Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 14
An instructor receives a graphic that needs to be used as an exhibit in a virtual classroom. The graphic type is not compatible for use with the virtual classroom software or the presentation software. The graphic must be shown in the class. Which of the following should the instructor try FIRST?
- Attempt to open the graphic on another computer and use that computer to run the virtual classroom.
- During the class, ask the learners if they are able to open the given file type. If so, provide the graphic file via email.
- Ask the provider of the graphic to provide a compatible file format of the graphic.
- Re-create the graphic using another software tool.
While teaching, an instructor comes across an important point. Which of the following shows how an instructor could BEST communicate this to the students? (Select TWO).
- Cover it just like the other material
- Use a monotone delivery method
- Change the pitch of delivery
- Highlight in the instructor’s manual
- Use more pronounced hand gestures
While teaching in a virtual classroom, the trainer uses which of the following to mitigate disruptions?
- Keep all interactions public within the virtual classroom.
- Create a discussion forum for the trainer to use with the learners.
- Use private chat rooms with trainer monitoring.
- Force particular disagreements to be directed to the entire group.
A corporate trainer has their session recorded on video as a part of their evaluation. Throughout the video, the evaluator noticed that the trainer stood in front of the room throughout the entire session. The presenter MOST lacks which of the following methods of communication with learners?
- Opportunities for questions and answers
- Interpersonal skills
- Group involvement
- Management of course flow and training activities
Which of the following should a trainer do during a training session if they become interested in a student and want to learn more about their personal relationships?
- Continue to conduct the training session
- On a break talk to the student in private
- During introductions ask all the students about their personal relationships
- Inquire about the student to ensure they are not in a relationship
A trainer becomes aware that the students appear to be laughing quietly during the presentation of serious technical material. Which of the following actions should the trainer take?
- Inform the student that their actions are inappropriate and they should stop.
- Attempt to determine if a word used during training has a different meaning locally.
- On break, report the behavior to the training center for proper disciplinary actions.
- Tell a humorous story to achieve a bigger laugh.
During the start of a class an instructor uses jargon and acronyms that are familiar to most of the learners and that are part of the course content. Which of the following BEST describes what the instructor is doing?
- The instructor is establishing credibility and using appropriate communication skills.
- The instructor should avoid using jargon and acronyms before explaining them because it could confuse the learners.
- The instructor is establishing credibility but is not using appropriate communication skills.
- By using jargon and acronyms the instructor is being arrogant and showing off their skill level in the subject matter.
During a course an instructor notices that the course content seems to leave out important but not critical information regarding the subject matter. Which of the following statements describes the NEXT action the instructor should take that would be most beneficial to the current students?
- Suggest supplemental training resources at the end of class.
- Inform the learners of the important information and that it will be added to the course material in the future.
- Purchase additional training resources and incorporate them into the class.
- Contact the course designer and recommend adding the additional material.
A contract trainer is delivering a customized course at a client site. In each of the last two sessions, the client has noted that the material contains incorrect information regarding several products. The client now notices that the mistakes are still in the material. The trainer has mentioned this problem twice to the development team and is frustrated. The BEST option for the trainer is to:
- Create supplemental handouts with the correct product information.
- Call the manager of the development department and emphasize the department’s incompetence.
- Tell the client to take personal responsibility to ensure the mistakes are corrected.
- Skip delivering that portion of the course until the material is updated.
Which of the following questions is more likely to require students to think through the answer?
- “From the list on the board, which did we discuss first?”
- “What are the causes of …?”
- “Yes or no…?”
- “Which do you like better…?”
An instructor is using an example where the students are contractors for an organization and have been brought in to perform a specific task. The instructor then begins to question the students regarding the example. This is using which of the following questioning types?
Which of the following describes a high-order question type?
- An instructor asks a specific student a question.
- An instructor tells a fictitious story to illustrate an example.
- An instructor asks how many steps are in a process.
- An instructor asks learners to compare and contrast two elements.
An online exam has just begun in a classroom setting. The instructor notices that a student has not started the exam and is avoiding eye contact. The student is MOST likely:
The BEST way to get learners to contribute to a discussion is to:
- Listen to what the learners are saying.
- Provide handouts to learners.
- Set expectations at the beginning of the course.
- Encourage learners to ask questions.
It is obvious that the class is becoming uninterested in the material being taught. Which of the following is the BEST way to remedy the situation?
- Provide more notes on the content.
- Provide links to a website with more information on the material.
- Provide detailed review of the material.
- Provide tangible rewards for correct answers.
Allowing the learners to generate a scenario is an example of:
- Closed questions.
- Hypothetical questioning.
- Higher-order questioning.
- Probing questions.
Which of the following is a reason that none of the learners respond to a trainer’s closed-ended question?
- Learners may not know the answer to the specific question.
- The question was not directed to a specific student to answer.
- The trainer is pausing too long for a response.
- Closed-end questions do not require answers.
Which of the following is a reason learners are NOT responding to questions from a trainer?
- The trainer is an expert and the learners do not have questions.
- Only open-ended questions are being asked and learners do not know the specific answers.
- The trainer is providing positive feedback when questions are asked.
- The trainer is not pausing long enough before answering the questions themselves.
Which of the following methods should be used to positively motivate students in a mandatory training session?
- Create empathy with the students by stating you do not want to be there either.
- Allow students to determine their break times to provide them a feeling of control.
- Rush through the material so that the class ends early.
- Inform students that their participation in the class will be evaluated and reported.
An instructor is tasked with adding more interaction to an online synchronous program. Which of the following is the MOST important factor for the instructor to consider?
- Physical location of the students
- Using more email exchanges
- Variation of learning activities
- The holiday schedule