Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 17
Fifteen minutes before class is to start, a trainer realizes there is no overhead projector or screen to deliver the presentation. Which of the following solutions will minimize impact to the learning experience while minimizing class delay and cost?
- Make paper copies of the presentation to distribute to the class.
- Rent a projector and screen to deliver the presentation.
- Refuse to deliver the training course because the environment does not meet the requirements.
- Explain that a great presentation was prepared but a lecture approach will be used.
Which of the following methods of delivery allows the learner to act out aspects of the course topics?
- Role playing
A trainer gave a one-hour, continuous lecture on a technical topic to a diverse audience. Many learners were lost and therefore became disgruntled and uninterested. The BEST approach for delivering the content would have been to:
- Cut the lecture in half and offer virtual content for self-paced learning.
- Hold a discussion period first, then lecture for the remaining time.
- Segment the lecture into two 30-minute blocks.
- Engage learners using various learning activities within the hour.
Which of the following is the GREATEST drawback in implementing streaming videos to enhance learning and engage the audience?
- Internet speed
- Volume control
- Sound quality
- Video quality
Which of the following is a disadvantage of using handouts?
- Some students will be able to find pertinent information
- Some students think handouts take the place of note taking
- Students are more likely to pay attention to the presentation
- Students who peruse the handout might think of questions to ask
Which of the following should a trainer do if they need to hold training sessions once a week during a ten-week period, but also need to travel out of state during two of those weeks?
- Skip the material during the two out-of-state weeks
- Extend the training to 12 weeks and hold two sessions a week
- Hold virtual training sessions when needed
- Cancel the class until a ten-week period can be arranged
A classroom instructor wants to deliver an exam using the Internet-enabled computers in the classroom. The instructor wants students to have access to the exam only from the classroom on a specific date and time. Which of the following will accomplish these goals?
- Make the exam available just before it is to be taken.
- Set a password to open the exam during class time.
- Make the exam available only on the date specified.
- Ask students to keep the password a secret.
An instructor is teaching a course to learners with limited experience. During the course, one learner asks the instructor to further explain a concept that was just taught. Which of the following provides the MOST effective way for the instructor to respond? (Select TWO).
- Provide the learner with an additional handout during the class
- Tell the learner to conduct additional research after the class
- Ask one of the other learners to provide the explanation
- Use the concept in a personal story to enhance the learner’s understanding
- Probe the learner to clarify the level of confusion on the topic
Which of the following media should a trainer use to provide the objectives to students in a virtual course?
- Direct the students to the publisher’s website
- Email the material to the students
- Provide handouts to the students
- Post the objectives in the front of the classroom
A learner profiles as a traditional learner, but interactions with the instructor are very important to the learner to ensure that their specific learning needs are addressed. Which of the following delivery methods would be BEST for this learner?
- Role play
Which of the following formats is MOST effective when using the polling function in synchronous virtual classrooms?
- Fill in the blank
- Multiple choice
- Essay function
Which of the following would be BEST used with tactile learners?
- Implied agreement
- Hands-on activities
- Audio recordings
- Teacher demonstrations
In an asynchronous learning environment, the instructor should avoid:
- Integrating typed text into visuals.
- Explaining online visuals using jargon.
- Combining visuals with audio.
- Using visual props during presentations.
During a training session, the trainer becomes aware that a student in the first row of the class appears to be having difficulty viewing material displayed on the screen in the front of the classroom. Which of the following actions should the trainer perform FIRST?
- Stop using the screen to present the slides for class
- Discontinue using the slides
- On the next break print out the slides for the students
- Turn the lights off in the classroom to allow better viewing of the slides
While delivering a course, the trainer notices that the examples included with the pre-written material are less than adequate. Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate action for the trainer to take?
- Create spontaneous examples as needed
- Incorporate commercial third-party material as deemed appropriate
- Replace the material with another vendor’s material
- Deliver the material as intended by the developer
Which of the following is a non-verbal communication method an instructor should use?
- Eye contact
- Proper use of jargon
- Correct vocabulary
- Voice intonation
A student insists on asking advanced non-relevant questions during class. The instructor believes the student is challenging their knowledge. Which of the following shows how the instructor would BEST handle the situation?
- Address the issue in private with the student at the next break.
- Address the issue by removing the student from the classroom.
- Address the issue publicly in front of the class.
- Address the issue by ignoring the student.
A student makes several mistakes while working on a computer-based lab. The trainer should:
- Assist the student in repeating the lab.
- Complete the lab for the student to keep the pace of the class.
- Explain to all students the mistakes that were made.
- Restart the student’s computer to see if that fixes the problem.
The trainer is teaching a class unexpectedly comprised of students who speak a different language than the instructor. By the first break it is obvious many of the students are having trouble understanding the instruction. Which of the following is the NEXT step for the trainer?
- Be sure to enunciate all appropriate jargon and acronyms so the students learn the material
- Speak very slowly and distinctly so the students cannot misunderstand
- Reschedule the class until proper accommodations can be made for the students
- Speak with those who arranged for the class to discuss appropriate options
While facilitating learning, the trainer must:
- continue talking while writing on the board to maximize time.
- use abbreviations on the board when possible to save time while instructing.
- use technical jargon when possible to gain rapport with the learners.
- use correct vocabulary, grammar, and syntax in both verbal communication and board writing.