Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 09
An instructor wants to evaluate the classes’ knowledge after they completed the course. Which of the following should be the instructor’s FIRST choice for this process?
- Administer a written exam for the class on the course.
- Give the class a course evaluation.
- Use formative assessment to monitor the classes’ progress.
- Have one of the learners do a hands-on example.
An instructor has just answered a question from a learner. Which of the following is the NEXT action the instructor should take?
- Ask other learners to provide an example to further clarify the material
- Seek feedback from the learner to show they understand.
- Restate the material with further examples and diagrams.
- Proceed on to the next section of material.
With a class of visual learners, which of the following methods is BEST to keep the learners involved? (Select TWO).
- Have the learners memorize the directions.
- Have test questions or directions read aloud.
- Distribute written directions or write them on the board.
- Teach by lecture and break the learners into study groups.
A learner asks the instructor a question that was covered before the lunch break. Which of the following would the BEST response be from the instructor?
- Answer the question in short form, citing where it was covered previously.
- Redirect the question to the class, and allow other learners to answer.
- Provide a more in-depth answer to the question so that the rest of the learners gain more from the discussion.
- Ask the learner to remain after class to review the material that was already covered.
A presentation heavy with procedural details was just completed. The subsequent demonstration exercise is not flowing well. Which of the following will be the MOST productive assistance the instructor can provide?
- Review the presentation in more detail.
- Hand out copies of the procedure from the slide presentation.
- Ask probing questions to trigger the learner’s memory of the procedure.
- Quickly lead the learners in a question and answer session.
Which of the following methods encourages learners to resolve their own inquiries?
- Hypothetical questions
- Guiding questions
- Direct questions
- Closed questions
In order to understand and answer a learner’s question, an effective active listening technique would be to: (Select TWO).
- Refer the question to another learner.
- Repeat the question back to the learner.
- Ask the learner if the question was answered.
- Answer the question immediately.
- Quiz the learner on the material.
During a tedious technical exercise the instructor notes that the learners are nervous and apprehensive about starting. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Reassure everyone that they will perform well and monitor their progress on a more personal basis.
- Give the learners extra time to complete the exercise.
- Present the lecture portion again to reinforce the exercise and then follow up with a question and answer session.
- Tell a humorous story to make the learners feel more comfortable during the exercise.
The instructor noticed that a discussion was getting oft track and out of control. Which of the following question types can help the instructor gain control of the discussion?
During the training session introduction, half of the participants indicate that they are interested in learning about topics that are not part of the course objectives. The BEST approach for the instructor is to:
- Meet with each participant at break time and after class to address individual needs.
- Make a list of all the participants’ suggestions for the course.
- Communicate clearly what the course will and will not address.
- Change the course content to meet the participants’ expressed needs.
Which of the following are the FIRST ways to open a training session? (Select TWO).
- Provide instructor introductions.
- Start right into the lesson with no introduction.
- Hand out supplemental course materials.
- Identify the course and state the objectives of the course.
- Explain the logistics of the course.
The MOST important key to setting motivational goals for the classroom is to set the goal:
- So it is just out of reach of all the learners.
- So it is reasonably achievable by everybody.
- Low enough that everyone succeeds.
- So only the best can achieve it.
The adult learning methodology with the LOWEST retention rate is:
An instructor is preparing to deliver a course in leadership effectiveness. One of the exercises causes a concern. The instructor has conducted this type of exercise before and it generally has poor results. The BEST option for the instructor is to:
- Schedule a brief meeting with the development team to understand the purpose of the exercise.
- Meet with the development team to provide feedback on past experiences,
- Conduct the class and skip the exercise entirely.
- Modify the exercise to one the instructor likes better.
An internal instructor is completing a review of the first draft of a new sales course. The instructor notices that participants will be asked to implement new job responsibilities as part of the course. The instructor also knows that this change has not been announced, and is not aware of any plans for the announcement. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Ask the sponsors of the program to release an employee communication plan regarding the changes
- Develop a plan for how to overcome the likely resistance in the classroom.
- Talk to a few employees who will be attending the session to get their take on the changes.
- Continue to prepare for the course as planned.
An instructor is delivering a course session that has a large amount of content and the allotted delivery time is short. Which of the following question types is BEST for this situation?
- Higher order
An instructor is teaching a one week web design class. On the first, day many of the learners asks the instructor questions pertaining to the material that the instructor is not familiar with. The instructor tells them the answers will be provided the next day. The second day of the class the learners bring up more questions about the material and ask about yesterday’s questions. The instructor does not have the answers and the learners lose confidence in the instructor’s expertise in the subject. Which of the following BEST describes what the instructor could have done to better control this situation?
- Go over the material several days prior to the class to be more prepared
- Assign each of the learners a question and have them find the correct answer
- Ask if any of the learners in the class if they knew the answers to the questions
- Instruct the learners to hold all questions until all the material is covered
The MOST effective way for an instructor to demonstrate active listening is to:
- Repeat the learner’s question verbatim.
- Display open body language to indicate interest.
- StatE.”So what I hear you asking is. . . “
- Establish eye contact with the learner.
A learner is asking a question but the instructor does not clearly understand what the learner is asking. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Ask the learner to see the instructor during a break
- Answer the question as the instructor understood it
- Ask another learner if they understood the question
- Ask the learner to repeat the question
A few learners are eager to volunteer when questions are asked of the group; however, these learners consistently provide incorrect answers. Which of the following would be the BEST action for the instructor to follow in this situation?
- Review basic concepts with entire group
- Provide constructive feedback
- Suggest peer tutoring
- Avoid calling on those learners