Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 13
Which of the following statements describes a good method to motivate learners to ask questions?
- Acknowledge and appreciate all questions asked.
- Leave questions for the end of class.
- Redirect questions to the other learners.
- Call out learners individually.
While an instructor is answering questions during a course it is BEST for them to:
- Answer the learner’s questions by completely verifying their understanding of the subject.
- Answer the question by referencing supporting documentation so the documents become tools.
- Preface the answer with the learning objective and referenced section of the training course.
- Create an open culture of information taken from every learner’s background and job experience.
Which of the following explains why an instructor would use probing questions?
- To give learners a chance to think through a possible scenario
- To provide concise answers to cover all of the review material
- To gain clarity about the learners understanding of the material
- To increase participation in the review process and encourage critical thinking
In a virtual classroom, which of the following factors might an instructor have the MOST difficulty controlling?
- Distracting questions from other learners
- Surroundings of the distant learner
- Inappropriate comments in chat
- Motivation of the learners in the class
An instructor has been hired to instruct a pre-packaged course; however, the site manager informs the instructor that the learners have been overly prepared for the course and that the first three chapters of the material should already be known by the learners. Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
- Skip the first three chapters of the material and spend more time on the remaining material.
- Skip the first three chapters of the material and reduce the length of the course accordingly,
- Quickly cover the first three chapters of the material ensuring the learners actually know it.
- Follow the syllabus and pre-set time table as the course has been designed.
An instructor is teaching a class that is filled with a variety of acronyms and technical jargon. Which of the following would help reinforce the definitions of the terms while using the least amount of classroom time?
- Create written vocabulary quizzes for each module of the course.
- Provide and use a reference page or glossary of terms.
- Ask the learners to review the terms in the materials during breaks.
- Have the learners quiz each other over the terms in the first part of class.
An instructor is being observed while teaching a virtual class with learners from different parts of the country. During the presentation the instructor uses a few colloquialisms. Which of the following is the BEST action for the observer to take?
- Let the instructor keep on going because the training has to get done.
- Have the instructor explain the colloquialisms to the learner and go on.
- Have the instructor tell the learners to take a break and correct the instructor.
- Go to a private chat and explain to the instructor what they are doing wrong.
An instructor is preparing an application form for a new class which presents intermediate level material on a particular topic. Which of the following information should be included on the form?
- The students’ education level
- The students’ gender
- The students’ experience
- The students’ employer
After several discussions, a client is insisting that a training course be cut from two days to just one. Which of the following is the BEST way to proceed?
- Adjust the material as necessary
- Delay the course until other arrangements can be made
- Cancel the course
- Make no adjustments to the material
A contract trainer is hired to deliver a business writing class for an accounting department of a large organization. The terminal objective for the class is to decrease the amount of time workers spend writing the annual report. Which of the following shows how the trainer might BEST measure the group’s improvement?
- A trainer should attempt to measure performance on an objective service instead.
- Ask the controller what percentage of improvement they think the organization will experience as a result of the training.
- Create a pre-test and deliver it at the beginning of the class and again at the end of the class.
- Create a post-class essay question and assign the essay as a final test of the group’s writing improvement.
After evaluation of the course content, a section of class is not needed for this audience. Which of the following is the BEST solution?
- Teach the course as it was designed by the development team.
- Remove the content and expand on other objectives.
- Explain the need for the content to the organization.
- Replace the content with an unwritten topic.
When a student in a lab is kept from participating due to a technical problem the instructor should FIRST:
- Ignore the problem and work with the student during a break so the class is not disturbed.
- Concentrate on getting the student’s technical problem solved so they can learn with the rest of the class.
- Try to quickly analyze the problem to resolve the issue.
- Have another learner help the student while the instructor continues teaching.
During an extensive needs analysis, the training group discovers that the organization’s call center team is failing to mention add-on products and there are a large number of customer calls which are either abandoned or escalate to call center managers. The marketing area is adamant that call center agents refer to the add-on products in order to increase sales. In designing a training solution, the FIRST step should be to:
- Review or revisit call center standards.
- Create a special session just for the managers.
- Provide a cheat sheet for the add-on products.
- Monitor the agents for a week to truly understand their world.
After completing a block of instruction, several learners have questions on how the material would apply to their situation. Which of the following could the instructor do to show the students the relevance of the material? (Select TWO).
- Move on to new material as there is a lot more to cover
- Review the content again
- Explain that it will become clear later
- Solicit the class for relevant stories
- Relay anecdotes illustrating the use of the material
Which of the following can a virtual trainer use to elicit feedback if they host asynchronous training sessions?
- Website links to external websites
- Demonstrations during the session
- Close-ended questions during the session
- Host discussion areas on the website
A learner is attempting to complete a content rich online training module. Which of the following will inhibit the learner’s ability to retain information in this setting?
- Minimal use of small graphics
- Bold text fonts introducing new topic areas
- The topic of the lesson
- Use of many long videos
A participant logs in 15 minutes late for a one-hour synchronous training. Which of the following would be the leader’s MOST appropriate response to the participant?
- Ignore the participant completely. They should have logged in on time.
- “Welcome! Glad you decided to finally join us today. Since you missed the opening exercises, you might want to just try back another day.”
- “Welcome! Please see the assistant to review what was missed.”
- “Welcome! Let me briefly review the content missed. We are currently on lesson two.”
A trainer has included a long, high-resolution video to clarify a topic. The video did not work well at several locations due to bandwidth issues. Which of the following is the BEST alternative?
- Continue using the video because it works at other locations
- Use a few photos discussing what was covered by the video
- Provide a link to download the video before viewing
- Include the topic in the outline but skip over it in class
A trainer is preparing to present a class for non-technical students. Which of the following would be the BEST media to prepare?
- Computer-generated printouts of the material
- Video podcasts of the training sessions
- Audio files explaining the processes in the class
- Virtual training sessions providing a comfortable environment
A trainer uses a humorous anecdote that they often use at a certain point in the material. After telling the story, the trainer senses a change in facial expression and body language from one student. Which of the following is the MOST appropriate action for the trainer to take?
- On the next break, ask the student privately whether the anecdote was effective
- Ask for a show of hands of those who did not like the anecdote
- Approach the student immediately and ask if everything is alright
- Call an impromptu break and ask what the student thought about the anecdote