagram the steps needed to answer the question
An instructor has just covered a particularly difficult topic in class. To ensure that the learners understand the material which kind of questioning would be most helpful?
- Higher order
Right after a break in a classroom setting, a learner asks for a broader explanation of the last topic discussed. After a more detailed explanation, the learner states, “I’m still not seeing that.” Which of the following should the instructor do to bring clarity to the topic?
- Use a whiteboard or flip chart to draw a graphic that illustrates the concept.
- Redirect the question to the class using active listening.
- Ask the learner to remain after class to discuss the concept further.
- Ask the learner. “Which aspect can I help explain further?”
An instructor covering industry specific material asks the learners in the class if they believe whether a specific regulation that has been passed will help their industry, hurt it or essentially have no effect. Which of the following question types is the instructor asking?
- Higher order
Which of the following is the BEST benefit of allowing time for introductions at the beginning of class?
- Ease tensions associated with many courses.
- Enhances the instructor’s technical competency.
- Helps to determine team building groups.
- Determines the class objectives.
A day prior to a course an instructor discovers that information in the text book is outdated and a new edition is available. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Ask the training manager to make adjustments to the course prior to the class.
- Acquire updated curriculum for maximum learner benefit.
- Present the course as is but incorporate the updated information.
- Present the course as set by the course designer.
An instructor is delivering a distance learning class and the instructor is informed that some of the student’s computers do not have sound cards. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Set up conference calls with the learners so they can participate in the class.
- Buy inexpensive sound cards and ship them to the student’s locations.
- Pre-record the lectures and make them downloadable from the virtual classroom.
- Have the other learners take notes on the lectures and send the notes to the learners who do not have sound cards.
An instructor is teaching a week long course. One of the learners has not had as much exposure to the course material as the other learners. Which of the following describes how the instructor should handle the situation?
- Give the learner additional homework to raise their competency level
- Adjust the instruction to meet the needs of the learner while ensuring that all learning objectives are met
- Excuse the learner from the class and have them check with their supervisor to determine if they had been assigned to the class in error
- Administer a pre-test to all learners to see where the learners are ranking with the objectives
An instructor arrives at a site with a full day of course material. The contact at the site informs the instructor that a last minute change has occurred, and the course will need to be shortened to a half-day. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST?
- Discuss how this violates the contract for the event.
- Demand full payment for the day immediately.
- Discuss which topics should be covered and which should be cut.
- Inquire as to the reason why the course is being cut short.
An instructor is instructing a virtual class and a computer virus has reduced bandwidth making video and audio impossible at several locations. Which of the following is the MOST appropriate action for the instructor to take?
- Overnight all course materials to the learners who could not participate in the recorded session.
- Contact the system administrator and hold the session open until the bandwidth issue is corrected.
- Cancel the current session and compress the remaining sessions to finish on schedule.
- Inform the learners who could not actively participate to review the recorded session.