Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50v10 : Certified Ethical Hacker v10 Exam : Part 04
A hacker named Jack is trying to compromise a bank’s computer system. He needs to know the operating system of that computer to launch further attacks.
What process would help him?
- Banner Grabbing
- IDLE/IPID Scanning
- SSDP Scanning
- UDP Scanning
What two conditions must a digital signature meet?
- Has to be legible and neat.
- Has to be unforgeable, and has to be authentic.
- Must be unique and have special characters.
- Has to be the same number of characters as a physical signature and must be unique.
Bob, a network administrator at BigUniversity, realized that some students are connecting their notebooks in the wired network to have Internet access. In the university campus, there are many Ethernet ports available for professors and authorized visitors but not for students.
He identified this when the IDS alerted for malware activities in the network.
What should Bob do to avoid this problem?
- Disable unused ports in the switches
- Separate students in a different VLAN
- Use the 802.1x protocol
- Ask students to use the wireless network
Which of the following Bluetooth hacking techniques does an attacker use to send messages to users without the recipient’s consent, similar to email spamming?
Which method of password cracking takes the most time and effort?
- Shoulder surfing
- Brute force
- Dictionary attack
- Rainbow tables
Which of the following program infects the system boot sector and the executable files at the same time?
- Stealth virus
- Polymorphic virus
- Macro virus
- Multipartite Virus
You are a Penetration Tester and are assigned to scan a server. You need to use a scanning technique wherein the TCP Header is split into many packets so that it becomes difficult to detect what the packets are meant for.
Which of the below scanning technique will you use?
- ACK flag scanning
- TCP Scanning
- IP Fragment Scanning
- Inverse TCP flag scanning
An IT employee got a call from one of our best customers. The caller wanted to know about the company’s network infrastructure, systems, and team. New opportunities of integration are in sight for both company and customer. What should this employee do?
- The employees cannot provide any information; but, anyway, he/she will provide the name of the person in charge.
- Since the company’s policy is all about Customer Service, he/she will provide information.
- Disregarding the call, the employee should hang up.
- The employee should not provide any information without previous management authorization.
You perform a scan of your company’s network and discover that TCP port 123 is open. What services by default run on TCP port 123?
- Network Time Protocol
Based on the below log, which of the following sentences are true?
Mar 1, 2016, 7:33:28 AM 10.240.250.23 – 54373 10.249.253.15 – 22 tcp_ip
- SSH communications are encrypted it’s impossible to know who is the client or the server
- Application is FTP and 10.240.250.23 is the client and 10.249.253.15 is the server
- Application is SSH and 10.240.250.23 is the client and 10.249.253.15 is the server
- Application is SSH and 10.240.250.23 is the server and 10.249.253.15 is the server
You have successfully comprised a server having an IP address of 10.10.0.5. You would like to enumerate all machines in the same network quickly.
What is the best Nmap command you will use?
- nmap -T4 -q 10.10.0.0/24
- nmap -T4 -F 10.10.0.0/24
- nmap -T4 -r 10.10.1.0/24
- nmap -T4 -O 10.10.0.0/24
……..is an attack type for a rogue Wi-Fi access point that appears to be a legitimate one offered on the premises, but actually has been set up to eavesdrop on wireless communications. It is the wireless version of the phishing scam. An attacker fools wireless users into connecting a laptop or mobile phone to a tainted hotspot by posing as a legitimate provider. This type of attack may be used to steal the passwords of unsuspecting users by either snooping the communication link or by phishing, which involves setting up a fraudulent web site and luring people there.
Fill in the blank with appropriate choice.
- Evil Twin Attack
- Sinkhole Attack
- Collision Attack
- Signal Jamming Attack
DNS cache snooping is a process of determining if the specified resource address is present in the DNS cache records. It may be useful during the examination of the network to determine what software update resources are used, thus discovering what software is installed.
What command is used to determine if the entry is present in DNS cache?
- nslookup -fullrecursive update.antivirus.com
- dnsnooping –rt update.antivirus.com
- nslookup -norecursive update.antivirus.com
- dns –snoop update.antivirus.com
You are working as a Security Analyst in a company XYZ that owns the whole subnet range of 126.96.36.199/8 and 192.168.0.0/8.
While monitoring the data, you find a high number of outbound connections. You see that IP’s owned by XYZ (Internal) and private IP’s are communicating to a Single Public IP. Therefore, the Internal IP’s are sending data to the Public IP.
After further analysis, you find out that this Public IP is a blacklisted IP, and the internal communicating devices are compromised.
What kind of attack does the above scenario depict?
- Botnet Attack
- Spear Phishing Attack
- Advanced Persistent Threats
- Rootkit Attack
Which of the following is an adaptive SQL Injection testing technique used to discover coding errors by inputting massive amounts of random data and observing the changes in the output?
- Function Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- Static Testing
- Fuzzing Testing
Some clients of TPNQM SA were redirected to a malicious site when they tried to access the TPNQM main site. Bob, a system administrator at TPNQM SA, found that they were victims of DNS Cache Poisoning.
What should Bob recommend to deal with such a threat?
- The use of security agents in clients’ computers
- The use of DNSSEC
- The use of double-factor authentication
- Client awareness
In which of the following password protection technique, random strings of characters are added to the password before calculating their hashes?
- Keyed Hashing
- Key Stretching
- Double Hashing
Which Nmap option would you use if you were not concerned about being detected and wanted to perform a very fast scan?
Which of the following provides a security professional with most information about the system’s security posture?
- Wardriving, warchalking, social engineering
- Social engineering, company site browsing, tailgating
- Phishing, spamming, sending trojans
- Port scanning, banner grabbing, service identification
What is the most common method to exploit the “Bash Bug” or “ShellShock” vulnerability?
- Manipulate format strings in text fields
- SYN Flood
- Through Web servers utilizing CGI (Common Gateway Interface) to send a malformed environment variable to a vulnerable Web server