Last Updated on July 16, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 21
Which of the following is the BEST indicator of a student learning the content in the short term?
- A trainer evaluation with glowing comments about the trainer
- The learner scoring high on a 10-question quiz on the last day
- The learner correctly answering almost all questions on periodic quizzes
- The trainer’s evaluation based on the learner’s attitude
Which of the following allows the trainer to evaluate student progress easily and quickly?
- Develop exams for the course using recognized and objective measurement principles.
- Periodically ask students open-ended questions.
- Ask students about the progress of the student next to them.
- Require students to mark off a checklist of objectives once each is thoroughly mastered.
A trainer arrives onsite and prepares for class. The trainer should review which of the following items?
- Job openings within the clients’ organizations
- The course evaluation form
- Local events and activities
- The dress code for the class
A trainer wants to be able to verify that the students’ knowledge has increased on the course subject. Which of the following methods should a trainer use to verify the increase in knowledge?
- Evaluate the students at the end of the course on their knowledge.
- Ask the students if they have learned anything from the course.
- Survey the students on the trainer’s teaching ability.
- Conduct pre-course and post-course evaluations of the students.
A good method of evaluating the effectiveness of a past training course is to:
- Choose several delivery methods.
- Ask for audience feedback during breaks.
- Revise the content of training from session to session.
- Review data and comments from surveys.
Which of the following indicates how a trainer can BEST utilize feedback received from participant evaluations?
- Justification for any report critiquing the learning objectives
- A final assessment tool to evaluate the learner’s knowledge
- A tool toward improving the trainer’s future performance
- Evidence to the client that participants learned the topics covered
A company wants to develop a training course that will help develop job skills as well as broaden the knowledge of their employees. The instructor has developed the training course and has already begun teaching. Which of the following would be the BEST method for the instructor to evaluate the learners? (Select TWO).
- Provide quizzes and written exams on the learning objectives
- Conduct practical applications and role plays
- Ask the learners to complete an end-of-course critique
- Encourage the learners to ask questions
- Review the learning objectives periodically during training
While preparing to teach a course at an organization, the trainer sees that part of the contract is the ability for students to contact the trainer with questions after the conclusion of the training. Which of the following is the BEST support information to provide to the students?
- The trainer’s home phone number
- The trainer’s email address
- The company representative’s phone number
- The trainer’s company website address
During a five-day course, an instructor wishes to evaluate the students both formally and informally in order to gauge their progress before the final evaluation. Which of the following techniques, when assigned daily, would BEST accomplish this task? (Select TWO).
- Verbal feedback
- Virtual case studies
- Written comments
- Written assessments
- Verbal evaluations
Which of the following information would a trainer use from a course evaluation to improve their training methods?
- Students’ evaluation of the learning environment
- Students’ evaluation of the objectives for the course
- Students’ evaluation of the pace of the course
- Students’ evaluation of the course content
Which of the following are the BEST ways for an instructor to assess learning? (Select TWO).
- Summarize the objectives
- Post-survey on the course
- Pre-course exam
- Written exam
- Role playing
A learner has repeatedly taken different computer components and assembled them into a working computer, each time in front of the instructor. However, the student cannot pass the written examination on the subject. Which of the following would be the BEST action by the instructor?
- Consult the learning objectives and grade the student accordingly.
- Stress to the student that it is important to pass the written exam as well as the practical exam.
- Ask the student’s advisor if the written exam can be waived.
- Provide additional materials to the student to help pass the written exam.
Which of the following are reasons trainers compile an end-of-class report? (Select TWO).
- To document any disciplinary issues that arose with training personnel
- To document any modifications the trainer made from course designa
- To evaluate the success of course design
- To protect the trainer from participant formal complaints
- To evaluate the competence of the course designer
The MAIN reason for conducting end-of-course assessments is to:
- Recognize the learner with the highest exam percentage.
- Determine which learners will retake the training.
- Assess the needs of the organization.
- Compare learner achievement to course objectives.
After completing instruction on a topic, which of the following tasks would the instructor perform to evaluate learner retention? (Select TWO).
- Give the students a break to absorb the information.
- Watch for non-verbal communication from the students.
- Create a hypothetical scenario.
- Generate a skills inventory on the next subject.
- Perform a teach-back through role play.
- Ask probing questions to select students.
A trainer is designing a lab to evaluate the learners’ ability to apply the information learned. They want to provide the learners with feedback from the evaluation. Which of the following evaluation methods will provide the BEST feedback?
- Classroom ranking scale
- Self assessment
- Grading rubric comparison
- Percentage score
On several end-of-course evaluations, a trainer noticed that participants stated that the pace of the course was too slow. Which of the following actions should the trainer take?
- Adjust the pace of the training and check periodically with the participants to see if further adjustments need to be made.
- Set expectations for the training at the beginning so the participants will know what pace to expect.
- Continue the training as delivered because the leader’s guide was followed and that is what was most important.
- Test participants at the beginning of the course and exempt anyone who makes a predetermined score.
After teaching a class, a trainer needs to address the fact that an entire domain of material is missing from the course. Which of the following should the trainer do?
- Discuss with the contact about an additional class session to cover the missing material.
- Contact the course developer and report the missing topics, providing suggestions where appropriate.
- Purchase material from a different vendor for future classes on the subject.
- Create material for the missing topics and send it on to the course developer for inclusion in future versions.
A company has provided material to use for IT training. After analyzing the needs assessment, the instructor realizes that the company will need some additional content. Which of the following would be the BEST action for the instructor to take?
- Ask the company to modify its needs to coincide with the materials.
- Modify the materials to meet the needs of the company.
- Inform the company that the course design cannot be changed.
- Meet with the company to conduct another needs assessment.
During pre-course communications the instructor discovers that the course is different than the one expected by the class. Which of the following would be the BEST course of action?
- Conduct the class expected by the learners.
- Contact the training coordinator and ask for further instructions.
- Cancel the class because not enough time was given to prepare for the unexpected subject matter.
- Conduct the class according to new material.