Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 11
An instructor has asked the learners to perform a task. If they successfully complete the task they have demonstrated:
- Authentic assessment
- Skill transfer
- Active listening
In a learner-centered environment, an instructor’s role should be to present information and guidance which allows learners to:
- Decide what skills they will achieve
- Develop their concepts around the objective
- Decide the objectives
- Determine how they learn
An instructor is presenting a technical class through a virtual classroom. The instructor provides an essay question for the learners to verify the comprehension of the topic and asks for the answers to be posted to the instructor in private chat. After a few minutes, learners begin sending in their answers and all the responses are identical. Which of the following methods of evaluation would have been BEST to utilize in this situation?
- Various questions to each learner individually
- Ask probing questions to individual learners
- Use an online multiple choice exam
- Perform a survey of the class and the understanding of the topics
An instructor is preparing the classroom for a course at an on-site location. The course material contains a video clip with sound, but the presentation computer has no sound card. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST to maintain the delivery method intended by the course designers?
- Ask the IT staff to install a sound card on the presentation computer before the class starts.
- Explain the video to the class rather than play it.
- Create presentation slides before the class starts that contain screenshots from the video.
- Perform a voice-over while the video plays
An instructor noticed that several learners were not paying attention, not completing the assigned tasks, and were uninterested in the topic discussed. Which of the following is the BEST action to motivate these learners?
- Assign teams for a competitive group activity.
- Stress the importance of focusing at all times.
- Move to another topic and come back to this one later.
- Send everyone on a break and resume the topic after break.
Which of the following question types should an instructor typically avoid?
- Viewpoint questions
- Open-ended questions
- Closed-ended questions
- Run-on questions
During a training course an instructor invites learners to discuss how the training will benefit them. Which of the following BEST describes the skill demonstrated?
- Engage learners to obtain input about their personal objectives and expectations
- Engage learners to communicate learner performance objectives as indicated by course design
- Engage learners to get their acceptance of the required training objectives and expectations
- Engage learners to determine their prerequisite knowledge of the training course
An instructor is conducting a three week course for a company. The learners’ managers request the instructor’s insight as to how the learners are progressing. The instructor needs to report to management at the end of each week. Which of the following will BEST show the progress of the learners as well as justify the instructor’s opinion?
- Invite management to observe the learners in the classroom.
- Test the skills of the learners at the end of the course to show if the course objectives were met.
- Perform individual interviews with the learners to ask how they feel their progress is coming along.
- Deliver a weekly assessment test that validates the improvement of the skills of the learners.
Which of the following is the MOST useful feedback for the curriculum in course evaluations? (Select TWO).
- Was it easy for the instructor to stay on topic?
- Did the flow of the course follow the objectives?
- Is the Instructor qualified to teach the material?
- What material would you add to the course?
- Where you satisfied with the course extra course material for independent study?
A class is working on a lab that requires them to follow lengthy instructions; the instructor recognizes the pace of the class has slowed significantly and wants to ensure that all objectives are covered. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Manage the course flow and achieve learning objectives by asking the class to shorten their breaks and possibly return after a dinner break.
- Achieve learning objectives by demonstrating the lab to the class then have them complete the lab together.
- Group all slow learners together and offer extra assistance; have the other learners do additional labs.
- Manage the course flow and achieve learning objectives by making the lab into a contest awarding a prize for the first three to finish.
The instructor asks the learners for practical examples of how skills they are learning in the course relate to their jobs. This is an example of the instructor soliciting:
- Content expertise
- Preferred media
- A frame of reference
- Delivery methods
An instructor is conducting a highly technical subject with a large media presentation. Just after getting started the bulb blew out on the overhead projector. Which of the following will BEST allow the class to continue without interruption?
- Make copies of the slide presentation to hand out to the class.
- Take a break and seek out the facility manager for assistance.
- Tell the learners to follow along in their textbooks and not worry about the slides.
- Dismiss the learners and reschedule for the following day.
During a lecture an instructor constantly paces about the room making noise with a set of keys. Which of the following skills has the instructor failed to demonstrate?
- Content expertise
- Proper use of non-verbal communication
- Proper use of communication and presentation skills
- A comfortable learning environment
Which of the following statements BEST describes ‘synchronous training’ when discussing Internet learning technologies?
- Synchronous training refers to training delivered to a participant group of varied genders at the same time.
- Synchronous training refers to training delivered to a geographically dispersed group of participants at the same time.
- Synchronous training refers to training delivered by a skilled instructor using various collaboration tools at different times.
- Synchronous training refers to training delivered in any classroom setting where all participants are collaborating at the same time.
An instructor is observing participants during an exercise in a classroom environment. The MOST appropriate feedback to offer is:
- Outline two specific things the participant did well, and one specific opportunity for improvement.
- Spend most of the time focusing on the participants’ weaknesses.
- Focus on all the participants’ positive skills in order to build esteem.
- Tell everyone that they did a really good job.
An instructor delivers a complex topic and notices that most of the class is continuously falling behind during exercises. Which of the following is the BEST way to prevent this situation?
- Provide real-world examples in the exercises.
- Conduct pre-class assessments to determine the skill levels.
- Provide a written exam before the exercises.
- During introductions have the learners assess their knowledge.
The MOST significant advantage of using structured exercises in a training session is that participants:
- Will benefit from exchanging information with their peers.
- Are allowed to practice and receive feedback on new skills.
- Are allowed to reflect on their skill sets.
- Will receive a lot of new information.
A lecture has been delivered that included a clear delivery of the lab material, a lab overview, lab instructions and a full participation question and answer succession. Several learners are having considerable difficulty performing the lab. Which of the following will be the MOST effective assistance the instructor can offer?
- Demonstrate steps for the lab while the learners write them down
- Ask an advanced learner to guide this group so they do not fall behind
- Patiently reiterate instructions as the questions come up
- Focus instructor attention on these learners so they do not fall behind
During a lecture, learners continuously interrupt by asking each other questions over the topic. Which of the following should the instructor do to better assist the learners during the class?
- Ask each learner to stop disrupting the lecture.
- Open opportunities for learners to ask questions.
- Have the learners removed from the lecture.
- Discontinue the lecture until the learners are quiet.
An instructor is teaching a week long course for a vendor certification. A few learners are slowing the class down due to the lack of experience with the product. The rest of the learners are doing fine with the pace of the class. Which of the following would the instructor do to BEST assist the less experienced learners?
- Slow the pace of the training down to ensure all the learners are learning at the same level.
- Maintain the same pace of the class and work individually with the less experienced learners.
- Suggest the learners retake the course again at a later time when they have more experience.
- Allow the less experienced learners to have additional lab time before or after class.