Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 15
During a synchronous class, a participant is presenting when the participant’s dog begins to bark. Which of the following should the instructor do to BEST eliminate the distraction?
- Mute the participant and use private chat to ask if they are ready to proceed
- Laugh audibly and then comment that the instructor’s dog also barks during sessions
- Allow the distraction to continue until the participant is finished presenting the point
- Interrupt the participant mid-sentence and scold the participant
After completing a block of instruction, the instructor notices students nodding and posing hypothetical questions with answers. This MOST likely indicates which of the following?
- The students need to hear the entire lesson again
- The students understand the material
- The students are confused on the material
- The students need a review on the instruction block
Which of the following should an instructor be sure to include in the introduction of a beginner’s class?
- The instructor evaluation form
- The course evaluation form
- The employment opportunities
- The outline for the first lesson
The trainer assigns a lab and then wanders around the room observing the students. The trainer makes comments or helps students some of the time. Which of the following would be the BEST feedback for a student who has finished the lab early without difficulties?
- Ask the student to describe to the class how the lab ties in with the topic
- Ignore the student; other students need more help
- Watch the student in future labs to ensure no cheating is occurring
- Quietly comment on how the student has done a good job
A class has just finished a group assignment. To save time and generate immediate feedback, the instructor has the groups exchange the assignments for grading. This is an example of:
- Providing opportunities for learner and group banter.
- Encouraging interactions respectful of individual learners.
- Reconciling learner discrepancies as a group.
- Communicating learner performance with other groups.
The phrase “I can do this, if they can” represents which of the following forms of motivation?
- Building a model of success socially
- Exploitation of personal interests
- Using criterion-referenced learning
- Utilization of situational awareness
In the following scenario, the learners all scored well on the exit assessment. However, upon returning to work, the learners were unable to use any of the learned processes. Which of the following BEST represents the information transfer?
- Teaching how but not why
- Poor managerial support
- Success in problem-solving training
- Recall in hypothetical situations
On the first day of a course, the trainer realizes that a friend is taking the course. Which of the following actions should the trainer take?
- Proceed with the course; no additional action is required
- Avoid eye contact during the course
- Have the friend reschedule their course
- During introductions inform the students of the situation
During a virtual class session, the trainer is having issues with learners speaking at the same time during a discussion. Which of the following actions should the trainer take?
- Disable the chat feature to avoid interruptions by learners
- Review the policy on proper etiquette for online chat
- Post the lesson online for learners to view
- Have learners podcast their comments to the instructor
Which of the following is the BEST way to motivate and reinforce learners?
- Probe learners for information
- Tell stories during the class
- Use a variety of techniques during training
- Provide end-of-course exams
The instructor noticed that a discussion was getting off track and out of control. Which of the following question types can help the instructor gain control of the discussion?
An instructor has almost finished discussing a new topic when a learner is observed making unusual facial expressions. The instructor’s BEST response is to:
- Determine and apply appropriate motivational strategies for the learner.
- Wait and monitor learner progress during training.
- Confirm the communication identifies the need for clarification or feedback.
- Maintain a consistent behavior with all learners.
An instructor needs to actively facilitate learning by: (Select TWO).
- Making the training relevant to the learner and their job.
- Showing how the training will benefit the learners.
- Allowing the learners to set their own goals.
- Guiding their time to get the most out of the class.
- Lecturing as the primary form of course communication.
While the class is working on training modules, the instructor intermittently polls them to determine their pace in relationship to the daily objectives. Which of the following BEST describes what skill the instructor is demonstrating?
- Determine and apply appropriate motivational strategies for individual learners.
- Provide assistance for learners to identify and achieve initial, intermediate and terminal objectives.
- Control the flow and timing of the course based on learner needs ensuring that objectives are covered.
- Monitor learner comfort level during the use of participatory activities.
While teaching a class the instructor constantly notices a learner is straining to see the information on the whiteboard and is looking frustrated. The instructor asked the class if everyone understands the material, and the learners confirmed that they all understand the material. Which of the following can the instructor do to improve the learning opportunities for the frustrated learner? (Select TWO).
- Ask the learner to sit closer to the whiteboard so it can be seen easier.
- Approach the learner during lunch to see if the material is being understood.
- Ask one of the advanced learners to check on the frustrated learner.
- Give the learner homework to see if they understand the lesson.
- Call the learner to the front of the class to explain some of the material.
During a training class, a few aggressive learners continued to dominate the question and answer sessions. Which of the following is the FIRST course of action for the instructor to take?
- Talk to the learners on break and reprimand them.
- Do not make eye contact with these learners when looking for answers.
- Ignore the learners so they will know not to answer the questions anymore.
- Tell the learners to give other learners a chance.
The only advanced learner is polite but obviously bored. Which of the following is the BEST way to improve the learner’s class experience?
- Ask the learner if they would like to assist in room preparation and class documentation.
- Ask the learner if they would like to prepare to teach a lecture of the class.
- Ask the other learners to quiz the expertise of the advanced learner.
- Ask the learner to cite real world examples to use in class.
A company is hosting a major training event which several other companies have been invited to attend. The instructor is onsite and has already started the training. All of a sudden, the fire alarm goes off and everyone is instructed to leave the facility. After a 30-minute delay, everyone is instructed to reenter the building. Which of the following actions is the BEST way for the instructor to get the training back on schedule?
- Keep the learners 30 minutes longer to make up the training
- Reschedule the training for another day
- Continue the training as scheduled and do not make it up
- Adjust the schedule to allow 30 minutes for lunch instead of one hour
A trainer read that frequent evaluations are considered better for evaluating student progress than a single exam at the end of the course. Which of the following would be the BEST example of such evaluations?
- Student labs led by the instructor during class
- The trainer’s mental notes about the students’ ability
- The trainer evaluation form filled out by the students
- Short tests developed by the trainer
From the surveys, which of the following measurement tools will give the trainer the MOST meaningful assessment on how successful a course was to a particular audience?
- True/false questions
- The Likert scale
- Open-ended questions
- The comment section