Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50 : CEH Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50v9) : Part 07
Which of the following tools will scan a network to perform vulnerability checks and compliance auditing?
What is the best defense against privilege escalation vulnerability?
- Patch systems regularly and upgrade interactive login privileges at the system administrator level.
- Run administrator and applications on least privileges and use a content registry for tracking.
- Run services with least privileged accounts and implement multi-factor authentication and authorization.
- Review user roles and administrator privileges for maximum utilization of automation services.
How can a rootkit bypass Windows 7 operating system’s kernel mode, code signing policy?
- Defeating the scanner from detecting any code change at the kernel
- Replacing patch system calls with its own version that hides the rootkit (attacker’s) actions
- Performing common services for the application process and replacing real applications with fake ones
- Attaching itself to the master boot record in a hard drive and changing the machine’s boot sequence/options
Which of the following items of a computer system will an anti-virus program scan for viruses?
- Boot Sector
- Deleted Files
- Windows Process List
- Password Protected Files
Which protocol and port number might be needed in order to send log messages to a log analysis tool that resides behind a firewall?
- UDP 123
- UDP 541
- UDP 514
- UDP 415
A pentester is using Metasploit to exploit an FTP server and pivot to a LAN. How will the pentester pivot using Metasploit?
- Issue the pivot exploit and set the meterpreter.
- Reconfigure the network settings in the meterpreter.
- Set the payload to propagate through the meterpreter.
- Create a route statement in the meterpreter.
What is the outcome of the comm”nc -l -p 2222 | nc 10.1.0.43 1234″?
- Netcat will listen on the 10.1.0.43 interface for 1234 seconds on port 2222.
- Netcat will listen on port 2222 and output anything received to a remote connection on 10.1.0.43 port 1234.
- Netcat will listen for a connection from 10.1.0.43 on port 1234 and output anything received to port 2222.
- Netcat will listen on port 2222 and then output anything received to local interface 10.1.0.43.
Which of the following is a client-server tool utilized to evade firewall inspection?
Which tool is used to automate SQL injections and exploit a database by forcing a given web application to connect to another database controlled by a hacker?
- Cain and Abel
A tester has been hired to do a web application security test. The tester notices that the site is dynamic and must make use of a back end database.
In order for the tester to see if SQL injection is possible, what is the first character that the tester should use to attempt breaking a valid SQL request?
- Single quote
- Exclamation mark
- Double quote
Which of the following identifies the three modes in which Snort can be configured to run?
- Sniffer, Packet Logger, and Network Intrusion Detection System
- Sniffer, Network Intrusion Detection System, and Host Intrusion Detection System
- Sniffer, Host Intrusion Prevention System, and Network Intrusion Prevention System
- Sniffer, Packet Logger, and Host Intrusion Prevention System
When using Wireshark to acquire packet capture on a network, which device would enable the capture of all traffic on the wire?
- Network tap
- Layer 3 switch
- Network bridge
- Application firewall
Which of the following programming languages is most vulnerable to buffer overflow attacks?
Smart cards use which protocol to transfer the certificate in a secure manner?
- Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Point to Point Protocol (PPP)
- Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
Which of the following is a hashing algorithm?
Which of the following problems can be solved by using Wireshark?
- Tracking version changes of source code
- Checking creation dates on all webpages on a server
- Resetting the administrator password on multiple systems
- Troubleshooting communication resets between two systems
What is the correct PCAP filter to capture all TCP traffic going to or from host 192.168.0.125 on port 25?
- tcp.src == 25 and ip.host == 192.168.0.125
- host 192.168.0.125:25
- port 25 and host 192.168.0.125
- tcp.port == 25 and ip.host == 192.168.0.125
Which tool would be used to collect wireless packet data?
- John the Ripper
Which of the following is an example of two factor authentication?
- PIN Number and Birth Date
- Username and Password
- Digital Certificate and Hardware Token
- Fingerprint and Smartcard ID
Diffie-Hellman (DH) groups determine the strength of the key used in the key exchange process. Which of the following is the correct bit size of the Diffie-Hellman (DH) group 5?
- 768 bit key
- 1025 bit key
- 1536 bit key
- 2048 bit key