Last Updated on June 14, 2021 by InfraExam
DevNet Associate (Version 1.0) – DevNet Associate 1.0 Practice Final Exam Answers
1. A network engineer is working on a bash script in order to automate some mundane tasks needed by the department. Why would the engineer add a she-bang (#!) to the top of the script as shown:
- The script file has specific commands that are preceded by the exclamation mark (!) and should not be executed.
- The script file has specific commands that are preceded by the pound sign (#) and should not be executed.
- The commands within the script fie are to have the output stored in the /bin/bash directory.
- The script file has commands that need to be run in the bash shell.
2. An international manufacturing company is implementing an industrial internet of things plant infrastructure. The design requires that computing resources are located as close to the user as possible. Which cloud model is suitable for this situation?
3. What are three tools used by developers for scanning code to check for well-known security issues? (Choose three.)
4. A network engineer is configuring a Jenkins job and finishing with the following script in order to trigger the build:
After saving the job, what should the engineer do next?
- Test the script in Docker.
- Run the job.
- Open the Recent Changes option to verify the results of the job.
- Manually run the samplerunning container.
5. What are three ways to mitigate SQL injection threats? (Choose three.)
- stored procedures configured with the “db_owner” rights set as default
- stateless packet-filtering firewalls
- dynamic queries
- database firewalls
- whitelist input validation
- parameterized database queries
6. What is the purpose of adding salt to the password hashing process?
- to decrease password complexity
- to increase the length of a password
- to make hashed passwords deterministic
- to create a unique hash for every password
7. Match the CI/CD software development philosophy with a description.
8. What is an operational characteristic of the local version control system?
- It locks a file once it is checked out by a user to prevent modification by others.
- It pushes a working copy of a file to a main repository after individuals have made changes.
- It allows multiple individuals to edit a working copy of a file at the same time.
- It stores a delta of two versions of a file as opposed to the file itself.
9. An organization is using the Waterfall methodology for a software development project. In what order are the SDLC phases completed when using this method?
- requirements and analysis, design, testing, implementation, deployment, maintenance
- requirements and analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance
- requirements and analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing, maintenance
- requirements and analysis, design, deployment, testing, implementation, maintenance
10. In which phase of the SDLC process does the product development team gather feedback from the potential customer on the desired features for the new software?
- requirements and analysis
11. Which Git command is used to get an initial copy on an existing Git repository for the first time?
- git add
- git copy
- git clone
- git repo
12. Refer to the exhibit. Which message format is being used?
13. A student is learning Python using the interactive interpreter mode. The student issues these commands:
Which type of Python structure is created?
- a method
- a class
- a function
- a module
14. Match the Git stage with a description.
15. How does YAML maintain data-structure hierarchy?
16. Which SDLC phase concludes with a high quality, bug-free, working piece of software that is ready for production?
17. Match the SDLC phase with its description. (Not all options are used.)
18. Which terminal command can be used to print the Python version number installed on a system?
- python -h
- python -i
- python -V
- which python
19. What are three platforms that the Firepower Management Center can run on in the overall architecture of a large enterprise? (Choose three.)
- on every router
- on a wide range of Cisco devices
- in the Secure Operations Center (SOC)
- on VMWare VSphere
- in an availability zone
- on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
20. Which two types of APIs are supported by Cisco Finesse? (Choose two.)
- Python SDK
21. An engineer is learning how to enable RESTful API access for the Cisco Meraki Dashboard. What is the first step that must be taken in order to use API calls with the Meraki enterprise cloud-managed networking infrastructure service?
- The Meraki Dashboard API must first be enabled under Organizations > Settings within the GUI.
- Each cloud-managed organization must specify API access and allow the Meraki Dashboard administrator to employ site-specific APIs.
- The engineer must first generate an API key by going to the My Profile page within the GUI.
- A GET request must be created and include header parameters including authentication credentials and the Meraki API URL.
22. What does the Intersight REST API enable an application developer to access?
- Management Information Model
- IETF Interface
- Universal Resource Locator
23. A student in the DevNet class is learning SDKS and APIS. What is the difference between an API and an SDK?
- An API is essentially a documented set of URIs, whereas an SDK is a package integrated with code examples and libraries.
- An API contains the components that have been created for a specific purpose, whereas an SDK is commonly an interface for a service.
- An API is a tool box that contains multiple SDKs, whereas each SDK allows the creation of software for a specific hardware platform.
- An API is a software development tool for developing applications, whereas an SDK is a set of protocols for building application software.
24. Which modeling language is most commonly used for data modeling?
25. Match the description to the corresponding layer of the OSI model. (Not all options are used.)
26. Which field in an 802.1Q Ethernet frame is used by switches to identify VLAN membership of the frame?
27. Which two statements are correct if a configured NTP master on a network cannot reach any clock with a lower stratum number? (Choose two.)
- The NTP master will lower its stratum number.
- The NTP master will be the clock with 1 as its stratum number.
- Other systems will be willing to synchronize to that master using NTP.
- The NTP master will claim to be synchronized at the configured stratum number.
- An NTP server with a higher stratum number will become the master.
