Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50 : CEH Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50v9) : Part 10
Which of the following is a common Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) vulnerability?
- Cross-site scripting
- SQL injection
- VPath injection
- XML denial of service issues
The intrusion detection system at a software development company suddenly generates multiple alerts regarding attacks against the company’s external webserver, VPN concentrator, and DNS servers. What should the security team do to determine which alerts to check first?
- Investigate based on the maintenance schedule of the affected systems.
- Investigate based on the service level agreements of the systems.
- Investigate based on the potential effect of the incident.
- Investigate based on the order that the alerts arrived in.
An IT security engineer notices that the company’s web server is currently being hacked. What should the engineer do next?
- Unplug the network connection on the company’s web server.
- Determine the origin of the attack and launch a counterattack.
- Record as much information as possible from the attack.
- Perform a system restart on the company’s web server.
Which of the following is a primary service of the U.S. Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)?
- CSIRT provides an incident response service to enable a reliable and trusted single point of contact for reporting computer security incidents worldwide.
- CSIRT provides a computer security surveillance service to supply a government with important intelligence information on individuals travelling abroad.
- CSIRT provides a penetration testing service to support exception reporting on incidents worldwide by individuals and multi-national corporations.
- CSIRT provides a vulnerability assessment service to assist law enforcement agencies with profiling an individual’s property or company’s asset.
Which of the following items is unique to the N-tier architecture method of designing software applications?
- Application layers can be separated, allowing each layer to be upgraded independently from other layers.
- It is compatible with various databases including Access, Oracle, and SQL.
- Data security is tied into each layer and must be updated for all layers when any upgrade is performed.
- Application layers can be written in C, ASP.NET, or Delphi without any performance loss.
If a tester is attempting to ping a target that exists but receives no response or a response that states the destination is unreachable, ICMP may be disabled and the network may be using TCP. Which other option could the tester use to get a response from a host using TCP?
- TCP ping
- Broadcast ping
Which of the following descriptions is true about a static NAT?
- A static NAT uses a many-to-many mapping.
- A static NAT uses a one-to-many mapping.
- A static NAT uses a many-to-one mapping.
- A static NAT uses a one-to-one mapping.
Which of the following network attacks takes advantage of weaknesses in the fragment reassembly functionality of the TCP/IP protocol stack?
- SYN flood
- Smurf attack
- Ping of death
Employees in a company are no longer able to access Internet web sites on their computers. The network administrator is able to successfully ping IP address of web servers on the Internet and is able to open web sites by using an IP address in place of the URL. The administrator runs the nslookup command for www.eccouncil.org and receives an error message stating there is no response from the server. What should the administrator do next?
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP ports 53 and UDP port 53.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP ports 80 and UDP port 443.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP port 53.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP port 8080.
While testing the company’s web applications, a tester attempts to insert the following test script into the search area on the company’s web site:
<script>alert(” Testing Testing Testing “)</script>
Afterwards, when the tester presses the search button, a pop-up box appears on the screen with the text: “Testing Testing Testing”. Which vulnerability has been detected in the web application?
- Buffer overflow
- Cross-site request forgery
- Distributed denial of service
- Cross-site scripting
Which of the following is an advantage of utilizing security testing methodologies to conduct a security audit?
- They provide a repeatable framework.
- Anyone can run the command line scripts.
- They are available at low cost.
- They are subject to government regulation.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) testing methodology addresses the need to secure web applications by providing which one of the following services?
- An extensible security framework named COBIT
- A list of flaws and how to fix them
- Web application patches
- A security certification for hardened web applications
In the OSI model, where does PPTP encryption take place?
- Transport layer
- Application layer
- Data link layer
- Network layer
Which of the following is an example of IP spoofing?
- SQL injections
- Cross-site scripting
- ARP poisoning
For messages sent through an insecure channel, a properly implemented digital signature gives the receiver reason to believe the message was sent by the claimed sender. While using a digital signature, the message digest is encrypted with which key?
- Sender’s public key
- Receiver’s private key
- Receiver’s public key
- Sender’s private key
Some passwords are stored using specialized encryption algorithms known as hashes. Why is this an appropriate method?
- It is impossible to crack hashed user passwords unless the key used to encrypt them is obtained.
- If a user forgets the password, it can be easily retrieved using the hash key stored by administrators.
- Hashing is faster compared to more traditional encryption algorithms.
- Passwords stored using hashes are non-reversible, making finding the password much more difficult.
Company A and Company B have just merged and each has its own Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). What must the Certificate Authorities (CAs) establish so that the private PKIs for Company A and Company B trust one another and each private PKI can validate digital certificates from the other company?
- Poly key exchange
- Cross certification
- Poly key reference
- Cross-site exchange
Which of the following defines the role of a root Certificate Authority (CA) in a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)?
- The root CA is the recovery agent used to encrypt data when a user’s certificate is lost.
- The root CA stores the user’s hash value for safekeeping.
- The CA is the trusted root that issues certificates.
- The root CA is used to encrypt email messages to prevent unintended disclosure of data.
A network security administrator is worried about potential man-in-the-middle attacks when users access a corporate web site from their workstations. Which of the following is the best remediation against this type of attack?
- Implementing server-side PKI certificates for all connections
- Mandating only client-side PKI certificates for all connections
- Requiring client and server PKI certificates for all connections
- Requiring strong authentication for all DNS queries
Which of the following levels of algorithms does Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) use?
- RSA 1024 bit strength
- AES 1024 bit strength
- RSA 512 bit strength
- AES 512 bit strength