Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 18
A problem occurs while delivering a course. The trainer was not prepared for this problem and needs to maintain credibility with the class. The trainer should:
- Continue training as if nothing happened.
- Make the problem a learning moment.
- Blame other members of the training team.
- Fault the training materials for the problem.
During a class, a student points out that one of the procedures that was explained has recently changed and the wrong steps are being taught. Which of the following should the trainer do to maintain an expert status with the class?
- On a break verify the information and inform the class of the findings.
- Inform the class the student is incorrect.
- Ask the student if they are an expert and let them know not to interrupt.
- Inform the client that they need to change their material to match the procedure.
A trainer overhears students talking about the last class and how unqualified the trainer was for that class. Which of the following should the trainer do to establish credibility?
- Find out who the last trainer was and inform the trainer not to work for the client anymore.
- Let the client know about the conversation and have them reassure the students.
- Approach the students and tell them the last trainer was new and is no longer working for the company.
- During the introductions to the class, present certifications and credentials.
Which of the following are the BEST methods for assessing learners’ knowledge of an objective when their work entails life-or-death decision-making skills? (Select TWO).
- Scenario-based learning
- Course surveys
- Teach back
- Situational interest
- Exclusion from a list
The BEST way for an instructor to provide an introduction to the course content is to:
- Hand out course evaluations.
- Summarize the topics discussed.
- Conduct a course overview.
- Give examples on specific topics.
During a training session, a learner asks an instructor an irrelevant question regarding politics. Which of the following BEST indicates how the instructor should respond?
- Ask another learner to answer the question
- Conduct a group discussion
- Answer the learner’s question
- Explain politics is not applicable to the discussion
An analogy in a classroom setting is the:
- Use of information in terms of existing experiences.
- Only instance where humor is accepted.
- Insertion of examples the learners are unfamiliar with.
- Way to concentrate all learners on the objective.
A trainer is suspecting that a specific learner is not grasping the material that was just covered. Which of the following question types would BEST determine this student’s comprehension?
- Clarifying question
- Direct question
- Open question
- Probing question
Which of the following is an advantage to using the probing question type?
- It allows learners to think more deeply on the topic.
- It allows the trainer to silence a chatty student.
- It gives learners the chance to learn from each other.
- It allows learners to test their understanding of the topic.
Working independently, several learners are completing a computer lab assignment. One learner wants to know when an advanced topic related to the lab will be covered in the course. Which of the following should be the instructor’s response?
- Tell the learner that you are unsure but will email the learner with the answer.
- Tell the learner when the topic will be covered.
- Direct the learner to consult another student.
- Ask the learner why it is important to have this information.
Last week, a trainer completed lecturing on a topic. This week, a learner asks a question related to last week’s topic. Which of the following techniques should be used when attempting to encourage learners to answer questions themselves?
- Use closed questions
- Refer to online references
- Ask probing questions
- Review last week’s material
A trainer asks each learner to present a different chapter of the textbook in front of the class. During one presentation, another learner asks the presenter a question that the presenter cannot answer. Which of the following is the BEST action from a trainer who strives to involve all learners?
- The trainer asks a specific learner to answer the question.
- The trainer asks if anyone in the class knows the answer.
- The trainer answers the question.
- The trainer asks all learners to read a specific page in the textbook.
An instructor is lecturing a class shortly after lunch. Learners are starting to appear restless and are paying less attention to the instructor. Which of the following is the BEST action for the instructor to take?
- Give the learners a break so they refresh themselves
- Ask learners if they have any questions about the material
- Conduct a review of the material to assess what the learners have retained
- Use a variety of delivery methods to reinforce training and motivate learners
A student has incorrectly answered a trainer’s question. Which of the following responses should the trainer use? (Select TWO).
- Try to clarify the question based on the student’s answer
- Provide hints that will help the student see what was really desired
- Explain how clearly wrong the answer is
- Do not ask any further questions and continue on with the class
- Ask if any other students are more intelligent and can answer correctly
Which of the following virtual tools would be BEST for students in an online synchronous class to indicate they have a question?
- Click the No button
- Call the tech support line to forward the question
- Email the question to the instructor
- Send the question over the chat line
Which of the following questioning types would be used to compare and contrast a complex concept?
- Higher order
When facilitating a group discussion, the trainer must: (Select TWO).
- Put learners together who do not cooperate.
- Handle disruptions discreetly.
- Encourage respectful interactions.
- Abruptly interrupt any conversations that go off topic.
- Give close-ended questions to groups.
- Put learners of the same level together.
The MOST effective technique for encouraging learners to interact and share ideas, while attaining the objectives of the course and developing learner confidence, is to facilitate a(n):
- Classroom debate.
- Group dynamic.
- Discussion group.
- Online lecture.
An instructor is assigned to deliver training with several objectives that require a team approach. Which of the following seating configurations would BEST encourage participants to work together in teams?
- Round tables
- U-shaped seating
- Assigned classroom seating
- Rectangular tables
In an asynchronous learning environment:
- the learner is allowed to learn at their own pace without time constraints.
- the learner and the instructor must be located within the same classroom at the same time.
- a combination of live classroom and live on-line learning are utilized.
- the learner and the instructor work together using various Internet technologies.