28. What are three parts of an IPv6 global unicast address? (Choose three.)
- a global routing prefix that is used to identify the network portion of the address that has been provided by an ISP
- a global routing prefix that is used to identify the portion of the network address provided by a local administrator
- an interface ID that is used to identify the local network for a particular host
- an interface ID that is used to identify the local host on the network
- a subnet ID that is used to identify networks inside of the local enterprise site
29. Match the IPv6 address to the IPv6 address type. (Not all options are used.)
30. What attribute of a NIC would place it at the data link layer of the OSI model?
- IP address
- RJ-45 port
- attached Ethernet cable
- MAC address
- TCP/IP protocol stack
31. Match the firewall function to the type of threat protection it provides to the network. (Not all options are used.)
32. Which protocol automates assignment of IP addresses on a network, and which port number does it use? (Choose two.)
33. What are the two types of DevNet Sandboxes? (Choose two.)
- intermal-use only
34. Which fee-based Cisco DevNet developer support option provides a response time of 1 business day?
- knowledge base
- chat with DevNet
- case-based ticket
- community forum
35. When working with both a live production environment and testing code in a shared developer sandbox, what are two important rules to follow? (Choose two.)
- Never request assistance or share information in community or public environments.
- Never use publicly posted tokens or credentials in production environment.
- Never provide any identifying information in community or public environments.
- Never use a customized token in the sandbox, but instead use personal tokens that currently exist.
- Never use any personal tokens in the sandbox, but instead use a customized token for development.
36. Which DevNet resource would a student use to learn how to make REST API requests?
- DevNet Learning Labs
- DevNet Sandbox
- Code Exchange
- DevNet Support
37. Which two forums are available on the Cisco Developer Community? (Choose two.)
- Developer Automation
- Developer Networking
- Developer Coding
- Developer Support
- Developer Security
38. What are two benefits of using automation for IT infrastructure? (Choose two.)
- increased implementation of specific opinionated companion components
- increased speed in the deployment of technologies and products
- reduced user requisition requests for on-demand infrastructure
- reduced risk while working at scale
- reduced need for IT personnel and operations staff
39. Which component is required by both Puppet and Chef to be run on hosts?
- agents that query a server to determine their desired state, then converge upon it
- cron jobs that access a server to randomize access times to prevent server overload
- IPtables that enable masquerade tunneling
- certificates for authentication and encryption
40. What are two processes that can be used to execute remote scripts securely? (Choose two.)
- pipe scripts to a remote machine using cat | telnet and execute them in sequence with other commands, capturing and returning results to a local terminal
- access the built-in rexec command within Bash, target the IP address of the remote machine, and execute the Bash command
- store scripts locally, transmit them to a target machine with scp, log into the remote machine via ssh, and execute the scripts
- store scripts on a webserver, log into the remote machine, and retrieve the scripts using wget via HTTP
- store scripts in a Git repository, install git on the remote machine, clone the repo, check out a branch, and execute the scripts
41. What is an example of an SLI?
- All services provided include data integrity and security and comply with local regulations about where and how data is stored.
- 95% of requests will be served within 75 milliseconds.
- All applications being provided will offer a good-enough experience to the user base.
- 100% availability will be maintained for any services provided.
42. Which component of a software-defined infrastructure provides available cloud resources within hours or minutes of needing them?
- platform abstraction
43. A user is working on Ansible on the local NMS to manage remote network devices. The user issues the ansible webservers -m ping command to test the communication. What is the parameter ping in the command?
- a function
- a class
- a module
- a method
44. A network operator is testing a network management application that uses REST API to communicate with network devices. The operator received an HTTP response code 403 in a test step. What does this response code indicate?
- Client has not authenticated to access the site or API call.
- The page at HTTP URL location does not exist or is hidden.
- Request failed due to a client-side issue.
- Access is not granted based on supplied credentials.
45. Which three characteristics are associated with the SOAP architecture? (Choose three.)
- layered system
- uniform interface
46. A client is using an API key to authenticate and access resources on a website through a REST API. The string in the API request is GET http://example.com:8080/v1/books?API_KEY= < key >. Which component in the API request is used to provide this string?
- query string
- body data
47. Refer to the exhibit. A student is learning network automation with Python and REST API. The student constructs a small Python script to get information from a local network device. The device is a sandbox located inside the college lab and it is using a self-signed SSL certificate. Which parameter is needed in the Python code (in place of the question mark) to skip the SSL verification?
- verify = True
- verify = False
- verify = NO
- verify = YES
48. What are two features of REST APIs? (Choose two.)
- They communicate over HTTP.
- They follow the Representational State Transfer principles.
- Requests always contain data.
- Responses are always in JSON format.
- They maintain session states in communications.
49. What are two advantages of using an APl rate limit? (Choose two.)
- It protects against a DoS attack.
- It reduces the amount of overhead within the API request.
- It allows requests to be processed in a prioritized manner.
- It supports token passing so tha each client gets a turn.
- It provides better quality of service and response time.
50. Which three authentication mechanisms are used in REST APIs? (Choose three.)
- basic authentication
- open authentication
- API Key
- bearer authentication