Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50 : CEH Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50v9) : Part 22
Bob received this text message on his mobile phone: ““Hello, this is Scott Smelby from the Yahoo Bank. Kindly contact me for a vital transaction on: [email protected]””. Which statement below is true?
- This is probably a legitimate message as it comes from a respectable organization.
- Bob should write to [email protected] to verify the identity of Scott.
- This is a scam as everybody can get a @yahoo address, not the Yahoo customer service employees.
- This is a scam because Bob does not know Scott.
In an internal security audit, the white hat hacker gains control over a user account and attempts to acquire access to another account’s confidential files and information. How can he achieve this?
- Port Scanning
- Hacking Active Directory
- Privilege Escalation
Which of the following will perform an Xmas scan using NMAP?
- nmap -sA 192.168.1.254
- nmap -sP 192.168.1.254
- nmap -sX 192.168.1.254
- nmap -sV 192.168.1.254
As an Ethical Hacker you are capturing traffic from your customer network with Wireshark and you need to find and verify just SMTP traffic. What command in Wireshark will help you to find this kind of traffic?
- request smtp 25
- tcp.port eq 25
- smtp port
- tcp.contains port 25
Which service in a PKI will vouch for the identity of an individual or company?
In IPv6 what is the major difference concerning application layer vulnerabilities compared to IPv4?
- Implementing IPv4 security in a dual-stack network offers protection from IPv6 attacks too.
- Vulnerabilities in the application layer are independent of the network layer. Attacks and mitigation techniques are almost identical.
- Due to the extensive security measures built in IPv6, application layer vulnerabilities need not be addresses.
- Vulnerabilities in the application layer are greatly different from IPv4.
In which phase of the ethical hacking process can Google hacking be employed? This is a technique that involves manipulating a search string with specific operators to search for vulnerabilities.
allintitle: root passwd
- Maintaining Access
- Gaining Access
- Scanning and Enumeration
Which type of security feature stops vehicles from crashing through the doors of a building?
……..is an attack type for a rogue Wi-Fi access point that appears to be a legitimate one offered on the premises, but actually has been set up to eavesdrop on wireless communications. It is the wireless version of the phishing scam. An attacker fools wireless users into connecting a laptop or mobile phone to a tainted hotspot by posing as a legitimate provider. This type of attack may be used to steal the passwords of unsuspecting users by either snooping the communication link or by phishing, which involves setting up a fraudulent web site and luring people there.
Fill in the blank with appropriate choice.
- Collision Attack
- Evil Twin Attack
- Sinkhole Attack
- Signal Jamming Attack
Which access control mechanism allows for multiple systems to use a central authentication server (CAS) that permits users to authenticate once and gain access to multiple systems?
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Discretionary Access Control (DAC)
- Windows authentication
- Single sign-on
What attack is used to crack passwords by using a precomputed table of hashed passwords?
- Brute Force Attack
- Hybrid Attack
- Rainbow Table Attack
- Dictionary Attack
Your next door neighbor, that you do not get along with, is having issues with their network, so he yells to his spouse the network’s SSID and password and you hear them both clearly. What do you do with this information?
- Nothing, but suggest to him to change the network’s SSID and password.
- Sell his SSID and password to friends that come to your house, so it doesn’t slow down your network.
- Log onto to his network, after all it’s his fault that you can get in.
- Only use his network when you have large downloads so you don’t tax your own network.
Shellshock had the potential for an unauthorized user to gain access to a server. It affected many internet-facing services, which OS did it not directly affect?
- OS X
You want to analyze packets on your wireless network. Which program would you use?
- Wireshark with Airpcap
- Airsnort with Airpcap
- Wireshark with Winpcap
- Ethereal with Winpcap
It has been reported to you that someone has caused an information spillage on their computer. You go to the computer, disconnect it from the network, remove the keyboard and mouse, and power it down. What step in incident handling did you just complete?
What is the code written for?
- Buffer Overflow
- Denial-of-service (Dos)
An enterprise recently moved to a new office and the new neighborhood is a little risky. The CEO wants to monitor the physical perimeter and the entrance doors 24 hours. What is the best option to do this job?
- Use fences in the entrance doors.
- Install a CCTV with cameras pointing to the entrance doors and the street.
- Use an IDS in the entrance doors and install some of them near the corners.
- Use lights in all the entrance doors and along the company’s perimeter.
Which of the following is a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness allows stealing the information protected, under normal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet.
- Heartbleed Bug
- SSL/TLS Renegotiation Vulnerability
There are several ways to gain insight on how a cryptosystem works with the goal of reverse engineering the process. A term describes when two pieces of data result in the same value is?
Which of the following security policies defines the use of VPN for gaining access to an internal corporate network?
- Network security policy
- Remote access policy
- Information protection policy
- Access control policy