Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 12
An assessment technique that focuses on the development or improvement of a program is known as:
- Objective evaluation
- Formative evaluation
- Skill transfer
- Summative evaluation
An instructor is approached by a learner that expresses fear that they will not properly understand the material and may lose their job. This fear is preventing the learner from participating in the course. Which of the following is the MOST reasonable course of action for the instructor to take?
- Tell the learner that their fears are unfounded and to relax.
- Inform the learner they will receive from the course what they put into it.
- Remind the learner that the course is designed for their level and they should do fine.
- Offer to speak to the learner’s supervisor.
A learner asks a question that the instructor did not understand. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Ask the learner to hold the question until a break and then discuss the question.
- Ask the learner to rephrase the question.
- Ask the class to rephrase the question.
- Ask the learner to research the answer and share their findings with the class.
Which of the following questioning techniques is BEST suited to engage learners right after a lunch break?
- Close-ended review questions
- Pop quiz with ranking questions
- Questions about what they expect to learn next
- Probing review questions
A learner asks a question and the instructor gives a response. Which of the following should the instructor do NEXT?
- Use non-verbal communication as verification.
- Ask other learners for verification of the answer.
- Ask the learner. “Did I answer your question?”
- Ask the learner to reference the technical manual for verification.
During the start of the class, three of the learners who are competent in the subject matter inform the instructor that their attendance in the class is due to job requirement. Which of the following techniques will BEST motivate these three learners to get more out of the class?
- Give the three learners various scenarios about how the acquired knowledge will increase their effectiveness.
- Ask the three learners to share information they have learned from their real life experiences to the rest of the class.
- Ask the three learners to lead discussions and aid the other learners in the class if needed.
- Find out what the three learners know and focus on what they might not know about the subject matter.
An instructor has become ill and cannot continue a course. A new instructor is brought in, but has received no knowledge transfer from the previous instructor. Which of the following is the BEST option to assess the learner’s knowledge level quickly?
- Proceed with the course at a beginner level
- Ask the learners during introductions
- Assume all learners’ knowledge is equal
- Administer a written pre-test
During a lunch break, several learners state the classroom is too cold. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST?
- Survey the comfort level of the learners in the class.
- Continue on with class and ask the learners to wear more layers the next day.
- Assure the learners that the class will end on time, and that the temperature is not that extreme.
- Contact the facilities manager for the class and ask that the temperature be adjusted.
An instructor is teaching a class and is constantly getting interrupted by a learner that is familiar with the subject. The learner’s interruptions are starting to affect the class’s ability to learn. Which of the following would be the FIRST action that the instructor could take to resolve the issue?
- Have one of the other learners inform the disruptive learner that they are affecting everyone’s ability to learn.
- Firmly tell the learner they are disrupting the class in front of the entire class.
- Pull the learner to the side and let them know they are distracting the class.
- Ignore the learner’s comments and continue to teach the material.
An instructor has a learner in the class that is struggling with the subject matter being presented. The instructor notices the learner making facial expressions. Which of the following will MOST likely help the learner with the material?
- Go to the learner privately and ask if there are any questions to clarify the material.
- Ask the learner in front of the class why they do not understanding the material.
- Make note of the learner’s facial expressions, continuing on with discussing the topic to see if they later understand the subject.
- Ask the learner to come forward and demonstrate the information that was just presented.
An instructor asks a question and notices that most of the learners seem distracted and are looking out the windows. Which of the following is the BEST approach to this problem?
- Call on a specific learner to answer the question.
- Turn the question into an exercise.
- Rephrase the question using an appropriate frame of reference.
- Wait a little longer until someone answers the question.
An instructor is delivering a computer training course. Which of the following is the BEST method for delivering the lecture that includes a presentation?
- Stand in front of the projector at the front of the classroom.
- Sit at a desk at the back of the classroom to watch all of the learners.
- Sit behind a computer terminal in the front of the classroom.
- Stand off to the side of the presentation screen at the front of the classroom.
An instructor is conducting a virtual classroom session that also includes a chat room. A learner becomes confused and sends the instructor an irate private message. Which of the following would be the BEST response to the situation?
- Use the administrator control panel in the virtual classroom client to cut off access for the irate user until the learner is calm.
- Send the user a private chat message explaining the concept better and add a positive emoticon to calm the learner.
- Reply to the class and ask the class to use appropriate netiquette when responding to any messages.
- Rephrase the comment into an anonymous question in case other learners are confused and discuss as a group.
An instructor has been asked by a customer to conduct a course in two weeks. The course material being used is outdated. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the customer’s request?
- Inform the customer that updated material is available.
- Ask the learners if they want to use the old material or the new material,
- Use the present material because the learners will not know the difference.
- Modify the material to meet current standards and teach the class.
An instructor needs to motivate a learner to complete a course, but the learner is not excited about the course due to lack of knowledge. Which of the following is the BEST motivation method?
- Implement more real life scenarios into the instruction to make the learner more interested.
- Create a group for this learner to work with to make the learner feel more comfortable.
- Give the learner words of affirmation and tell them the instructor is available after class.
- Pair the learner with a more knowledgeable learner in the class so the learner can keep up with the class.
During a virtual class the instructor has a learner that seems to be growing increasingly confused and now has questions that are distracting the rest of the class. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Inform the class that they need to move on to new material.
- Take the learner’s questions into private chat.
- Use the learner’s questions to reinforce the material for the entire class.
- Recommend the learner seek outside tutoring.
During an exercise an instructor notices a learner that is avoiding eye contact and not working. Which of the following actions should the instructor take?
- Directly ask the learner during the exercise if there is a problem.
- Discreetly go over to the learner and ask if help is needed.
- Call on the learner to answer a question.
- Ask an advanced learner to assist this learner.
While teaching a course the instructor asks a question and a learner answers the question incorrectly. Which of the following is the BEST way to respond? (Select THREE).
- Inform the learner that they need to research their answer.
- Correct the learner’s response in a humorous manner.
- Ask the rest of the class to provide the correct answer.
- Rephrase the question, and wait for the learner to provide the correct answer.
- Acknowledge the learner’s response and provide the correct response.
- Ask the learner to cite a reference for the answer.
While teaching a course online the instructor tells all learners to work through the material as a group. During the second day of the class the instructor recognizes that a learner is moving into the next online course unit early and then doing them incorrectly. Which of the following should the instructor do to control the pace of the learner?
- Send a private message to the learner addressing this issue.
- Inform the entire class that extra information will be given during each unit that they will need for their assessments.
- Assign outside research to the learner as independent study.
- Inform the learners that if they continue to work ahead they will be removed from the course.
An instructor is conducting an online class and notices some learners are less responsive than others. The instructor wants to ensure all the learners are participating in the class. Which of the following is BEST accomplish this? (Select TWO).
- Send the less responsive learners a private message asking if there are any questions.
- Observe the less responsive learners while performing tasks to ensure comprehension.
- Ask the class as a whole if there are any questions, encouraging the less responsive learners to respond.
- Ask the less responsive learners direct questions about the subject matter.
- Ask each of the learners how the material being presented is relevant to their job.