Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 20
Which of the following is MOST likely to motivate an at-risk student?
- Clarifying that there are no winners or losers in the classroom
- Allowing the student to make multiple attempts at the labs and providing praise for effort
- Explaining that the student’s learning disability is the cause of a failure
- Providing customized labs that can be completed successfully by the student
By the first break in a mandatory course, the students’ non-verbal communication demonstrates a lack of connection with the subject matter. The instructor can then:
- Use more elaborative questioning to elicit connections.
- Continue with the course and make no adjustments.
- Create scenarios on more interesting topics than the objective.
- Remind the students that this is a requirement.
Mastery goal setting has better success because it leads to:
- Immediate results.
- Better grades in class.
- Competition with others.
- Improvement over time.
A learner finds that the procedures taught in a course fit perfectly into the needs of the business. When returning to work the student finds that their workload yields insufficient time to perform the procedures. Which of the following BEST represents the failure in information transfer?
- Teaching how but not why
- Poor managerial support
- Recall in practical situations
- Failure of problem-solving training
When delivering terminal objective information, the instructor should include which of the following motivators? (Select TWO).
- Bring statistics from other classes
- Explain this is part of their job responsibilities
- Use multitasking teaching methods
- Involve other classmates in the explanation
- Focus on the benefits of the objective
During the course introduction, a student expresses that an objective they expected to be covered in the course is not listed. Which of the following actions should the trainer perform?
- Inform the student that they may not want to finish the course
- Remove the student’s evaluation of the course
- Comment that the objective topic is not required
- Direct the student to additional resources on the objective
During classroom instruction, a trainer notices that one of the students is disconnected. Which of the following actions should the trainer take?
- Direct a question to the student to engage them in the class
- Approach the student’s manager about the problem
- Avoid the student since they indicate they do not want attention
- Assign a short assessment during instruction
A trainer happens to notice throughout a session that one learner is getting assistance from another learner on all of the assignments. Which of the following would be the BEST approach to diffuse this behavior?
- Move the learner who is assisting the other learner to another area in the room.
- Inform both learners that they will not receive credit for this particular session.
- Ask the learner who is assisting to allow for individuals to contribute equally.
- Allow the behavior to continue because the assessment means very little.
A trainer has just covered a procedure within the lesson. Which of the following questioning techniques would be BEST when assessing an individual learner?
Which of the following will motivate learners MOST during a course?
- Instructional relevancy
- Frequent assessments to gauge understanding
- Cost of the course
- Prior knowledge of the learners
Which of the following is considered an advantage of using a relay question?
- It allows the instructor to engage more than one participant with the same question
- It prevents the instructor from injecting value judgments on the material being presented
- It allows the instructor to test an individual’s understanding against a performance objective
- It prevents participants from upstaging the instructor
Which of the following activities is BEST when a group of workers in a class includes a high number of active learners?
- Watching a video
- Role play
- Silent reading
- Flip chart exercise
A trainer completes a detailed module. Several of the students ask for links or something that they can use to get the details, because they were not able to take notes fast enough. Which of the following would be best for the trainer to do FIRST?
- Quickly search online for a website or two that appears to cover the data.
- After class that night contact the course developer to request additional study material.
- Give a homework assignment to search the web; the next day, review the suggestions in class.
- Look through the files for an appropriate handout to give the next day.
Which of the following words is MOST likely used in a higher-order question?
While the trainer is performing administrative functions at a desk, a student approaches the trainer and asks a question. Which of the following employs active listening?
- Stop working and focus on the student asking the question.
- Continue working while listening to the student.
- Focus on the student behind the one asking the question.
- Stare at the student while listening to the question.
A learner in an asynchronous e-learning course is having problems retaining the information from the course. Which of the following is the BEST solution to the learner’s problem?
- Direct the learner to a more introductory course.
- Inform the learner’s supervisor of the concerns.
- Have the learner take notes during the lessons.
- Wait for a required assessment and report the lack of knowledge.
A trainer is in the middle of making a point with difficult material when a learner asks a question that is slightly off-topic. Which of the following is the BEST course of action for the trainer to take?
- Answer the question immediately so it will not hang in the background distracting others
- Inform the student that it is an off-topic question and has no place within the material
- Redirect the question to another learner so their knowledge can be shared with the class
- Defer the question, promising to get back to it as soon as is reasonable
The drawback to using open-ended questions toward the beginning of a synchronous virtual class is:
- response in a virtual class is too time-consuming for discussions at the start of class.
- virtual learners will be thrown off; they are expecting visual presentations.
- open-ended questioning is inappropriate for a virtual class.
- personal commentary is contradictory to the efficient impersonal design of virtual classes.
The least experienced learner in a class is falling behind. Which of the following is the BEST method for addressing this issue?
- Ask the advanced learners for a volunteer to assist the lesser experienced learner.
- Set up a private consultation with the learner to create an action plan.
- Provide the learner with an audio tape for review after class.
- Ask the learner which advanced learner they would prefer to work with.
An instructor is ending a training course and has covered all the material. The instructor has just conducted a final summary of the material. Which of the following should the instructor do NEXT?
- Provide an end of course critique to the learners.
- Conduct an assessment to ensure the learning objectives have been met.
- Ask the learners if they have any questions.
- Thank the learners for their participation and conclude the course.